>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 22-03-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
KaterinaD

DWIV - 3D - KaterinaD - Pain and Panic

I am going with the demon race, abomination. This pic is not concept, only inspiration.

By kateirnad at 2009-03-22
KaterinaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
octogeranio
Create your custom world

Great, good idea!

similar affinities. Let's see the progress in the next days.

Salu2,

Octogeranio
octogeranio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 10:37 PM   #3
KaterinaD

updated post GEO

Head of Pain

By kateirnad at 2009-03-22
Old 23-03-2009, 03:07 AM   #4
Joseph Pomeisl

Send a message via MSN to Joseph Pomeisl
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: Created a model SDK and is sharing it with the forum, for free. Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
Cool shape, and the inspiration pic is neat. Not sure what you have planned - but there's a lot of optimizing to be done. Might be better to do it now rather than down the road.
Joseph Pomeisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 03:31 AM   #5
redonix76
3DT 4 Life

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Nice! Looks scary all ready!! Those things from Constantine are really cool and are great references.

-Portfolio-
-DWV-
redonix76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #6
KaterinaD

ok thanks
Old 23-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #7
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Location: Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
Looks promising already.
Old 29-03-2009, 04:36 AM   #8
KaterinaD

update for model

ZBrush of pain model

Old 29-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #9
JuST

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Awesome! I like the fact that it has 3 eyes!
JuST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 06:01 PM   #10
buzz001

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
I love the detail on your model, it makes my skin crawl in a good way... Can't wait to see what panic will look like. I have a question what are you using tonstart-off with? I use Maya and recently purchase ZBrush after researching both Mudbox & Z. Can I great my model in Zbrush and transfer it to Maya or the opposite. I'm trying to figure-out what will be quickest method to acomplish a good uvmap and model using both softwares. Looking forward to panic.
buzz001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 06:05 PM   #11
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
Total Awards: 6
good start, man!
Old 30-03-2009, 11:15 PM   #12
KaterinaD

to buzzoo1

hey i'm gonna try to answer your questions best i can: your first question:[U] I have a question what are you using tonstart-off with? I started off modeling the general shape in max. it's a hi-rez model so there will be enough geometry to work with in zbrush. the geometry is spaced fairly evenly around the entire model. Then i grab the mesh and put a quick unwrap on it, which might be in maya's edit unwrap - mapping - flatten mapping. you don't need to unwrap it before it goes into zbrush but i do it because there are plug-ins for zbrush that require the mesh to be unwrap, and that setting (flatten mapping) will unwrap your char. in a matter of seconds but it should not be used when you are doing your final unwrap on your low-rez character. If i where you i would model your general character in maya, make sure the geometry is clean and your working with quads and then bring it into zbrush and work on it there. also be aware of not making the mesh in zbrush higher than --flat million polys. its better to split up the character and bring in pieces and export them out or burn the mesh in zbrush. with the uvmap for your final model--don't rush it. make sure its a good unwrap, well thought out, so that you can mirror what you need to and hide the seams at the same time. the unwrap is very important. especially for texturing. i'm assuming you already know how to unwrap in maya. i'm sorry if this doesn't answer your question. its a very difficult question because there is no right or wrong way of doing stuff, its just a matter of preference. if you have any other questions or if i haven't explained it well enough please send me another post and i'll try to answer your questions better.

Old 31-03-2009, 12:10 AM   #13
buzz001

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
KaterinaD, thank you for your advice will follow this pattern. If you make a high rez And not exceed the 10K limit or are you pushing it to the very last tri. Thanks again very helpful information.
buzz001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 02:53 AM   #14
khemist000

Awards Showcase
wow! great idea and sculpt so far. Looking forward to more.

Good Luck.
khemist000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 03:07 AM   #15
KaterinaD

updated Pain model, ZBrush