>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Armageddon - Dec 2009 > Armageddon - Sculpting "Demonic Overseer"

Old 10-12-2009, 12:15 PM   #61
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Send a message via MSN to Neil_F01
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #61 -  
Total Awards: 9
yeah that sound cool.. think i was thinking about entering this army of one comp.. but who knows.. a speed sculpt is a less effort in some ways.. lol.. but anyway.. cheers for all the comments.. i think i will start on one shortly..
Attached Images

Last edited by Neil_F01; 10-12-2009 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: next basemesh
Neil_F01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:09 PM   #62
Ibbo

Revision of my base mesh- now with inverted knee joint!

Next post will hopefully show the mesh posed, with the beginnings of the sculpt!

-Ibbo
Ibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:32 PM   #63
goast666
Toast

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Ibbo - goat legs...not just joints...needs hooves. I'd look at some actual goat legs for proportions and bone length.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #64
Freekybevis
Black Label.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
kewl update on the legs if you just delete that middle toe you are well on ure way to having hooves like goast says. (which makes more sense because of the type of horns you have). And neil that looks a lot better than your first one. lets see some first base scultping from that now .

Last edited by Freekybevis; 10-12-2009 at 09:50 PM..
Freekybevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:13 AM   #65
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #61 -  
yeah i would agree with the others on this one.. regarding that goat.. you really should address the issues around the knees.. for me its as if that ankle bit is pulled too far back from where the knee joint is...

in total there are really only 5 different types of bone joints.. i.e. hinge joint, ball and socket joint.. etc..

at the moment your knee looks like it hinges to another ball and socket joint.. if you know what i mean sorry..
Old 11-12-2009, 08:17 AM   #66
Freekybevis
Black Label.

Awards Showcase
so heres my overseer about 97.34245% complete.
Attached Images

Last edited by Freekybevis; 11-12-2009 at 09:07 AM..
Freekybevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:07 AM   #67
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
so far so little to see.
Freekybevis - nice sculpt and even nicer concept.
neil-fo1 - your first sculpt reminds me of a character from old horor movie. it only needs a chainsaw . your second base mesh looks like a cangoroo or a giant blodhound . curious whats goint to be there.
ibbo - nice base mesh.
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:26 PM   #68
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
yeah that looks really good bevis. the only thing that i dont like about it.. is that for an demonic overseer.. which i would put down as something evil.. he looks really happy or cheerful or something.. definalty to happy to be evil..
Old 11-12-2009, 01:54 PM   #69
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_F01 View Post
yeah that looks really good bevis. the only thing that i dont like about it.. is that for an demonic overseer.. which i would put down as something evil.. he looks really happy or cheerful or something.. definalty to happy to be evil..
Nah, he's just sticking his tongue out to the world he's conquering.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #70
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespace-3DT View Post
Nah, he's just sticking his tongue out to the world he's conquering.
fair enough.. lol..

anyway.. heres an update.. probably spent maybe 2 and half hours maybe..
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2009, 08:11 PM   #71
Angelldude
Key Master & Card Maker

My concept for Challenge...

Long time lurker, just getting started in Zbrush and i got time to finally join in on a contest. Here is my concept...maybe a little too much. Wanted to do a big monster demon type...typical. I plan on building it in Zbrush and maybe some of the armor in Lightwave to be brought into zbrush. Maybe not super original but i wanted something i would whip up with Zspheres and ZSketch and kinda just go to town with the little details...maybe make changes on the fly as i work on it.
Attached Images

Angelldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:14 PM   #72
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
now thats a bad-ass demon .
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:34 PM   #73
FirstKeeper

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: I've won a 3DTotal alien t-shirt! photo. The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the ''Demonic Overseer'' sculpting challenge 
Total Awards: 6
Hello, I really like this contest theme. I'm in. Here is my demon concept.
Attached Images

FirstKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:48 PM   #74
wasco
3Dexter

Send a message via ICQ to wasco
Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! 
my concept of Overseer

what do you think guys, not too brutal?
Attached Images

Old 13-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #75
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Interesting concepts, guys. Let's see them come to life!

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote