>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 20-03-2009, 11:12 PM   #1
MarioC

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
DWIV - 3D - Astaroth - Samael

Character Name: Samael
Class: Demon lord

here is the finished sketch
c&c are really welcome in this stage, so that i can go straight to the modelling stage

Last edited by MarioC; 28-04-2009 at 02:50 PM..
MarioC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #2
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
Very nice. Does he have an arm growing out of his arm?
Old 20-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #3
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
I like it! four arms, I think it will be very bad!
Old 20-03-2009, 11:31 PM   #4
khemist000

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Looking good so far.
khemist000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 12:09 AM   #5
MarioC

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
thank you for your comment, i'm happy that you like him ^^

essentially he has 6 arms, since in the description of the race they are described as "an almost godly foe", and high class heavenly being usually have 6 wings, i've thinked that the counterpart should have 6 arms, as sign of their level
then 2 arms have evolved as wings, 2 are situated on the back, and the others are similar to human being
Old 21-03-2009, 09:31 AM   #6
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
I want to see more, like the armor too!
Old 21-03-2009, 10:07 AM   #7
RBL
Taking things seriously.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in SPEEDPAINTING CHALLENGE nr.30 - a SUPERHERO.... flawed 
Total Awards: 3
Haaha 2 arms evolved into wings, nice concept. But I donīt see that in your design. I think they should look like more "Manbat" wings:

DW IV entry: 3D - Demon Prince - "Paradox"
RBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 11:42 AM   #8
MarioC

Awards Showcase
well, wings in all creature are all the same, they keep the structure of the arm, but i couldn't give him wings thin as a bat, so the only thing that change are the muscles
maybe they don't look much like wings because they are in relax pose, once stretched i hope they will look better
Old 21-03-2009, 11:54 AM   #9
JuST

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Very well and clean done concept!
I like the idea of a six-arm-demon with wings. And the armor looks great, too.
JuST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 01:15 PM   #10
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Location: Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
I like the armor, especially on the wings with the chains holding it together and the 3DT logo on the sholder pads, that's cool.
miycko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #11
MarioC

Awards Showcase
thanks everyone for your kind comments ^^
so someone has noticed the 3dtotal logo on the shoulder XD
i was worried that it were not so clean to see

here is the new update, it has been a little hard to make all stay in the polygon limit, now i'll try to work better on the proportion of the model, and i'll finish coloring the sketch to fix how the texture will look like

of course C&C are always welcome, a fresh eyes watch can see many errors that i don't see
Old 25-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #12
lampshadehead
<B>BOLD</B>

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
This looks very cool great job and nice to see it modelled. Can we see a rear view to see how all those arms attach?
lampshadehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 04:02 PM   #13
MarioC

Awards Showcase
yeah, i don't know if it's clear
the lower arms will have an hole in that sort of scale mail, and will be attached to the lower back, while the upper arm are attached somewhere below the shoulder
Old 30-03-2009, 06:27 PM   #14
MarioC

Awards Showcase
here's the sketch updated with colours
at this stage i'd really need a suggestion, since i was thinking of adding some crack on the armor, and let see some lava flowing through it, but i can't decide if it look better in a way or another
so here is the armor with and without crack, can you tell me what look better??? XD

Last edited by MarioC; 30-03-2009 at 06:30 PM..
Old 30-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #15
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
I like the idea of scratches, but I'm not sure if you want lava showing through it. To me it would seem like it is taking the attention away from the rest of the model. Just my opinion