>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 28-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #31
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Looking cool I like the design, but you've got a problem with the cloth texture though in that because it seems to just have been textured onto the low poly, it completely negates the cloth folds in your normal map. The texture is perfectly flat, even when it's going over the folds of the normal map, which really destroys the illusion the normal map should be giving you.

You should try texturing your high poly, and then baking that texture onto your low poly so that the folds are accounted for. Just unwrap your lowest subdivision (if you haven't already), then texture that, and then when you step up the divisions the texture will be warped around the cloth folds. Bake that high poly with the texture and it should help keep the diffuse and normal map in harmony.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #32
LaMonk

Send a message via ICQ to LaMonk
Warlock 279 thanks! I didn't say it purposely but she already has two logo-image on her. They are on her necklace and on her badge on the hair. But I see this is not enought. Ill think about it =)
Agent-X thank you )
Puckducker. I'll try to add volume to the cloth textures. But I don't like z-brush texturing. It's not comfortable and diffuse I get from highpoly don't fit with normal map. It's better for me to draw diffuse over normalmap in Photoshop.
LaMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #33
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Oh, ya, I see them now that you mention it. Certainly wouldn't hurt to draw a little more attention to them tho.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:24 PM   #34
LaMonk

Warlock 279, yea ... don't want to be disqualified because of one fulish mistake =)

New UP! Last before the last one ^^
Old 01-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #35
JuST

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Awesome!!! All that detail...
I'd like to see the folds a little clearer, to give it more depth. But perhaps this is a render-issue?
Old 02-05-2009, 09:16 AM   #36
LaMonk

JuST, thanks)
Think I can add depth with putting AO into diffuse. I'll think about how it is necessary.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #37
Fixor

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
Awesome style and details, mate!

DWIV - 3D - Fixor - Eckhart
Fixor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:22 PM   #38
LaMonk

Fixor, thanks man )

So ... all I need now is her magic fan and to collect all textures in one)
Old 03-05-2009, 05:33 PM   #39
Ichiban

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: top News Bar plug The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
This one is looking great. keep it up
Old 03-05-2009, 07:13 PM   #40
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
He, looking good. Two crits, the black could be just a shade lighter, in the front view I can't tell if you're don't anything with it or not, and in the back view I can only make a wrinkle or two. Your spec map/light set up, might fix that tho.

The other crit, how about a some bright blue eyes, to give here a little bit more of a magical look?

Otherwise, looking excellent. You've done an excellent job with all the fabrics, and I still think the hair is awesome.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:15 AM   #41
LaMonk

Warlock 279, I'll think about black fabrics. However It is almost black on the concept and it makes sence - it won't interfere with her jewelry.
About eyes ... I can't imagine carrot with blue eyes^^
Old 04-05-2009, 04:01 PM   #42
LaMonk

Magic weapon - magic fan with team logo. Don't know how magic it is, but it can chase the wind =)

Last edited by LaMonk; 04-05-2009 at 05:55 PM..
Old 04-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #43
aUGIS

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
it could control weather
Old 04-05-2009, 06:18 PM   #44
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to ryvick
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
Very sweet. i wanna play with her hair. pluck out those flowers. but its probably thorny.
ryvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:38 PM   #45
LaMonk

Yesss! I did it! Сollected all maps, made some color correction and built the pedestal. If you have to say something - say it now, because tomorrow I'll start the Beauty Shot.

ryvick 0_o ... pervert ...

Here is two more pictures if you are curious:
--without skining--
--maps--