>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 22-03-2011, 08:30 AM   #46
terry1337

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
first dominance war i am entering :P ^^
terry1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #47
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland 
Total Awards: 4
Question on the No Cartoon rule: Is it for both 3d and 2d? AND where is the line between Cartoon and Stylized? Sorry but this one is really ambiguous IMO. If they want everything photo-realistic, hyper-realistic or whatever then need to call out what style they want the comp to have.

Cartoon has a lot of variation too. There is the Funny Papers to Comic Book and more, ALL can be called Cartoon and all could be called Comic etc. So lets get a definition on what style of Cartoon they mean, because I would bet that a really good "superhero-esque comic book" styled entry wouldn't get any crits even though it is technically a cartoon. The examples given are 2D Funny Paper like Cartoons, I could assume then that that style is what they mean by "Cartoon" and that 3D funny paper cartoon is okay since it is only 2D.0 But Spiderman and Superman where in the funny papers too, so they are 2d "Cartoon," too... see where I am going.

Sorry to nitpick this one but style is very important.

Last edited by dhin; 22-03-2011 at 01:10 PM..
dhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #48
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
the example he used was southpark type cartoon.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #49
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Big Toe, I've got a question. I've already got a login on GA from DWIV.
and I've created my WIP thread here on threedy.

In the rules, they said no late entries, but how can organizers verificate that? Automation from this thread or...is there any other inscription I've to make on DW site or on GA before final submission?

Thanks btw.

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #50
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
the late entry is more for people who wait till like the last two weeks before they create a WIP thread. Then they post all their work in like 1 or 2 days, as if they did all the work over night.

People who do that will be DQ'ed and DP'ed.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 22-03-2011, 11:54 PM   #51
mix_mash

Hi Toe,

I just registered with Game Artisans so I can now post on the forums. But what are the actual steps for officially registering for the comp? I can't find the instructions. Or did I just register for the wrong thing?

Paul
(mix_mash)
mix_mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 01:13 AM   #52
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The thing is, The Main War Site, isn't fully active. So you can't link your wip thread to the site yet. But when it is active, I will let everyone know.

Then, I'll give everyone the steps for "joining".

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 30-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #53
Animill

oook I messed up with the title in the thread, tried to change it but won't show...what do I do?

http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=83053
Animill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #54
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
looks good to me.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 05-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #55
pappete1

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  
can i make just a highpoly or all the final work must be a lowpoly model?
pappete1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #56
Pockets
The Common Karl

The rules state that: "Up to 12,500 tris max for everything (everything = characters, laser beams, shield effects, glows, other special effects, magical weapon, gear, steed(s), pet(s), twin(s), multiple characters, summoned monsters, personal equipment, etc)."

So, you'll have to make a low poly model.
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #57
pappete1

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pockets View Post
The rules state that: "Up to 12,500 tris max for everything (everything = characters, laser beams, shield effects, glows, other special effects, magical weapon, gear, steed(s), pet(s), twin(s), multiple characters, summoned monsters, personal equipment, etc)."

So, you'll have to make a low poly model.
tnk^^
pappete1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #58
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
uumm i am thinking to make it my first dom war , what all should i know beside the rules?

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 02:50 PM   #59
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
all you need to know is:

1: You need to create a WIP thread here on this site

2: You need to be a member of GA, so you can enter and link your wip thread to the thumbnail page on GA

3: You want your character to be more than basic. Basic is boring and will be overlooked by the judges

4: You need to represent Threedy and how we hang, to the fullest.

5: Only create something you will have fun making.

6: Threedy For Life

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 18-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #60
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
thanks for the reply big toe sir,

1 more question according to what dhin sir pointed out , so is anime style art totally out of question iam asking this for 2d , as most mmorpgs have 3d anime, so are anime illustrations allowed or not?

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote