>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 25-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #46
Beriadan
Hwo told god how to model

Put your heands togheder for that great concept
Beriadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #47
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 7
looking good.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 01:16 AM   #48
Warbringerd

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Yay an update, I have to work tomorrow so I wont be up too much longer. i have the base primarily fleshed out now, I still have some more stuff to add to it and probably spme clean up to reduce some poly's in areas that really don't need it. I struggled to get the shape I wanted and I ended up having to go about it the hard way. I used nurbs and curves to get the shape then converted to poly's then stiched it all together and pushed and pulled some verts.

Anyways here is what I have so far, the pose isn't there yet, that will come later.
Attached Images

Warbringerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 03:15 AM   #49
Warbringerd

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Off to bed, here is where I stand thus far.
Attached Images

Old 26-03-2009, 04:24 AM   #50
patient09

the base turned out really good. nice job.

lots of potential for zbrush fun.
patient09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 05:46 AM   #51
spider2544

i totally dig the concept, and the base has turned out great as well.

cant wait to see you Zbrush this thing to bad ass levels.
Old 26-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #52
Warbringerd

Awards Showcase
Yea I need 2 more fleshy hooks, so I really need to find some faces that I can kibosh, I'm going to put in the geo and then go back and do some more cleaning up tillI get the right count, once there I will go into Zbrush, pose and export low poly. Then sculpt high poly.

One question I have though, i think its possible but not sure, are you able to have both a displacement and normal map n a shader or is it one or the other? I know you can combine displacments using a blend node but they get tagged as displacement. What I'm curious about is can you have a normal map on as normal tangent (maya btw) and a displacement on as displacement? Hmmmm if any one has the quick answer can you let me know other wise its going to be hypershade fun for me.
Old 27-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #53
Warbringerd

Awards Showcase
Did some revisions and some clean up with small additions, still have room to add a few more things and I'm sure I can find a few areas that have some poly's that dont really need it. So here is where I'm at, sooooo close to taking into Zbrush. I might do a transpose pass first to get he pose just right then start the sculpt.
Attached Images

Old 29-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #54
Warbringerd

Awards Showcase
Another up date, merged a few things cut out some uneeded faces and added a few more tenticle scythes, going to do a little posing in Zbrush, wish me luck.
Attached Images

Old 30-03-2009, 02:48 AM   #55
patient09

posing = huge headaches in ZB for me. good luck.
patient09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 04:31 AM   #56
Warbringerd

Awards Showcase
Never done it B4, so we'll se how it works out, if need be I might just throw in a small rig in maya just to ge the upper body posed out. Not too sure though. Also right now I'm doing the unwrap........Bah manual unwrap...what a biatch..
Old 01-04-2009, 06:55 PM   #57
Warbringerd

Awards Showcase
Alrighty, Had this in Z for some transpose fun but it ended up being more of a mess than anything for the posing, so took it into trusty maya for a little quick rig and deformation and even though its a bit slower than the transpose, its by far that much more controlable. So here it is pre Z, have a few tris left to play with but I think it is high time for some Z love...Or atleast an attempt......Oh yea and I unwrapped already, but one question what do you guys use? the standard 3D app and use it manually or do you have plugins that you find really useful for it? If so Which and where did you get them?

L8rs
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2009, 08:21 PM   #58
JuST

Awards Showcase
I really like the pose! Especially the way the fingers look now is pretty cool.
Well done.
JuST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:42 AM   #59
Warbringerd

Awards Showcase
Started in Z and here is where I sit, just started on the head,now I'm not very fast but I'm hoping I get there.
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2009, 06:04 AM   #60
JGavin

Send a message via MSN to JGavin
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 1
nice, like the concept. Turning out really good.