>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home
 


Go Back   3DTotal Forums > CG News > Latest 3DTotal and other CG site's news

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #31
MStandar
Addicted to 3D
 
MStandar's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,826
Thanks: 77
Thanked 130 Times in 123 Posts
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 1st Place In PMC #29 Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place PMC #30 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 11
Yep, i agree with bb0x on that one, like you see on concepart.org, the people they have catched, is usually pretty good, and have jobs in the industry. and well good for them, but they should tought about the consequences before they start pirating stuff.

Last edited by MStandar; 13-01-2011 at 09:32 PM..
MStandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #32
hulahuga
Dr. Hula
 
hulahuga's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 4,639
Thanks: 144
Thanked 137 Times in 131 Posts
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
I totally agree that the pirating of "small" sites like this should stop, that's not cool at all. But I do not think that pirating in general won't stop until other means are found... Like spotify; the record labels thought that Spotify would lower their profit, but in the end the new revenue succeeded their previous one.


Btw regarding the wall of shame, is it really legal to show personal photos, records and characteristics without the person's consent? Just thought of this as it wouldn't be good if a case would taken to court that it then appears threedy has done wrong as well
__________________
What does the doctor ordain today?
- Hmm... What about a shot... full of ideas!

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 11:12 AM   #33
rocneasta-3DT
Moderator
 
rocneasta-3DT's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 25m2 flat
Posts: 6,180
Thanks: 128
Thanked 517 Times in 461 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to rocneasta-3DT Send a message via MSN to rocneasta-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to rocneasta-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #89 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge sms #40 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 33
we could always organize a boxing match and see if we can beat some sense into 'em
rocneasta-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #34
DeadlyFreeze
Not a zombie.
 
DeadlyFreeze's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: P-town
Posts: 1,533
Thanks: 7
Thanked 32 Times in 20 Posts
Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For throwing one hell of a good suggestion out there. You suggested the sculpting challenge, and we ran with it. The community loves it. Nice one! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: your testicles Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''Death Match'' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Low POly Comp #22 Washed Up super Hero 
Total Awards: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahuga View Post

Btw regarding the wall of shame, is it really legal to show personal photos, records and characteristics without the person's consent? Just thought of this as it wouldn't be good if a case would taken to court that it then appears threedy has done wrong as well
Assuming the person owns the copyright on the photo, they would have to take it down on DMCA request (irony lol), and quiet possibly be liable for slander assuming anyone ever took it that far.
__________________
DWV Work Thread... so many balls.

The mysterious guy behind you...
DeadlyFreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 01:37 PM   #35
hulahuga
Dr. Hula
 
hulahuga's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 4,639
Thanks: 144
Thanked 137 Times in 131 Posts
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyFreeze View Post
Assuming the person owns the copyright on the photo, they would have to take it down on DMCA request (irony lol), and quite possibly be liable for slander assuming anyone ever took it that far.
Exactly!
__________________
What does the doctor ordain today?
- Hmm... What about a shot... full of ideas!

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #36
thee
Registered User
 
thee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 232
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Hi Tom/3dtotal I don't know what protection you guys used but I don't think you'll be able to stop piracy of your products. Chrispy4004 I hope piracy won't stop you from doing anymore tutorials I will buy them all.
thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #37
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator
 
Freespace-3DT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 13,908
Thanks: 43
Thanked 205 Times in 178 Posts
Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
We do realize stopping it entirely might be utopic, but a major decrease is certain.
__________________
Cinematics:

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)






Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #38
JHarford
Director@Airship
 
JHarford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Lytham, England
Posts: 2,299
Thanks: 1
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Send a message via MSN to JHarford
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Rick whipslash bane was on the top row of the forums The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Female thread up on plug bar The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Whipslash bane featured on top row The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Posting a video in the Sculpting thread The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My skateboard model was featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 11
Thought I'd pop in and say I support this completely. What CA is doing is great, and the effect of real consequences is the best deterrent. We are not talking about prison time or fines, we are talking about peoples careers and prospects. I know as an employer I will be keeping close watch on these threads and making note of the people involved when hiring comes around. I've seen my tutorials, Ebooks and 3d models on torrent sites and I'm happy someone is organising at least a step toward justice. This something for nothing as a fundamental right culture needs to come to an end. What a great day
JHarford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 11:48 PM   #39
hawk12ht
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, sry to read this all but still people will do torrent thing, so just sharing my thoughts. Why not try authentication system for ebooks, I recently bought mental ray light setup book from 3dt shop and it has external links to download files, so why not insert some sort of verifier that let only valid users download files.
Also im very not pleased to see ebooks that i paid for on torrent sites!!!
hawk12ht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 01:11 AM   #40
keescopyright
Ba 3d Computer Animation
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Holland!
Posts: 127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
3dtotal struggling or not, you are doing it wrong. I will be the ONLY one (so far) taking a stand for free information. This whole internet thing is being killed by sad people protecting there tiny little investment; like some dvd sales. You don't seem to realize what incredible damage you are doing to this magnificent invention, because all you care about is the money. There are ways of income; commercials and information trade are easier than ever before. Adobe is gathering a monopoly and you are adapting its evil tactics. I am not with this last hopeless and sad effort you are putting out there. I can not believe the hypocracy in all of you: as if you haven't downloaded mp3s, movies, software, libraries and fonts, as if you were the ones casting the first stone... If you could download money you would. I will call all of you liars.

The point is this: these pirates you speak of are the people making the internet. no one is innocent. Best you found a way to profit from this immense database of a particular target-group you have built. Even Microsoft does not target individuals pirating their OS because they know that individuals need to create affinity with your software so that THAT will be the software they use in their companies. and the same thing goes for stock-textures.

Make sure you profit by putting your OWN torrents out there; for instance with a plea in there, a file that, when opened visits all of your benefactors websites so that they can pay you for the hits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocneasta View Post
we could always organize a boxing match and see if we can beat some sense into 'em
and rocneasta: "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED" -I live in Holland anywhere in Holland will be fine for a glorified sparring match... i will beat some sense into you and after that ill beat you at a chess game. you simple being.

I wonder if I will be removed here...
__________________
"The people you are after are the people you depend on!"
keescopyright is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatkeescopyright! Thank you:
chris_mobley (29-01-2011)
Old 17-01-2011, 02:02 AM   #41
Sathe
Hardstyle
 
Sathe's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,884
Thanks: 99
Thanked 46 Times in 40 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Sathe
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #3 - Joint 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 6
Looks like I'll be the brutally honest one here as per usual... when I was starting out I think I did illegally use some 3dtotal stuff as I'm sure many of you giving your "support" in this thread have too. of course as soon as I got a job that type of **** ended and I've been trying to give back to them in my own way since but the simple fact is, if you are a dirty naive child ******* like I was don't just drop a "oh i hope it gets better". do something ****en about it....

Report all rapidshare links A.S.A.P
__________________
______________________________

Hard Surface Essentials http://vimeo.com/10941211

Threedy 4 life
Sathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 05:17 AM   #42
MStandar
Addicted to 3D
 
MStandar's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,826
Thanks: 77
Thanked 130 Times in 123 Posts
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 1st Place In PMC #29 Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place PMC #30 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 11
I know what you saying sathe. And i can recognise myself abit in that. Sure i have used pirated software, but nowadays you can, get things that is almost as good, as the real deal. For example blender or sculpttris. But i have always believed that, the majority of people think that its okay to download if its from a big name, say like Autodesk or Adobe. Like it wouldnt hurt someone. But again nowadays i have realised that there is solutions other than pirating. Like student versions and the awesome free softwares that is out.

Just think about it. Is it worth it? And what would you say if it was your stuff being pirated. And actually one of the tutorials that have helped me the most, was a free one. And that was. Your modeling techniques videos you poster years back. so thanks sathe
MStandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 05:26 AM   #43
DeadlyFreeze
Not a zombie.
 
DeadlyFreeze's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: P-town
Posts: 1,533
Thanks: 7
Thanked 32 Times in 20 Posts
Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For throwing one hell of a good suggestion out there. You suggested the sculpting challenge, and we ran with it. The community loves it. Nice one! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: your testicles Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''Death Match'' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Low POly Comp #22 Washed Up super Hero 
Total Awards: 10
....and the **** just hit the fan.
__________________
DWV Work Thread... so many balls.

The mysterious guy behind you...
DeadlyFreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 10:09 AM   #44
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'
 
Tom-3DT's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Worcester, UK
Posts: 3,070
Thanks: 274
Thanked 62 Times in 36 Posts
Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by keescopyright View Post
3dtotal struggling or not, you are doing it wrong. I will be the ONLY one (so far) taking a stand for free information. This whole internet thing is being killed by sad people protecting there tiny little investment; like some dvd sales. You don't seem to realize what incredible damage you are doing to this magnificent invention, because all you care about is the money. There are ways of income; commercials and information trade are easier than ever before. Adobe is gathering a monopoly and you are adapting its evil tactics. I am not with this last hopeless and sad effort you are putting out there. I can not believe the hypocracy in all of you: as if you haven't downloaded mp3s, movies, software, libraries and fonts, as if you were the ones casting the first stone... If you could download money you would. I will call all of you liars.

The point is this: these pirates you speak of are the people making the internet. no one is innocent. Best you found a way to profit from this immense database of a particular target-group you have built. Even Microsoft does not target individuals pirating their OS because they know that individuals need to create affinity with your software so that THAT will be the software they use in their companies. and the same thing goes for stock-textures.

Make sure you profit by putting your OWN torrents out there; for instance with a plea in there, a file that, when opened visits all of your benefactors websites so that they can pay you for the hits.



and rocneasta: "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED" -I live in Holland anywhere in Holland will be fine for a glorified sparring match... i will beat some sense into you and after that ill beat you at a chess game. you simple being.

I wonder if I will be removed here...
A good post for the most part with a lot of interesting points (apart from the fighting bit at the end) and if you could just tone it down a bit about generally trying to call others loosers then you have the start of a good debate.

We do rely on the internet and all visitors to the site to help boost revenues with regards to banner ads, and I agree that people who pirate software are a percentage of these visitors, but if you took these out of the equation and also took the piracy of our products out of the equasion then we would be a lot more successful. We also put 90-95% of all of our profits back into the business whether it be free tutorials or commercial training, so in the end the majority of users would be a lot better off. Take the free reference/texture library we now host, we have spent over $5000 on this so far and we have big plans for it, and guess where the majority of that $5000 came from, yep all the people who purchased our emags and ebooks.

Your right, the internet is an incredible invention and the free information is amazing, that is why around 80% of our content is available for free even video tutorials and over 3,000 pages over free 'written' tutorials, when people pirate the remaining 20% which is the commercial side that pays for the other free 80% it doesn't really seem right does it? and Even though you make some good points I don't think they really stand up in the 3DTotal business model I have explained above.

Happy to carry on this discussion with you or anyone, it's rare we ban people here just generally try to calm things down a bit, thanks everyone else for your comments of support too, please avoid any abuse to stop this thread flaming up and it should turn out to be a good one.

cheers

Tom
__________________
Forum Features
Start your own portfolio here
Request your awards here
Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #45
rocneasta-3DT
Moderator
 
rocneasta-3DT's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 25m2 flat
Posts: 6,180
Thanks: 128
Thanked 517 Times in 461 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to rocneasta-3DT Send a message via MSN to rocneasta-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to rocneasta-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #89 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge sms #40 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by keescopyright View Post
and rocneasta: "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED" -I live in Holland anywhere in Holland will be fine for a glorified sparring match... i will beat some sense into you and after that ill beat you at a chess game. you simple being.

I wonder if I will be removed here...
I wonder if you red about sarcasm in a dictionary... i won't comment your opinion since you obviously know my physical and mental strength. Too bad you're not my friend since you so obviously know me.

again note the use of sarcasm
rocneasta-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
all images displayed on this site are copyright the original artists and may not be reproduced, copied or published elsewhere without their express permission