>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 24-05-2009, 01:17 AM   #16
Resenhista

Send a message via MSN to Resenhista
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
Okay, here's my entry...I took reference from a beautiful photograph of a greyhound I found on the web.

I'm posting the sketches, from reproduction of the pic until...some adjustments
Attached Images

http://resenhista.deviantart.com
Resenhista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 01:28 AM   #17
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsanityV20 View Post
So uh, do we make a new WIP thread, or can we just continue using our Main Comp ones? Some people are posting WIP's here, and the rules say making a thread are mandatory - I'm all confused...like a noob
the rules say using this thread is mandatory.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 01:41 AM   #18
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Ah - gracias Big Toe and Resenhista. Now all I gotta do is start

Current 3DTotal comps: none. Learning Character Rigging, Unity.
Comments & Critiques, always appreciated

Homepage: This is Vinsanity
VinsanityV20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 03:38 AM   #19
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Location: Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 2
M_Cederstrom a lion, looking really cool so far.

Resenhista that half robo hound's a good idea, i wanna see what it looks like once you start painting.

lets see yours VinsanityV20

here's mine.
Attached Images

Old 24-05-2009, 07:04 AM   #20
corny47

corny47-wargeneralpet-2d-final

so this is the final image. are we just putting it here or is there a page to upload the images to because when u click on the "submit entry thing it just says that mini challege 1 is closed with no option to upload for mini 2.
Attached Images

corny47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 10:52 AM   #21
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Looks great corny,
They probably just havent fixed the upload for mini2 challenge.

So I“m in, just have some stuff to do and alot of work this week so I hope I have the time to finish.
I have an idea what to do so now all I have to do is to do it

Great work so far everyone.
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #22
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
Resenhista- it look good i'm digging the concept, what color are you think of going with?
Corny- dang, that really good and nicely done i like where you put the logo, i was kinda think of doing the same to mine...
Miycko it looks like your going to bring it hard core with the mine dragon, just keep in mind the Size.;D
Vinsanity- can't wait to see what you come up with.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 02:27 PM   #23
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
corny47: i'll see what is taking the submittion page so long to get fixed.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 25-05-2009, 01:43 AM   #24
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
(sighs)

Well, I WAS hoping to become inspired, and do something that looked really original - something more like Corny47's excellent creature so far - but alas, inspiration just wouldn't come. And since this is a super short comp, I can't dwell on such things. I don't mind much; the pre-war mini comp was about practice for me, and the main comp was about testing out new things over originality, so why stop now

I'm basically just making a regal, armored kitty With two little horns on his head. Something to test out a new painting method on. I know the fundamentals when it comes to 2D, but never really finished anything to the point where it looked painterly, so it's all about the process for me. Again. I'm not super happy with the linework thus far, but who has time to go back in a mini comp? Just wanna barrel ahead and get to the painting in phase...

Also, gotta love the dual screens for something like this, where - if you're me at least - you're constantly looking at reference. I really liked this pic too because the lighting is so strong - if I don't have reference, my lighting will suck.

Comments:
Corny47: Seriously - that thing is badass looking, in terms of design and in terms of the rendering. You're a machine dude

Miycko: A dragon? Sweet - haven't seen enough of those lately, actually Looking forward to seeing more!

Resenhista: That's a cool idea - seeing a mechanical dog is gonna end up wicked. Nice going so far, man!

Current 3DTotal comps: none. Learning Character Rigging, Unity.
Comments & Critiques, always appreciated

Homepage: This is Vinsanity

Last edited by VinsanityV20; 25-05-2009 at 01:46 AM..
VinsanityV20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 03:39 AM   #25
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
still working on the submition thingy.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 25-05-2009, 05:33 AM   #26
Resenhista

Send a message via MSN to Resenhista
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! 
2nd WIP...the refining, finished today at morning...next step, the colouring!

Corny47: Man this is awesome, loved it...great design, great rendering...great pet =D
VinsanityV20: nice man, an armoured cat...he is dog-proof hehehe
miycko: Thank you! I'll post the colouring tomorrow. And I agree w/Vinsanity, don't forget the size
M_Cederstrom: Wait and see...I think you'll like it
Attached Images

http://resenhista.deviantart.com
Resenhista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 11:26 AM   #27
Franc

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 1
Rabbit
Attached Images

Last edited by Franc; 26-05-2009 at 09:12 AM..
Franc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 06:29 PM   #28
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
franc - great as always.
Resenhista - it coming along nicely.
vinsanity- nice...
this are looking great guy's.( all entry's so far )
Old 25-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #29
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Here is my final...

Name: Redeye...
Attached Images

Old 25-05-2009, 09:57 PM   #30
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
OK, i tried to submit it as will, but the link is having problem for me as well.
i'll try again later.