>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 31-03-2009, 03:16 AM   #16
KaterinaD

Buzz001

Hey Buzz001,

My High Rez is far over 10k but the low rez will be probably around 10k. I'm going to use as much as it takes to make the character look good, keep jagged edges off, so i probably will use that amount. I also have panic to finish up so that's gonna push me to the limit for sure.
KaterinaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 05:25 AM   #17
Holo
Rusty Wireframe

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Wow, very nice work, and welcome to the forums btw.

always nice to see someone else from the GTA in here

*Lightwave User*
Holo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:35 AM   #18
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
That looks really, really cool so far. That thing is just so demon-y and alien-y and just awesome

There's a noticeable seam on the arm right now though; I wonder if that's just cuz it's early right now, or if you're planning on doing sort of a....like, "skin pulled over the bone" kinda effect? It's always hard to tell where people are going when they just pull out sculpting WIP's, but that's also usually really fun as the creature comes together organically...

Can't wait to see more!

Current 3DTotal comps: none. Learning Character Rigging, Unity.
Comments & Critiques, always appreciated

Homepage: This is Vinsanity
VinsanityV20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:38 AM   #19
KaterinaD

WIP Pain and Panic

Pain and Panic WIP

Old 04-04-2009, 03:41 AM   #20
KaterinaD

Hey, VinsanityV20

the seams that you see aren't really seems there just the character in pieces. those won't be seems at the end.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:30 PM   #21
mel_danes
Occupant

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
You've got a great Pumpkin Head vibe with this piece. What is the other character like?
mel_danes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:34 PM   #22
KaterinaD

update WIP

Old 08-04-2009, 06:35 AM   #23
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Awesome

Old 12-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #24
KaterinaD

colour test WIP

Colour test

Old 14-04-2009, 01:05 AM   #25
buzz001

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
The color looks very demonic but you are losing some of the detail that you have worked so hard for. Test a bumpmap and a specular layer to see how the details will react with the light.
Old 26-04-2009, 07:26 AM   #26
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Man, this place is a ghost town. We gotta drum up more visitors for you, Katerina! You should poke around other people's threads, and check out other stuff. We gotta stand strong as a team; keep bouncing ideas off of each other, and all.

Anyway, the latest texture looks very realistic. While Buzz001 is correct in that it does wash out some of the sculpt detail, it still looks close to photorealistic. Very dinosaur-like. In that spirit, I think it could use more variety; patterns, blotches - skin just isn't that uniform most of the time. Look at what Mix_Mash did on this page of Big Toe's thread with a dinosaur texture:

http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=65758&page=9

Also, as a general suggstion I've made to most of the demon characters, they seem too clean cut; a couple blood splatters - maybe around the mouth? - couldn't hurt. Surely, those kinda touches could add some 'zazz' to the texture.

Still, as far as I'm concerned, the hard part is over. The detail work done so far is excellent

Old 05-05-2009, 02:48 AM   #27
newhere
Work, art and videogames

Send a message via AIM to newhere
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: or participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge ''Guitar Hero / Rock Band'' 
Total Awards: 7
Good texture work. You should use a cavity map to bring out your normal maps more and then bake them on to you color texture.
"Life is like a video game that you have to play seriously. You can't just push the start button if you fail and come back in with everything you know or everything you have gained over a period of time."
~Newhere~

Angel Mars (Nudity)
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=75414
Queen's Blade Vol. 12 ~ Cattleya
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=62172
Dominance War V - God Of Enlightenment:
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82875
newhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:21 AM   #28
KaterinaD

hey

Hey Guys, thanks for the input. i'm just getting back into dominance war. work and a texture test for another company got in the way. i'm hoping to finish but i got tons to do. i know i should really look at whats going on with other people but my job keeps me late and its hard to get back on this thing. well, i'll see if i can peek around within the next few days.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:39 PM   #29
JuST

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Hey no problem.
And btw. I like your latest progress.
Old 17-05-2009, 11:26 PM   #30
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
No Prob Katerina! Work always comes first; I remember when I got a interview at a game studio, I stopped everything that I was doing. Called off my then-current job for the entire week 'cuz I wasn't quite sure when my interview was - THAT little move cost me said job, but I got the game studio job in the end My point is, no problem - do what you gotta do. Work comes first; especially since this is after all, "just for fun"....earrrghhh...

Man, I don't wanna say that when I LIVE for trashing Polycount