>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Myths and Legends - Nov 2009 > Sculpting - "Creature of Legend"

Old 10-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #91
mastein

Send a message via MSN to mastein
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: The Almighty Thor has been plugged to the top bar! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My Show Time sculpt has been plugged on toprow. The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place on Abominable Snowman sculpting challange! 
Total Awards: 17
im going for a Dragon now
hope i can do a good sculpt.
This is the basemesh, made in 20 minutes
Attached Images

mastein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:52 PM   #92
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
good works guys.
freespace - if i'll have enough time ill fix the horns .
heres some progres. 2 hours more
Attached Images

paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:07 AM   #93
BARON3D

Send a message via MSN to BARON3D
Hello guys Im making the Tsuchigumo.Good luck to all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsuchigumo

BARON3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #94
scottimation

Hey everyone, I am going to try and model the Chimera for this challenge. In the sketching stage right now, hope to dive into 3d soon.
scottimation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:48 PM   #95
lampshadehead
<B>BOLD</B>

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
bannino: Very nice basse mesh.
lampshadehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:58 PM   #96
Hetfield

Here are my first 40min. Rock golem
Attached Images

Hetfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:10 AM   #97
Belal Saeed

Send a message via MSN to Belal Saeed
Almost 30 minutes from the basemesh.
Hope i can finish it on time!
Updates soon!

Old 12-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #98
ilya.kachura

Smile wolverine

Hi)
I've started with a brand new character "wolverine", cause I hadn't made a video for my first model "vampire".
This work was done in 4 and a half hours, I still have over 6 hours to go, which I'm going to split into the following stages:
1) torso - 2 hours
2) arms - 2 hours
3) legs - 2 hours
If I could finish earlier, I'll pose a character in some interesting way )))
Attached Images

Last edited by ilya.kachura; 12-11-2009 at 12:48 PM..
ilya.kachura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #99
bannino

I am pleased that you like my base mesh. hope you will like my final.
I have a problem with recording video is it a problem
Belal what are you designing? is it mermaid?
bannino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #100
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespace-3DT View Post
It would be a good idea to choose from the list of legends in the brief.
in the brief where?

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #101
bannino

ilya.kachura: i realy like the head waiting to see your final
bannino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:58 PM   #102
FricoRico

Send a message via MSN to FricoRico
Talking

This is my very first post on the forum, been around here for a while browsing through peoples stuff, but never had the gut to show my own skills in a challenge.

Well here it goes:

I'm going to make a Pukwudgie, this is a tiny troll that is infamous in Native Armerica. People claim to have seen them a couple of times, they can use magic (like casting fireballs) and use spears to poke people with . He's not a big fellow either about 2 to 3 foot tall. More on the story about Pukwudgie's can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pukwudgie

I'm making him a bit more Lord of the Rings stylish trolls. Almost like Orcs if you ask me. I hope you guys like what I've done so far, gone pretty wild with it giving him some clothing and weapons too:

Time spend so far:
Basemesh: About 3.5 hours
FricoRico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:58 PM   #103
ilya.kachura

Thumbs up Belal Saeed

Thank you bannino))
ilya.kachura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:17 PM   #104
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aby arty View Post
in the brief where?
The brief that the challenge starts with and that everyone should read before joining up, as always: here

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:40 PM   #105
Belal Saeed

Send a message via MSN to Belal Saeed
ilya.kachura : thanks a lot man
1 hour working on it. Still need a lot of work.....

Thanks.

-Belal

Last edited by Belal Saeed; 14-11-2009 at 10:08 AM..
Belal Saeed is offline   Reply With Quote