>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Realtime/Low poly art

Old 26-04-2010, 03:57 AM   #76
D-Chap
Moon Master

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
All this stuff looks incredible, really impressive man! The normal mapping on the gun is great.
Old 28-04-2010, 07:28 AM   #77
jeremiah_bigley
Modeler

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Looks pretty cool man! Lets see some progress on this though! I want to see some textures! lol Nice use of those geospheres man :P
And you know... Phillip is being stubborn and doesn't want to use the geospheres. :/ don't tell him I said anything and then when you see his lowpoly on his gun tell him to use a geosphere for the butt of the gun. I already suggested it to him and he kinda dodged it.
jeremiah_bigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #78
Raul

Send a message via Yahoo to Raul
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
thanx JJ, i was sitting behind him when he was modeling it. I think i said something, but i dont remember.....ill let him know...

Well, im doing my low poly's at once. So textures will need to wait till i am able to get a new machine. Marmoset wont run on the piece of crap machine im using right now.

Last edited by Raul; 28-04-2010 at 06:41 PM..
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #79
Oniram

Send a message via AIM to Oniram Send a message via MSN to Oniram
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
going back a bit. Could you post up a texture sheet for your diver helmet. im interested in seeing your maps.
Oniram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:16 AM   #80
Raul

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
well of course!

Also, here is a breakdown that i wanted to post a long time ago, but never got around

Old 15-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #81
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Send a message via MSN to chunkymunky
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
You rock with those textures, just beautiful
chunkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2010, 09:15 AM   #82
Raul

Awards Showcase
@munky - dude, what happened to the old avatar. I liked that one better. Tho, thanx!

lp barber chair. feedback is welcome!
Anyway, here is the final lp barber chair. be texturing sometime this weekend.

lp breakdown.
Old 21-05-2010, 11:21 AM   #83
rocneasta-3DT

Send a message via ICQ to rocneasta-3DT Send a message via MSN to rocneasta-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to rocneasta-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #89 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge sms #40 Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge SMC #73 -  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 33
i'm guessing you're the go to guy when i have questions about low poly modeling and marmoset render engine

nice chair, has a very nice feel of materials
rocneasta-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2010, 12:37 PM   #84
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
That barbar's chair is incredible! The avatar changed because Psycho Mantis ruined it and used it for his own avatar lol, and I fancied a change but liked it too so have revamped it

Last edited by chunkymunky; 21-05-2010 at 01:21 PM..
chunkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #85
Raul

Awards Showcase
@rocnesta - i know very little about lp. but give me a shot!

@ chunkymunky - lol, i saw that.
Old 22-05-2010, 08:15 AM   #86
jeremiah_bigley
Modeler

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Raul asked me to take a look at his lowpoly and see if there was anything I thought that I would change and it was hard to tell through the pictures. And the guy was nice enough to send me his obj of this badass model to look over. So I did a little paintover of the things that I found and he said I could post it on here.
Here you go man. Thanks for letting me work on your awesome model. it was fun. And I really hope this helps
Attached Images

jeremiah_bigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 10:31 PM   #87
Raul

Awards Showcase
thank you JJ for taking the time to ruin..i mean, point out things on my chair! :P Most of JJ's tips were pretty awesome, tho, instead of reducing it more, i just added more where it needed more silhoutte values.

moving on...textures for the chair are on the works. here is a rough pass. Thinking of making 2 versions one that looks like the photop, and one with my own twist.

im currently using marmoset to preview my textures as i work, but it is pissing me off. So i started using the new 3point studios shader. Which is ****ing awesome!! I dont have screenshots of that yet...

Any feedback or suggestions are welcome!
Old 29-05-2010, 01:28 AM   #88
TekNeek
Wait, whut?

Send a message via MSN to TekNeek
Vey very nice!

--Showreel--
TekNeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #89
DG87

Pretty awesome stuff, Raul! I really like how that diver helmet came out, nicely done!

Portfolio | 3DTotal | ArtStation | DeviantArt | GameArtisans | Polycount

Available for freelance or full-time work.
DG87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:49 PM   #90
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Awards Showcase
Awesome colouring, very natural and vibrant, looking excellent