>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 10-11-2010, 07:48 PM   #61
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
do you guys think something like this can go???
I think your ideas are good! As long as the silhouette is good then the model will probably have a lot of potential Reminds me of dragonball somehow...

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:48 PM   #62
MarioC

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
so if i want to generate an occlusion pass using a sphere pattern spotlight around the model and then multiply it in the diffuse map, i can't make it??? i understand it's old style low poly, but these things could be done even in that times, i think this rule is pretty ridicolous
i agree with removing the bump map btw

thanks hulahuga, yeah i was thinking it look to much dragon ball style maybe, that wings make him too similar to cell, so i was thinking about putting a jetpack instead of them, but i'm not so sure :\

Last edited by MarioC; 10-11-2010 at 07:52 PM..
MarioC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:01 PM   #63
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by gintoki View Post
i have question so you choose between this challenge and other or you can still join both of them.
you can participate in all chalanges as lon as you provide only one entry per chalange: 1animation or 1 character or 1 concept or all 3 at a time. and you can participate in main chalange too.
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #64
setschaos
Is portfolio-less

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Lol! Just tried to send Fred a PM, no space. I wanted to ask if he meant to kick people's work-flow in the teeth by tossing out ALL sculpting or if his intention was just to ban the use of AO, Bump, and Normal Maps.

I would get started this afternoon, but I don't want to start posting WIPs of my high density mesh from a basic base and end up disqualified for not following the rules...

I guess I'll just spend a good deal of time with the concepts and hope for some clarification on Fred's end.

BTW: Resisting the urge to hop in MSPaint and flesh some stuff out while at work...
setschaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:10 PM   #65
thefmilyofblood
Threadjacker

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 3
I think I've decided- I'm doing corrupt. I spent a couple minutes and whipped up this sketch, based off of the Mouth of Sauron and the Angel of Death from Hellboy.
Attached Images

Fight in the Dominance war!
thefmilyofblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:20 PM   #66
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
I just asked on GA - hopefully there'll be a sensible and explicit answer that clarifies everything (ie. you can do what you want but don't use a normal/bump map).

If not, it looks like I'll be out on a technicality again..

http://johnsarthole.blogspot.com/
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:23 PM   #67
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Cordero - Just got hooked about the frog with shields so I whipped together a quick concept for him, can I post it ?

EDIT: Astaroth - Well I like the wings, bu at the same time them combined with the head made him looks like cell just as you said . Think of how you can really make him your own (even though he already is).

WIP

Last edited by hulahuga; 10-11-2010 at 08:32 PM..
Old 10-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #68
DeadlyFreeze
Not a zombie.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For throwing one hell of a good suggestion out there. You suggested the sculpting challenge, and we ran with it. The community loves it. Nice one! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: your testicles Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''Death Match'' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Low POly Comp #22 Washed Up super Hero 
Total Awards: 10
Anyone try out mari on low poly stuff yet?

The mysterious guy behind you...
DeadlyFreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:32 PM   #69
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 6
hulahuga sure thing man did you see the updated concepts I posted one page 3 or 4?
Old 10-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #70
silverflame

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: game art Weapon Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in smc 55 - On your marks Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #76 Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in smc 52 - take a closer look Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 17
Here's my concept, decided to go down the corrupter route as well but in the form of a large tank type character
Attached Images

Portfolio Website

Coroflot Profile
silverflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #71
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
I'm saving my mari trial for the main comp..

i done this.
Attached Images

http://johnsarthole.blogspot.com/
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #72
setschaos
Is portfolio-less

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
This is the mini challenge winning wip!
Attached Images

Old 10-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #73
Spirit

hello everyone!!!
The Dom. War has started Goooood luck to everyone

Desided to create a shadow warrior. He or she =) will be slim and extremely agile

Started from the weapon cause it's a soul of warrior and most valuable part of him(her)

It will be dual short swords
Attached Images

Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #74
Buzzy
Quadcore

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Starlet thread was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: 'Bronze Age Barbarian' was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DomWar4 work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge 
Total Awards: 11
We might as well throw in the towel. setschaos has pretty much guaranteed himself a win with that concept.
Buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:56 PM   #75
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Cordero - Yeah sure, that's what I looked at mostly . Nothing fancy from my part, just what I thought of the design

poopipe - Nice one! I like the flow. Is artrage (the version you use) any good?
Attached Images

WIP

Last edited by hulahuga; 10-11-2010 at 08:59 PM..