>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 20-11-2010, 05:26 PM   #61
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Thanks Freekybevis, your undead pegasus concept is some great work, freaking awesome! (Rock!)
thanks for support Big-Toe. Wanted to change a bit the style.

Action pose are hard, but that's the fun setschaos.

Nice one Roach_Wizard, I didn't see it at school, but it's a good start!

Cordero, ok so shadow for you, thanks man!

Beriadan Nice start man, keep it up!

M_C: I'm waiting your stuff. (<= I've learned a lot from this guy new recruits, respect da master's authorita!!!)

Lot's of vote on number 2 so some more work on it:
Attached Images

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 05:34 PM   #62
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Finally... I thought you were dead or somethin

I totally love it for sure!
Old 20-11-2010, 08:58 PM   #63
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
gn8

Nope, I'm just not in holiday anymore, just got da week-end to work a bit on my stuff.
Thanks!

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
Old 21-11-2010, 01:58 AM   #64
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 7
I didn't want to show this until i got the line art done but I'll give a sneak peek. so the plane this time is to do a pencil line art then color it in photoshop. I going with shadow and corrupted. I think you'll like what i got going on with corrupted.

every thing looking great guys. Just don't forget to start thinking about the final image and composition as you work on your two characters.

I'll really start posting when i start getting in to the color.
Attached Images

M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2010, 01:59 AM   #65
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
o she going to have a cape/robe i just havent drawed it in.

Later
Old 21-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #66
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
So I'll wait ink and color for this one Mr.C.
Like the way you've been playing around with smooth shades and lill' details all around. The chara already pop-out, interesting dynamic between shoulder line and spine. (Sexy tits!)
Maybe it's unwanted, but with those little (logo) details onto hair, I see some kind of broken stone effect, and it's working nicely, like it.
Have you already decided the colours?
Vegetal green? Cold blue? Hot red? Yellow? Black and grey? ...

Quote:
Just don't forget to start thinking about the final image and composition as you work on your two characters.
Oups, I need to hurry then.

Old 21-11-2010, 09:36 AM   #67
Beriadan
Hwo told god how to model

Talking

nice!! I was thinking to start with the pencil as well but my scaner broke
So this is another thing I draw today. I was thinking bout the clothing. So she is going to be... some barbarian fetish style. and he is going to be Chinese Buddha with cyborg parts
Attached Images

Beriadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2010, 12:39 PM   #68
Beriadan

OK. This is a small update. I`m having a problem. I have the idea to spread open the stomach of the general, to put some glass in front or something like that. I think it will look cool with the cyborg parts and stuff. But the shadow is going to cut him almost the same place... and it looks a bit stupid...
Loose the guts?
Attached Images

Old 21-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #69
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
i havent decided what colors yet, o and the logo in the hair is not hair it part of the robe, i just haven't drawen the other part of it yet, I really like what you got going on with your charater washka,

beriaden, i like what you doing, the pose is dramatic, i would say close it and just add more close detail maybe a really big belt or maybe some computer part (chip, cables, ect).
Old 21-11-2010, 04:56 PM   #70
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Ok, now I see the robe.
Some fun:
Attached Images

Old 21-11-2010, 05:31 PM   #71
Beriadan

thanks cederstorm, but now I have a new dilemma- legs or dress
I think legs...
Attached Images

Old 21-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #72
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
these aer looking great guy's

Washka - nice silhouette in the back, gun, girl, and monster can go wrong.

beriadan - that looks better, if you go with legs they giving him some samurai sandals, if you go dress make sure you add some floe to it.
Old 21-11-2010, 05:45 PM   #73
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Seems better with legs Beriadan. Left arm of corrupted and girl's pelvis bother a bit my eye.

So here's the chara smash-up:
If you want to, you can help me choosing two of those.
Who will prevail? Can you choose victory?

Last edited by washka; 21-11-2010 at 05:52 PM..
Old 21-11-2010, 06:26 PM   #74
Beriadan

wow.... I like 2, 6 and 12...
10x for the advice. now I`ll check in the dictionary what pelvis means
Old 22-11-2010, 12:39 AM   #75
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
i like 2 and 11.