>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Atomhawk Challenge (Sponsored by Wacom)

Old 20-04-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Total Awards: 5
First round judging completed!

Hi All,

Rather than words I thought we would show you in pictures, 3DTotal staff selected their top 10 from each category (2d & 3d) to forward onto the Atomhawk team to choose the final winners next week.

Please see the last 2 photos to see the finalists, we made our selections on quality or artwork, concepts and successful presentation of a film poster which included things like typography and conveyance of message.

Many thanks to all who entered, it's been a great challenge with a very high standard of entries. Stay tuned to this thread for the final announcements!

ps - We have moved into new offices last month too, very good spaces for judging as you can see!
Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
rocneasta-3DT

Send a message via ICQ to rocneasta-3DT Send a message via MSN to rocneasta-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to rocneasta-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #89 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge sms #40 Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge SMC #73 -  
Total Awards: 33
congrats to the runners ups so far...
rocneasta-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
Some truelly outstanding work there, i'm positive this wasn't an easy competition for you to judge.

Sweet office space, looks really nice there. Great to see the team all together
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatClassicGamer-3DT! Thank you:
Tom-3DT (21-04-2011)
Old 20-04-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
Doggy
Plain Lazy

Some very impressive pieces there!! \m/
Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #5
BradMan

Agreed, looks like a very cool bunch(team). Congratulations to the runner-ups, truly deserving pieces.
BradMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #6
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Great entries there!
Nice way to showcase the judging as well

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 05:02 PM   #7
grapix

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 2
Good luck to all top 10 artists in both category.
grapix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #8
eydi
Freelancer Illustrator

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts 
Total Awards: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
Some very impressive pieces there!! \m/
Really I just say wooow really very impressive artwork....
Old 20-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #9
tongeert

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Congratulations to the chosen ones! Too bad that I'm not one of them.
tongeert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 01:05 AM   #10
ipranawake
Compositor, Sri Lanaka.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Congratz guys .... and truly good luck in the next phase of judging !!!!!

.... looking at the artworks here I think its obvious that there is no way that i could be in the top three pool when the Atomhawk guys comes in ... Heh heh !!! ..... So im expressing myself here .....

First thanks Tom-3DT for being so helpful in the discussion thread throughout the challenge ....

and that was my first digital painting that I have actually completed and finished ...... So its a huge privilege that it was judged by a leading CGForum in the industry ..... and actually made it to the top 10 .... So big thanks and a hug to everybody at 3D Total .... I think I should continue learning with your E-Books .... I would be able to get my hands on the "Futuristic Soldiers" by next week ... YEAH !!!!

Last edited by ipranawake; 21-04-2011 at 02:13 AM..
ipranawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Great ipranawake! For Thanks for2:
Tom-3DT (21-04-2011), Warin-3DT (21-04-2011)
Old 21-04-2011, 06:23 AM   #11
prosn

Awards Showcase
congratulation and good luck to all top 10 first round runner ups in both category

Facebook Page-
www.facebook.com/prosnarts
prosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #12
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tongeert View Post
Congratulations to the chosen ones! Too bad that I'm not one of them.
It was a very tough choice, sorry to you and others who didn't make it too, please keep trying.

All the best

Tom
Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 10:05 AM   #13
Fri94

Wow, this is awesome!

I just want to say how much I have enjoyed this comp. It has made me push myself to improve and at the end of the day, thats what its all about.

Ipranawake, dude your in the top 10 you never know what the judges are looking for so just wait and see. But the way I see it the fact that this comp has motivated you to finnish your first painting, and that painting got through to the finals when the standard was so high, That's an awesome prize in its self. So congrats

For me its the first time I have entered a comp and the first time I have done a fantasy landscape. I just think its great that the comp pushed me to try something new, and I really enjoyed doing it. Already started another one!

But yeah, well done to everyone who entered and good luck to everyone left in, looking at the top 10 entries, Im glad im not a judge!

Last edited by Fri94; 21-04-2011 at 05:23 PM..
Fri94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Great Fri94! For Thanks for2:
ipranawake (22-04-2011), Tom-3DT (21-04-2011)
Old 21-04-2011, 11:22 AM   #14
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Send a message via MSN to DaddyDoom
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 
Total Awards: 11
Awesome pieces.
Good luck for the contenders
Old 21-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #15
chrisskinner

Awards Showcase
They look great printed out!

Nice office as well.