>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > BlizzardFest Challenge

Old 24-08-2014, 11:59 PM   #46
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Send a message via MSN to tsabszy
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 2
thx for everyone for commenting! i mean really!!

little update... since Jolly Joker is my mascot i really wanted to spend some time on the gun thingy. i was trying to bring it a more sci-fi look than it had on the concept.

i haven't modeled any high poly for years so it was going really slow plus i've had a fight with zbrush, for making the ornaments on the side of the gun and zbrush won the battle (basically i tried two method to model the ornaments and they both turned out sh*t). i'm moving on to the armor modelling, coz i'm running out of time, and the ornates will be engraved (i don't need high poly for that, only fake normal)

not a big update, but i hope you enjoy it regardless

tsabszy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 11:04 AM   #47
lovingsaskia

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 1
Seriously beautiful modelling
lovingsaskia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 10:09 PM   #48
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
thank you for your comment lovingsaskia!

well... working after a dayjob is slower than how i expected but a little update:
i decided to model the engraving and the wooden ornates on the grip anyways, coz i came to the conclusion if i wanna do it right, even if i wanna make a fake normal, i'm gonna need a decent height map for it, so if i have that, i can also model it in zbrush = almost the same amount of work.
so now jolly got the love it deserves

``````

Last edited by tsabszy; 30-08-2014 at 05:58 PM..
Old 27-08-2014, 09:09 PM   #49
fantasymaster

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Nice peace of armory!

How is the armor doing?
fantasymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #50
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Awards Showcase
funny or not, but the case is i only started on it today...
i know, i know, but i lost 7+ days totally on family business. i hope i will be able to keep up with everyone, coz i'm really enjoying this contest

Last edited by tsabszy; 29-08-2014 at 07:54 AM..
Old 29-08-2014, 07:38 AM   #51
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
That's a sweet lookin' gun. Very nicely done.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:30 PM   #52
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Awards Showcase
Warlock 279 - thanks

after a lot of drawbacks, i started on the model a few days ago. it's not really worth to show but i wanted to show that i'm still in the game

like most of the others i'm playing around in keyshot too:

hopefully a more worthy update is coming later this week
Old 02-09-2014, 02:30 PM   #53
GustavoTorqueto

Great Attention on details! I'm Enjoying very much your work! =)
GustavoTorqueto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:34 PM   #54
Zuka

Nice man! Never touched keyshot but its seems really cool, you have some great modeling skills

Btw I really enjoyed your timelapse video nice choice of soundtrack!
Zuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:52 PM   #55
SilverG

I love to have participated but I learned later. Their work looks great.
SilverG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:47 PM   #56
pavolsvk

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: second place in the Stylised Challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Hey!!..Really cool...Keeping an eye on this one buddy
and the viedo is nice..enjoyed watching it!! will some more come later?
pavolsvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:57 PM   #57
fantasymaster

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
I love keyshot. The new one have a HRDI editor. You can do great studio light setups.

Keep it up mate!
Old 07-09-2014, 11:32 PM   #58
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Awards Showcase
GustavoTorqueto thank you! nice to hear it
Zuka thank you! i'm glad you enjoyed the vid, the soundtrack is Starcraft 1 original soundtrack one of the greatest and most moody ost of games for sure!
SilverG there are hundereds of challanges out there you won't miss a thing
pavolsvk thank you for your compliment! i'm affraid not too much video is coming if any.. coz i'm running late and slow enough already and capturing videos, cutting them and uploading them is too much distraction
fantasymaster i'm using some very old version of it.. i enjoy using it, though i'll be creating a game resolution model, not only high poly so i might not bother Keyshot any more...

some update on the helmet. i needed to run over it again. after looking at other's work i figured it was terribly undetailed. kinda hard to keep balance between well enough details and a nice flowing desing. i'm running slowly but hopefully at least it will turn out ok.

shots from 3ds max viewport:
(the ones with shadow are thx to Nitrous viewport shading, others are normal shaded shots)

Old 08-09-2014, 08:46 AM   #59
fantasymaster

Awards Showcase
Nice!

I like the oversized visor, and a awesome animation too!

Can't wait to see more.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #60
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
Looking good buddy!

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, female, hard surface, scifi, zbrush