>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 31-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #16
MarioC

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
thanks for your comment SR_6274, i'll keep it in mind

i've finished unwrapping the model, and can finally start to sculpt, i think i'll subdivide the uv and use the group_uv in zbrush to define the subtools
here is the unwrapped model, and the uv sheet

Old 31-03-2009, 11:09 PM   #17
spider2544

im not so sure those extra arms on his back are helping your design.

they are feeling almost tacked on and like useless appendages. i think it might help your design out to take them off. and it will save more polys for other things and free up texture space.
Old 15-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #18
MarioC

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
hi guys, it's been a while till the last update XD
thanks for the comment spider2544, if it won't look good in the end, i'll try to remove the back arm

here is an update on the sculpting, it's still basic, i'll add more detail in the future
btw while sculpting i've noticed that the foot part were too thin, so i'll expant it in the low poly mesh later
as always, C&C are welcome ^^

Old 15-04-2009, 05:09 PM   #19
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
Very cool. I think I agree about the extra arms though. Unless you have something planned for them coming out of the back, you might want to loose em.
Old 17-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #20
MarioC

Awards Showcase
ok, almost finished with the sculpting, for some part, like the shoulders, i'll export them in a separated file, same for the side of the belt
another thing i need to refine are the hands, and maybe some more detail in the head

Old 18-04-2009, 12:43 AM   #21
spartan118
Lookn 4 professional work

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Awsome work, it looks very cool, love the design of the armor though I dont see the point of the arms on the back, GET RID OF EM

You can help support the project here

CURRENT RIG:
Intel Core i7, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB HDD, ATI RADEON 2GB GDDR5.
spartan118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #22
MarioC

Awards Showcase
hi guys, it's been a while from the last update
here is a little one, the low poly model with normal map and trasparency applied

i've already started the diffuse and specular too, but i'll update them later, i still have to enlarge a little the feet, scale all the model to the proper size, and rig everything
i will delete the back arm after the rigging probably, i'm starting to not like them too XD

really thanks for your suggestions ^^
Old 28-04-2009, 02:45 PM   #23
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
good job Astaroth! I'm waiting the textures
Old 02-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #24
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Me too

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:13 PM   #25
MarioC

Awards Showcase
ok, texturing is not finished yet, but i think it's a good time for suggestion and anything else
this is the texturing so far, with diffuse, specular, normal map, and glow on some parts

any comment and critique are really welcome ^^
Old 03-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #26
aUGIS

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
looks great, but looks too good in these colours
Old 03-05-2009, 05:31 PM   #27
JuST

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
I agree! Looks pretty... and with a little dirt, scratches and veins and such everything will turn out great!
Old 03-05-2009, 05:33 PM   #28
Ichiban

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: top News Bar plug The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
You must definitely put veins on those wings, it's looking good though.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:07 AM   #29
MarioC

Awards Showcase
i totally forgot about the veins, thank you guys XD
here is another little update
yesterday i started the rigging of the character, i hope to finish it for today, i've scaled the model too, so it's now 12,5 meter tall
here is the bone system

i've created a snake sword too, since probably i'll delete the backarms, i'll use that polys for this sword

Old 05-05-2009, 09:53 AM   #30
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
ohhh! I didn't come for a long time, good job I like it so much!!! I see some dirty textures as well as for metal...