>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 22-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #76
migroe

hi, everyone! great to see, that there are so many different concepts and ideas!
the last days i worked on the sketch for my general and corrupted and i'm pretty happy so far. though i might change the design of the general later - wanted to make some kind of a classic-horror-painting and so i made him look like nosferatu. but maybe this is too boring...

well, next step i'm going to block in the values/colors. hope i can show more in a few days
let me know what you think. thanks
Name:  DW-V-WIP-1.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  127.4 KB
migroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 11:12 AM   #77
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Nice one man, like the big pet (corrupted).
Hope we'll see more.

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #78
Roach_Wizard

Washka: I like number 2 and four (simply because of the chicken on it's head ), 9 also looks cool.

Migroe: The bat looks awesome, so does the general. Maybe you can give him some kind of weapon to make him look more intimidating.

Here's a full body sketch of my corrupted.
I think i'll also use this pose for the final image.
Roach_Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #79
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Have been counting vote, Booby is one of the top. I'll be working more on her, meanwhile:
"The walker"
Attached Images

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 06:23 AM   #80
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Just a quick reply, don't have time for all this time I'm afraid...

Washka - Great going on the walker! I really like the texture on this one

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 05:13 PM   #81
prosn

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Smile Prosn- DWV-The Basilisk

Hi all,
Here I present my concept…….”The Basilisk”.
The Basilisk which I have created is a composite character of all basilisks. It is a king of dragons, it is a king of snakes, and in one word it is the king of all monsters…………….”THE BASILISK
Very soon I’ll upload my next wip with some details …….. Attachment 170365
Attached Images

Facebook Page-
www.facebook.com/prosnarts
prosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 12:05 AM   #82
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
nice work porsn

well here is an update. i want to have the line art done this friday, so i can start coloring it saturday.
Attached Images

M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 02:39 AM   #83
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
I haven't finish the line art yet, but i thought i would do some color testing to night. this is some what, I am going for on the color style.
Attached Images

Old 25-11-2010, 02:50 AM   #84
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
still much to do.
Old 25-11-2010, 05:51 AM   #85
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Neat guys!

Oh m_cedestrom when you take it into PS why dont you go ahead and liquify the mouth or warp it to get it into alignment .

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 01:09 PM   #86
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
i'll try that.
Old 25-11-2010, 02:03 PM   #87
Krallis
D3

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Roach Wizard: The face of your guy sort of looks like Disturbed's indestructible album cover.

http://images.bluekaffee.com/avatars.../disturbed.jpg

Softimage User.

------------------------------------------------
Nadir-- FINISHED
[CENTER]
Krallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #88
Roach_Wizard

Haha, now that you mention it, it kind of does, yeah.
Roach_Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 07:04 PM   #89
prosn

Awards Showcase
Smile Prosn- DWV-The Basilisk

M_Cederstrom- thanks

Hi all,
Here I present the hero character with his weapons, also have his front pose.
Attached Images

Facebook Page-
www.facebook.com/prosnarts
prosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 12:32 AM   #90
bb0x
Artificial Soundwave

Send a message via MSN to bb0x
M_Cederstrom - You might want to check your proportions. The head looks way too big. Also.. it looks like one nipple is pointing up and the other down.. that might just be me tho.

Prosn - Awsome. Nice classic look, it reminds me of them old-skool cartoons like He-man and Thundercats.