>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 02-04-2009, 03:43 PM   #31
Cracadoo

Send a message via ICQ to Cracadoo
Cool man. I can't wait to see where you are going with textures. Keep the flames burning
Old 02-04-2009, 04:03 PM   #32
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
Total Awards: 6
excellent man!!! vraiment bon concept, j'attends de voir c'te war machine avec les textures, ça pète bien!
good job man, I like your concept!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:25 PM   #33
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Wé elle dégomme bien la war-machine, sympa l'idée du gif animé pour le turn around...
Wonderfull war-machine concept, using a gif for the turn around is smart.

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:07 AM   #34
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
update ? je veux voir cette machine de guerre terminée!!!!!
Old 22-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #35
Sebiomegas
I am Alpha and Omega!

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War character! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
I was out with an illness. Now It's time to bounce back!
Had some polishing done to the model and also UV layout. Did all my baking for materials too.
After debating on modeling the details or using ZBrush, I have chosen to use ZBrush. It's SO much faster and efficient!
Now I truly have to be a machine in order to finish this.

War General Pet Portrait-

Old 22-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #36
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
make sure you turn on double sided textures.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 11:53 AM   #37
Sebiomegas
I am Alpha and Omega!

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War character! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 

Old 24-04-2009, 03:14 AM   #38
buzz001

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Those cannons are no joke. They could wake-up a continent, great job with the model.
Old 28-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #39
Sebiomegas
I am Alpha and Omega!

Awards Showcase

Last edited by Sebiomegas; 28-04-2009 at 09:22 PM..
Sebiomegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:03 AM   #40
Sebiomegas
I am Alpha and Omega!

Awards Showcase
Almost done with the High Poly.
I'm really pushing my old dusty computer on this. Have to be methodical while working to avoid memory crash.
Hopefully I will be able to post a shot of the finished piece without a complete meltdown of the computer.
My goal is to start working on color by this week end. I'll post the baking of my normals and cavity map around that time.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:48 AM   #41
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Looks good. You've got tons of nice detail buried in there. The texture on the hose, tho pretty simple, is really nice. Keep it up, we're almost to the end.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #42
buzz001

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Your elegant details on the warmachine is very good, a blend of modem and steampunk. My goal is the same finish the model and bake this weekend. My system is dated too and I have not pushed it like what I'm about to do this weekend. Even if I don't get to post all the required shots, but I want to complete the model to the fullest. You had catwalks and ladders on your model are they going to show battle warn-damage. Well good luck and hope to see you and the rest of the team at the finish line.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:35 AM   #43
Sebiomegas
I am Alpha and Omega!

Awards Showcase
@buzz001:I was thinking about battle damage but for now I'm aiming at factory new. Maybe I will have time do a dirt pass before the END.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:26 PM   #44
Creos 3D
Hunter Killer

Send a message via ICQ to Creos 3D
Looks good but this slightly reminds me a fabric facture on the mesh.
I`m think you should make details a more clear and solid

If you known, additional facture details, scratches and rifts
is more simply to add with Crazy bump or Nvidia photoshop plugin.

Good job.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:14 AM   #45
Sebiomegas
I am Alpha and Omega!

Awards Showcase
@Creos 3D: You are certainly right about the fabric texture. I used a tiling carbon fiber pattern. About battle damage: I guess it could help my entry be more believable.