>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > AVATAR

Old 30-12-2008, 12:13 PM   #1
wargrafix
The alpha and the omega

AVATAR - 2d - wargrafix - The Warrior

"Death and Life are forces few understand more than The Warrior. Returning home after years of ****** ( wait, b-l-o-o-d-y is a censored word?)conflict is a jarring experience especially when he bears little resemblance to his former self. Can love survive such sad times?"

Originally I had wanted to create a powerful warlike environment, but depending on my mood, and story I've chosen, I think I have the liberty to go either route:
1) Returning to fight off an enemy army which has desecrated a once beautiful place.
or
2) A warrior returns home to a beautiful home and lover.....but can a stark difference in appearance and implication of what has been done in the past undo true love and happiness?

The avatar is designed to look and rough and brutal, but the framing I hope will keep him grounded in some gentler past. The environment is supposed to be lush and fantasy like. Still haven't decided on the situation it will be involved. The lover has an look of eternal beauty to contrast with his appearance.

Here is an extremely early read to set up enemies , heroes and possible environment. Nothing is set in stone.

Our warrior. Early armor shots are purely to see how the technique will hold up. Don't want him too buff though.

Critiques and comments are welcome.
Good luck all!
________
Trichomes

Last edited by wargrafix; 04-05-2011 at 02:29 PM..
wargrafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #2
wargrafix
The alpha and the omega

Been busy at work but got a little time to do a nice little render of the environment. Have a pretty clear idea of the surroundings now. Will work on character concepts later tonight.

I wanted a very lush, and almost heavenly feel to the home he is leaving.

________
Head Shop

Last edited by wargrafix; 04-05-2011 at 02:29 PM..
wargrafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #3
FireSunFox

Interesting concept! Maybe the coming home idea would be better, just the contast you could make, with him and the setting. Highlighting the the change everything has had on him? Anyway good luck!!^^
FireSunFox is offline   Reply With Quote