>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Inorganic models/scenes'

Old 10-05-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
Steamtrooper

Send a message via MSN to Steamtrooper
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I did it despite my sloth like nature 
Total Awards: 2
Steampunk WIP thread - Tactical Combat Pistol

Update:Name:  SBrig_TCP-006.jpg
Views: 1274
Size:  37.0 KB

Hi - been working on a steampunk theme for a digital avatar project including game version for Unreal amongst other things.

Ill post other Steamtrooper Wips up as I go along but Ill start with his Flare/Grenade/Shotgun Pistol - this is his left hand secondary weapon.

Heavy, impractical and thoroughly nasty when firing or being hit. A double barrelled huge gauge shotgun pistol with options for attaching a Bayonet/Multitool attachment as a foregrip and a 6 shot autoloader.

(Those lucky enough to have played the GOW3 beta might see a similarity between this, the new shotgun and the Walther SDL )

Firstly lets get the basic pistol laid out...

Last edited by Steamtrooper; 11-05-2011 at 02:32 PM..
Steamtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:58 PM   #2
Steamtrooper

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I did it despite my sloth like nature 
With the important shapes roughed in its time to elaborate a little -

C and C welcome
Old 11-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
Steamtrooper

Awards Showcase
Time to get a little more serious and start to block out the secondary details - hammers and mechanisms mostly -

C and C welcome
Old 11-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
lebaje
Student in 3D

Send a message via MSN to lebaje
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
not bad, maybe add some detail would add a realistic affect
lebaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
Steamtrooper

Awards Showcase
Put the safety in position and rounded out the form a little here and there now Im more set on certain shapes, also added in the lanyard attachment point and bolt through hammer coupling -

C and C welcome
Old 11-05-2011, 08:05 PM   #6
Steamtrooper

Awards Showcase
Smoothed, moved and shaped various areas, added in roughed out Enginners Multitool which acts here as a foregrip for the 6 shot mode - yet to be shown (or made )

C and C welcome
Old 12-05-2011, 03:29 PM   #7
Steamtrooper

Awards Showcase
A quick aside to intoruduce the guy who will be weilding this weapon - the 'SteamBrigadier' - a stout fellow with combat and engineering skills and an exploratory/expansionist nature -

Back to the Pistol for a while now

C and C welcome

Last edited by Steamtrooper; 12-05-2011 at 10:51 PM..
Old 12-05-2011, 10:37 PM   #8
damageINC

Send a message via MSN to damageINC
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Pistol looks cool....be careful about tightening up the chamfers of the hexagonal barrel too much. The guy's proportions (especially of the legs and feet) are off. I'd say the overall length of the upper and lower legs is too long and the feet are way too small in width and length.
damageINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #9
Steamtrooper

Awards Showcase
Thanks - yeah on applying a tiny chamfer I found a little drift - but Ill clean things up before ZB and LP proper. Im happy on proportions, hes just the way the goodlord made him

Little update roughing in the basic uniform -

The thighs might look pumped up here but itll become clearer whats going on next shot I think.

C and C welcome
Old 13-05-2011, 04:24 PM   #10
Steamtrooper

Awards Showcase
One more quick update of the Steam Brigadier then back to the Pistol nd accesories for a while -

C and C welcome
Old 15-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #11
Steamtrooper

Awards Showcase
Bacl to the pistol - Tightened some of the Pistol forms up and added in some secondary details - just need to make another quick check of geo then into ZB for fine detailing -

C and C welcome
Old 18-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #12
Steamtrooper

Awards Showcase
Im considering a Duster type coat over the main tunic - Id also like to go into very high detail on his accessories and dont want to have too many more projects on the go till Ive finalised the Bayonet/Multitool and Pistol.

Heres a litte update on the main character - mostly his boots and trousers being worked on - also added in the rough pistol to get scale and got it wrong tbh - its about 130% of the size I intended so a little bit of scaling will occur later.

Going to start adding in the real stowage on the legs and get rid of those rough blocks jutting out - the idea here was to create a jodpurs type sil but it needs a lot of work.

The actual figure seen here is a medium poly version of the real sculpt just to act as a clothes horse.

C and C welcome
Old 18-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #13
meowmeow
kittens go mew mew mew

you got some great stuff going on in this thread. loving your designs. the only thing i would say is the gun looks too big for your character, hes gonna have a hard time pulling that trigger
Old 18-05-2011, 08:37 PM   #14
Steamtrooper

Awards Showcase
Thanks meowmeow - got to admit I was rushed and careless when I scaled it in ZB and realise its about 130% of intended size - Ill get that sorted soon - still busy getting boots modeled atm.

- update - a little paintover showing intended direction -

C and C welcome
Old 18-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #15
Steamtrooper

Awards Showcase
Oh yes the boots - sorry - Im intentionally modeling two sets of gaiters just to make life hard and modeling more fun - update -

C and C welcome

Tags
steampunk shotgun pistol