>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > After the Smoke Clears - Jan 2010 > After the Smoke Clears - Digital Painting

Old 31-01-2010, 01:43 AM   #16
WhiteGuardian

Awards Showcase
Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: 01-04-2010 08:07 AM  	 Edit  Remove   	 chris_solo 	won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. 
Total Awards: 1
You have really great sketch and planning for your entry. I think you don't need any critic right now. Just wanna say good luck and hope you can finish your entry.
WhiteGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 08:45 AM   #17
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
We will see if I can, I've been sleeping a bit and I'm going to details right now after some coffee. Third step soon, trying to get some more contrast and details on it.
Hey you know critics are always welcome here, even negatives ones.
Which one do you prefer, and why? Are they some mistakes? Some critics about lightning, perspective or colors. My composition suck, and I should change it...My concept is not strong enough, I should work it more...
I always need critics , but thanks for the nice comment WhiteGuardian.
Good luck for the judging part!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #18
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
really good idea!! composition and perspective is good!
I think that there could only finish, detail and color development!
so >> go, go, go blue rabbit!
Old 31-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #19
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Goood morning/evening people!

Yes chris_solo, the big work now, but I'm on it, some hours left and it's over. You're pushing me and that's really nice, I hope I won't disapoint you. Thanks for support!
I just worked a bit onto the other image, the colors one, wanted to empty my head from actual work. The jpg compression hurt!
I'm not sure I should keep the one with trash colors and black columns (Yes, I've been tempt by the "dark side"), or the first one...?
Want some empty feeling there, maybe "dark", I dont know...
Attached Images

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
Old 31-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #20
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
back

Others steps are finished, now I need to block and more details/lightning/corrections.
Don't know if I go on some kind of broken windows view or I just let two side parts, maybe da broken window:
Attached Images

Old 31-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #21
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
choice two for me.
Old 31-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #22
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Re

Right choice man!
I'm onto the leaves atm, then I'll work onto the stairs and background house, don't know if I'll let flat left black or no... Seem I'll because I also need to finish my color work, I had some nice idea to finish it, 1 hour left, and WIPS, aouuuch!
Attached Images

Old 31-01-2010, 03:28 PM   #23
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Again

Ok, I've finished upper leaves, some lack of details on the little ones but... Now I really need to go onto the background stairs house for this one.
If you're passing by, need some comments about last color work, the last two "underwater" style ones I've posted yesterday. Wich one do you prefer? C&c are welcome, maybe I'll replace black columns by spirits columns and go vertical.
Last run, keep it up guys!
Attached Images

Old 31-01-2010, 05:09 PM   #24
shanmatte30

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''The Lonely Soldier'' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''The Lonely Soldier'' 
Total Awards: 2
Smile

good job washka...!
thz view realy nice. also thz window view tells something....
shanmatte30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #25
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Finals

Thanks a lot shanmatte30. Your painting also tells a story, and I think that even if technically your painting for armageddon's comp was kinda better, I'm more feeling da story inside your new last one for ghostcity. What do you think about it?
I had to rush to finish this last one, but It was worth of it. In fact I started it yesterday.(Leaves killed my time, I even wanted to work them more...)
Thanks all for the support (especially chris_solo) and for your participation, it was a lot of fun, a lot of interesting entries for this comp' (again), I must admit that the subject was quite interesting.
Hey you know what? I could'nt finish my third entry... The seven cartoon ghosts one. Was kinda replaced by "The window", I'll finish it later!
Here are my two finals and WIP:
For the "Colors" one:
The abandoned city itself is a "disapearing" ghost, wanted to practice my colors mixing/layout and keep it simple, I could have gone further to an underwater mood but this last one was kinda a suprise for me, it came from itself:

And for "The window" one:
Photos inspiration and speedpainting, can you see the rat, and the lost soul?

Comments and critics are still welcome.

Last edited by washka; 31-01-2010 at 05:49 PM..