>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Final Entries, Voting & Winners

Closed Thread

Old 22-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
The Coming Of The Ice - SMC M#04 - Solar Ice Drilling Machine

The Speed Modelling Monthly Challenge #04 - Solar Ice Drilling Machine

As the thread title suggests, your final submissions go here. Please keep this thread nice and clean - no chit chat please

Please post with a link to you W.I.P thread, clay renders of as many views as you wish, wireframes and any beauty renders (if created).

Remember this challenge is judged solely on modelling only not texturing so only post beauty renders if you wish to help illustrate your model

You must use the file attachment function (go to Go Advanced > Manage Attachments) when displaying your image(s) in this thread to qualify, otherwise your entry may be disqualified by a Threedy moderator - you've been warned!

DUE DATE: February 28th, 11:59 pm GMT
Twitter
Old 22-02-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
sarN

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #96 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place is SMC #36 
Total Awards: 9
Here is my entry, the Flynapple:

Thread: http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=74124

Clay, Wire, Beauty
Attached Images

Old 25-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #3
Razeem
Infected

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com 
Total Awards: 2
Here is my entry!
Clay and wires!
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=73704
Attached Images

Old 25-02-2010, 06:42 PM   #4
bgen
- Modonaut

Send a message via MSN to bgen
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 7
here is my DrillMachine.

made with Modo - time spent - 233min

the thread - http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=7357
Attached Images

Last edited by bgen; 28-02-2010 at 12:22 PM..
Old 25-02-2010, 07:04 PM   #5
pables
Modoler!

Send a message via MSN to pables
Awards Showcase
Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.057 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge #24  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge ''Walk this way'' 
Total Awards: 12
Pables entry

Pablo Pintado (aka) Pables

Modelled in Modo 228 minutes

Thread: pables wip thread

Included: wire frames, clay and beauty (I thought it was still mandatory)
Attached Images

Old 25-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #6
alfonzoaqui

Solar Concentrator Drill

Here is my entry. Time: 3 hours, 58 minutes.

Solar Concentrator

Done in Blender 3D v2.49b on Fedora Core 10 86x64. Dual Core AMD 64 (4400) with 2 gig ram. Time for beauty render with AO and raytrace = 22 min. Polygons = 1,639,090.
Attached Images

Old 26-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #7
xeni

Send a message via MSN to xeni
this is my entry
''SMC M#04- Xeni- Mini Solar Drilling Machine''

http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=73618

the firts 2 images is wireframe.

and the 3 images is the rendering .

239 min. using 'cinema 4d'

good luck to all of you.
shkezen kernaja
Attached Images

Old 27-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #8
Dann-O

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
OK got sidetracked and did not texture the beast. Still a fun model with a big lens and drill and boiler. Time spent 180 minutes. Software Wings 3d, Bryce, Photoshop.
Attached Images

Last edited by Dann-O; 28-02-2010 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: tiem not on entry
Old 27-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #9
QUAN

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge 
This is my entry.
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  59.5 KB
Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1041
Size:  48.5 KB
Name:  5.jpg
Views: 1027
Size:  49.0 KB
Name:  wireframe.jpg
Views: 1063
Size:  143.4 KB
Old 28-02-2010, 03:21 AM   #10
behemoth

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Coming of Ice - Speed Modeling: Finals

Here is my entry
Model Name: Tundra Sentinel
Total Time Spent: 240 mins
Software Used: Maya, Photoshop

Link to WIP: http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=74198

Last edited by behemoth; 28-02-2010 at 03:48 AM..
Old 28-02-2010, 08:53 AM   #11
happymat27

hapymat27 SMC#04 final entry

Here's my final entry for the speed modelling contest.
Title: SID
Software Used: Maya
Time Taken: 237 minutes.
Attached Images

Old 28-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #12
TNTxGRAVE

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
RSD-X-On3 is finally complete. I must admit that this has been a lot of fun to model. The competition was tough and you all had some GREAT ideas. Good luck to all the entries.

Software Used: 3Ds Max 2010, BodyPaint3D, and Photoshop CS3

Modeling Time: 239minutes

WIP Thread: http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=73476
Attached Images

Whats the next Number?

My Website
My ART Blog
Old 28-02-2010, 04:40 PM   #13
Tiberiy

Tiberiy. Fresnel.

Alexander "Tiberiy" Dorohin
Fresnel. 240 min. 3ds max 2009.
W.I.P thread: http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=73530
Attached Images

Old 28-02-2010, 06:08 PM   #14
diegosword

Xplorer D

WIP THREAD

Modeled in 3d max.
Attached Images

Old 28-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #15
hammer88
3D Artisan

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Here's my entry: 19SPSD (1900 Solar Powered Steam Drill)
Software: 3d Max 7.
Time: 239min
WIP thread:http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=73626
Attached Images

"the pursuit of perfection"
Me on Twitter HERE
Big Boy steam engine WIP
Closed Thread