>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 22-03-2009, 06:25 PM   #16
Agent-X

Send a message via AIM to Agent-X Send a message via MSN to Agent-X Send a message via Yahoo to Agent-X
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
some nice concepts man, I cant wait to see it in 3d.
Old 23-03-2009, 12:17 PM   #17
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Great man, a bit cluttered though

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #18
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Nice....I really like the one with the lance arm and the shield. Could be using the the sword as well. He has a bit of a regal/knight look to him anyways, and the big holy shield really adds to that.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 12:37 PM   #19
Steamtrooper

Send a message via MSN to Steamtrooper
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I did it despite my sloth like nature 
Cheers guys, input much appreciated, although with no regular net access Im kinda of a day ahead in concepting by the time I get the input. On this occasion I think most of you will be pleased as the direction Ive gone as tended to agree with your comments.

BiG ToE-3DT - Big Gun - Yup! I thought that too - although Ive opted for working on a gun like the bird guy from Farscape - where the Lance/Sword opens to reveal a BFG. When closed outlet nossles around the hilt are good for close combat shooting.

redonix - Soz mate but I think the shield is going to be a forearm mounted buckler or its gone the way of the dodo. I kind of think of the guy ( tentatively named Herne or maybe LUG, ), as having Sigma level force shields for defense. But we will see.

Warlock - Hi, yup I think thats kinda where the head is headed.

Agent X - cheers man, hope the model stays true, although Ive already got some changes in mind.

Hulahuga - thats an understatement, but Ive born it in mind and hopefully things will start to flow a bit more naturally.

Puckducker - dang you got me rethinking my rethink on the shield. Sword - Im kinda thinking gladus/machete but as a sheathed weapon.

Well I have some more concepts to get feedback to be posted Wed PM GMT, in the meantime Im gonna goto Max and start getting the structure modelled.

All the best and sorry I havent had time to check on anyone elses work as yet (I loath not having the net grrr.)

Last edited by Steamtrooper; 24-03-2009 at 12:41 PM..
Steamtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 02:35 AM   #20
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
I like the second one; the shield/spear combo is rad. Anything with a shield is a cool idea for a robot to have; they're usually not very defense minded But it definitely gives off a feeling of a classic warrior archetype, like a knight

Current 3DTotal comps: none. Learning Character Rigging, Unity.
Comments & Critiques, always appreciated

Homepage: This is Vinsanity
VinsanityV20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #21
Steamtrooper

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I did it despite my sloth like nature 
Thanks Vinsanity - the shield does seem to be popular so I might have to incorporate on back into the design.

For now here is the roughed out background story to what is tentatively named 'Herne' for now. Input greately appreciated, some names and places may change but I think this is kinda the direction the story goes.

Last edited by Steamtrooper; 28-03-2009 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: original image too large
Old 26-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #22
Steamtrooper

Awards Showcase
Update - Ive taken the layout as far as Im going to for now and have started thinking about the Lance/Gun in closeup. Also started to give the textures some thought - thinking Black and Silver fillgree work for now.

Started the modelling last night and should be able to post some early stuff Sat/Sunday.

Crits n comments always welcome.
Old 28-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #23
Steamtrooper

Awards Showcase
Not sure if this will work, ( all help greatly appreciated if it doesnt).

Well got an hour of modelling done this afternoon so heres an early shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYk3tlxRS9k

Idealy Id like to post a video in here direct but unsure how to go about it? Is it allowed and how would I do this?

Help much appreciated.
Old 28-03-2009, 04:43 PM   #24
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
nice and clean.

In the story, some letters were small... Check it.

WIP
Old 28-03-2009, 05:29 PM   #25
Steamtrooper

Awards Showcase
yeah theyre reminders to me for later, its just the content thats important for now, it runs a little long I think, but not sure what Im gonna cut just yet.

any thoughts.
Old 28-03-2009, 06:51 PM   #26
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
you could cut a part of the sixth part.

Also some words don't really fit in.

WIP
Old 01-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #27
Steamtrooper

Awards Showcase
Hi everyone, after a weekend break Ive decided to change direction somewhat to a more contemporary Mech rather than my original retro thing ( I will make that as a personal project after the war though).

Background still stands, hes still a Warmachine and the celtic thing is still important hence the name being Cerrunos/Herne. Big plans in mind for the weapon with hopefully a nice twist in the tail.

New sils and some early work shots to follow.

C n C welcome.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #28
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
He looks like tower guard

WIP
Old 01-04-2009, 04:21 PM   #29
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
He looks like a tower guard!

WIP
Old 01-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #30
Steamtrooper

Awards Showcase
Cheers hulahuga thats the idea.

How do I go about naming my thread? if it can be done from here - Cernunnos

Thanks if it can be done.

Tags
cernunnos, dominance war, heavenly, mecha