>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Atomhawk Challenge (Sponsored by Wacom)

Old 17-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #61
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Pfff guys, LAAAAAAAAAME, they're all here missing da DWV start for this one, that's not a good synchro really...

And I don't understand the brief, except that it's a poster thing and there is something about a movie? Is it the same as the movie mashup challenge one???
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 10:07 AM   #62
wasiq

Atom hawk challenge querry!!

Hey everyone I am so new to this and would love to go for this super cool challenge of ATOMHAWK! i have one question though... if you are making things in 3d can you use like preset meshes to model your own out of and stuff?? Thanks
wasiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 11:38 AM   #63
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by washka View Post
Pfff guys, LAAAAAAAAAME, they're all here missing da DWV start for this one, that's not a good synchro really...

And I don't understand the brief, except that it's a poster thing and there is something about a movie? Is it the same as the movie mashup challenge one???
Just read things properly before you start whinging, my comments after the brief explain the synchro. and you don't have to be a genious to work out the brief...and yes you caught me in a bad mood!...thanks for the outlet!
Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #64
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
I think its an awesome comp Tom, I will try and finish this one too along with DW
Old 19-03-2011, 03:42 AM   #65
LemonW

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Lost Jungle - Low Poly (Game Art) - 2nd place - Indiana Jones: LemonW 
Total Awards: 2
I am not clear if we need to put atomhawk in the poster in any form? Changing it to a charactor? Putting it as a logo? Need we do something like these?
LemonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #66
wasiq

im still waiting for my question to be answered but LemonW yes according to the instructions in the brief yes
wasiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #67
Lala Fuchs

Send a message via MSN to Lala Fuchs
Totally new to the forum, first comp to ever participate in!!! Hope to make it in time............

Basic, probally very stupid question, what does this mean: Pre-made photo clip art is not allowed?
Lala Fuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #68
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala Fuchs View Post
Totally new to the forum, first comp to ever participate in!!! Hope to make it in time............

Basic, probally very stupid question, what does this mean: Pre-made photo clip art is not allowed?
pre-made, anything made before the comp, can not be used in the comp.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #69
cod-x
hungarian CG warrior

I just want to say thank you to 3dtotal,atomhawk and wacom to giving this comp to the artists,including myself to show my art.I hope we will see wonderful images with many different styles in both categories.
cod-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #70
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Quote:
Just read things properly before you start whinging, my comments after the brief explain the synchro. and you don't have to be a genious to work out the brief...and yes you caught me in a bad mood!...thanks for the outlet!
I'm sorry Tom, I give you my apology. I was mostfully making a finding about the general state of things, and whining because sometimes I got bad manners and because I'm just sad to see on this side a lot of good workpower while on the other side it seems to be the last war... But hey, everybody has to make personal decisions.
I do not blame anyone or any modos for that.
You're not responsible for the synchro, & thanks for the comp'!

Maybe I'll participate to this one too, I'm not 100% sure yet.
I really had difficulties to understand the brief, I've understood that it's about Atomhawk into a movie. I know Atomhawk is a CG studio.
My questions are, how can I represent that into a movie?
Should I invent some kind of movie (representation) or refer to an existing one?

Last edited by washka; 20-03-2011 at 08:44 PM..
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 09:05 AM   #71
baylo-3dt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasiq View Post
Hey everyone I am so new to this and would love to go for this super cool challenge of ATOMHAWK! i have one question though... if you are making things in 3d can you use like preset meshes to model your own out of and stuff?? Thanks
Hiya - It's ok to use these as long as you've put the work in and made enough adjustments to make it your own.
baylo-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 09:06 AM   #72
baylo-3dt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfxmarais View Post
Quick question: How many entries are we allowed to enter?
You'll only be jduged on one entry per category, so probably best to stick to one and make it your best.
Old 23-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #73
MemoNick

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Is there someting else, apart from the title, which has to be included in the poster?
MemoNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #74
baylo-3dt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoNick View Post
Is there someting else, apart from the title, which has to be included in the poster?
Hiya - Check out the brief at the start of this thread for full details, there's nothing specific to include but it gives you some ideas to think about as well as the specs.

Cheers
Greatbaylo-3dt! Thank you:
MemoNick (23-03-2011)
Old 23-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #75
MemoNick

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Thanks man!
MemoNick is offline   Reply With Quote