>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Atomhawk Challenge (Sponsored by Wacom)

Old 20-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
Kungfoowiz
Dreamer

ATOMHAWK - 2D - Tales of Dragonsea - Kungfoowiz

Hiya.. =)

New here.. hi guys & girlz.. =)

Not sure whether I'm capable of finishing this but thought to give it a shot in any case.. =)

I'm thinking a classic montage, style is something like Lord of the Rings, thinking of calling it Tales of Dragonsea... the theme is high fantasy/adventure.. =) Location is Dragonsea, fictional island like DnD Sword Coast and such.. period is like the world is fairly young, people are making their way in the world, but there are dark powers growing..

Atmosphere could be quite dark and gothic but also quite light and airy I guess.. =)

The story is about Atomhawk, the lady with the sword, she is young and naive, but has a good heart and may become a knight paladin to defend the land.. She has this necklace that protects her from evil, but it has been forged from evil itself, so that other evil is attracted to it, and wants it, because it will grant them great power although it can just as easily be used to quell great evil..

The middle guy, evil elf, wants this necklace, and he's gonna scour the land to find Atomhawk. His right hand man is twisted man, he paints his face with contortions and stuff and is commits terrible deeds.

Atom's friend, lower right guy, kinda watches out for her and stuff, maybe there are times when the her necklace cannot see certain evil and this guy will help her out for those times.

The fairy goddess at the top there, she doesn't appear to have any influence either way, but she probably appears in the movie to offer counsel to Atom maybe...

There's the evil elf's castle in the background there.. =)

That's all I got so far.. =) Hopefully can take things further.. will make more posts if I do.. Guud luck guys.. =)
Attached Images

Kungfoowiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
wasiq

Nice! I like it good luck buddy
wasiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
Kungfoowiz
Dreamer

Wasiq - Thank you for the ups =)

Okay, been a bit busy, nothing unusual =)

Started to work some colours into the sketch, none of them are certain, they were picked randomly =) Mmm, just having fun I guess =)

Have fun guys! =)
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #4
vnmribaya

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges no. 75 ''Deep Sea Creature'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Lost Jungle Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' 
Total Awards: 8
nice colors man, and the font u use really goes well with the plot, waiting to see more defined shapes, and obviusly more curves in that chick. i think that maybe the big evil elf in the back, will be better if it is full frontal facing the viewer, very simmetrical, or maybe lookking down, giving it power or setting it appart i dont know, keep it up man!
vnmribaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #5
Kungfoowiz
Dreamer

Vnmribaya - Ah awesome bro, thank you for the ups =) Took you up on the evil elf and made him peer down at Atom, I kinda like it better for that now so thank you for that =)

Done a bit more on the painting, although not that much, hahaha.. I'm a lazy bum.. but having fun =)

Have a guud-1 guys =)
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #6
Kungfoowiz
Dreamer

Hey guys and girlz =)

Okay guys, the deadline is looming.. (at least for me cuzzz I'm sooo slowwww) =) Here is my latest piece.. I kind of need to start thinking about how to finish this.. one of the most difficult parts for me.. Lullz =) Have a guud-1 =)
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2011, 05:12 PM   #7
dalton_muniz

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges no. 74 ''Fight Scene'' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 2
Hi man! Waiting for the updates! Keep it up!
dalton_muniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2011, 12:04 AM   #8
Kungfoowiz
Dreamer

Cheers Dalton! =)

Fun fun fun! =) Have a guud-1 guys! =)
Attached Images

Old 18-04-2011, 04:43 AM   #9
Kungfoowiz
Dreamer

Hey Guys and Girlz =)

Last post.. =) thank you very much to Atomhawk, 3D Total and everyone who took part..

Here's my piece, learnt a lot from this, so thank you guys =) Good luck to everyone! =)

Download PSD