>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Myths and Legends - Nov 2009 > Sculpting - "Creature of Legend"

Old 08-11-2009, 11:30 PM   #61
Teyon
Incredi-Boy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
More work. It's moving along pretty fast. Hasn't even been an hour of sculpting yet.
Attached Images

Teyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:35 PM   #62
Sethos21

Send a message via Yahoo to Sethos21
Let The Sculpting Begin

The last sculpt challenge I participated in was way back with the real life cartoon challenge. But this one is going to make me brush off the wacom and dive right in. I'm thinking about tackling Ganesha, the four armed elephant....

Ganesha is Vighneshvara or Vighnaraja, the Lord of Obstacles, both of a material and spiritual order. He is popularly worshipped as a remover of obstacles, though traditionally he also places obstacles in the path of those who need to be checked. Paul Courtright says that "his task in the divine scheme of things, his dharma, is to place and remove obstacles. It is his particular territory, the reason for his creation."
Sethos21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:41 PM   #63
polysmooth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My current DWIV entry was linked to the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime Style'' 
Total Awards: 6
Talking Dark Imp

Been A while since I was on the forums...I think it's time to dive back in. I'm doing a dark imp. Got my basemesh pretty much work out in a z-sketch. Took about ten minutes so far. I tried recording but it was a pain so I'm not bothering with it, hope my entry will still count.
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2009, 12:43 AM   #64
Teyon
Incredi-Boy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
I like the ZSphere layout Polysmooth. I really need to practice more with those.

Sorry for the crap quality. I didn't realize I had to set a slider to up the res. Recorded at 1 frame per second in Zbrush exported out at the same speed. Next one will be better. Still lots to do on the model.

Last edited by Teyon; 09-11-2009 at 01:17 AM..
Old 09-11-2009, 04:35 AM   #65
Teyon
Incredi-Boy

Awards Showcase
Nearly done.

Decided to try the Camstudio thing and while that was better quality than my previous attempt, the window didn't adjust to my cursor position, so much of what I was doing wasn't visible.

Last edited by Teyon; 09-11-2009 at 12:21 PM..
Old 09-11-2009, 06:49 AM   #66
berendey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge ''Army of One'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner in Speed Modeling -Devil's Chariot 
Total Awards: 4
lampshadehead thx! i try to fix it.

Teyon well done! but legs seem shorter.
berendey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:14 AM   #67
ilya.kachura

Smile Vampire-girl

Hi.
I'm making a vampire-girl. Here's the result after 2 hours of hard work. )
Attached Images

Last edited by ilya.kachura; 09-11-2009 at 11:16 AM..
ilya.kachura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:04 PM   #68
Teyon
Incredi-Boy

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by berendey View Post

Teyon well done! but legs seem shorter.

Thanks. The legs are short on purpose. I wanted to make it easier for him to see while at the same time giving him a misshapen feeling. human-like but not human. That said, I did feel like his buttocks was too low, so I raised that up as you can see in this shot:

That's what i was doing for the first part of the new video I posted, where the camera didn't move much.

In order to see, he must either grab a foot and lift it up or get down on his hands and knees so he can stick his foot out. His eyes are on his instep.

ilya.kachura, that's some nice sculpting. The outfit is starting to look a bit futuristic to me but hey, who says Vamps don't exist in the future? Keep going!
Old 09-11-2009, 02:03 PM   #69
ilya.kachura

Smile more 1 hours

I can't imagine the future without vampires! )))
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #70
Teyon
Incredi-Boy

Awards Showcase
Crap. put the eye in the wrong place, didn't I?

Edit: Oh hey! That's coming along great. Didn't realize you'd posted again. Me likey.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:20 PM   #71
3Gkamal

Hi i am new here can anybody help me in choosing the legend. I dont know where to look in. if any body can provide a link or reference website where i can select my character.

thanks, please help me guys i really wanted to participate in this competition.
3Gkamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #72
Rsantiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Gkamal View Post
Hi i am new here can anybody help me in choosing the legend. I dont know where to look in. if any body can provide a link or reference website where i can select my character.

thanks, please help me guys i really wanted to participate in this competition.
Hi 3Gkamal, there's a creature wiki link on the very first post in this thread by the moderator. It is under "The Brief". They are mostly descriptions and should be enough to allow your imagination take over. GL to you.
Rsantiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:31 PM   #73
ilya.kachura

Thumbs up

For 3Gkamal
http://images.google.ru/images?hl=ru...-8&sa=N&tab=wi
Old 09-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #74
3Gkamal

Thank you Rsantiago and ilya.kachura.. i will look in this and hopefully get back as soon as possible.
3Gkamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:59 PM   #75
Teyon
Incredi-Boy

Awards Showcase
Okay, I'm going to call the actual sculpting done but I have to put him in a pose, so there may be some minor clean up to do after that. Can't put him in the pose I wanted (holding his foot out by one hand and leaning on a weapon with the other). The eye position wouldn't make sense for that unless the person he was chasing was behind him. So I think I'll do something else. All told, it's been about 6 hours (maybe a little less but that's a nice round number) from start to finish so I've still got 4 hours to go. Think I may be able to make a base in that time to aid in the posing.

Attached Images

Last edited by Teyon; 09-11-2009 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: need to add attachment.