>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 17-02-2007, 07:04 PM   #61
Agent-X

Send a message via AIM to Agent-X Send a message via MSN to Agent-X Send a message via Yahoo to Agent-X
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
I am thinking I can drop the polycount on this as well, because what I did with the 6 sided polygon cylinder is I used a polygon cube and boolean it down the middle dividing it into 2. I could probably recreate the cylinder with 6 sides instead, because I am going to have a glow effect on it anyways. I am not going to see that split down the middle most likely because of the glow. This giving me more polygons for other cool stuff. I am also debating on the polygon cube blade like things that I have traveling up the whip, I might be able to just use polgon planes with alpha channel instead. Hmmm. What ya guys think? Give me feedback guys.
Old 17-02-2007, 07:10 PM   #62
Agent-X

Send a message via AIM to Agent-X Send a message via MSN to Agent-X Send a message via Yahoo to Agent-X
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Right now I am digging through UT2004, looking at their textures, I think I remember there being some stuff similar that looked like this to see how they did it.
Old 18-02-2007, 05:52 AM   #63
shadowbreeze
who me?

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 1
hmm maybe add a dirty big spiked energy ball in the end, the blade idea of running along it does sound good, would your poly count allow for two of these weapons? one in each hand, Also if you made them out of planes how would it go for posing her, if you wanted it twisting around?

but it is a cool idea and i do like it, keep it going bro
shadowbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 10:18 PM   #64
Agent-X

Awards Showcase
Heres is my latest work in progress. Still more to add, and possibly another weapon!

Old 18-02-2007, 10:45 PM   #65
Agent-X

Awards Showcase
Old 18-02-2007, 10:51 PM   #66
ThatDon
iCreate

Send a message via AIM to ThatDon Send a message via MSN to ThatDon
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Wolverine was linked from the frontpage! 
lol, no offense but your weapon reminds me of the Japanese drifting dildo knobs

other than that keep up the great work, cya at the finish line
ThatDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 11:04 PM   #67
FistOfGod

Hey man, looking cool so far! I would try to have the blades as alphas if you could get away with it as it will free up triangles. Also, I feel that parts of the base for the whip are a little too large. At first I thought it was a really long sword because of the handle. I do like the idea of the energy whip. Keep us posted!

Waylon
FistOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 11:06 PM   #68
V3N0M
Dawg of War

Send a message via Yahoo to V3N0M
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatDon
lol, no offense but your weapon reminds me of the Japanese drifting dildo knobs
O__O pervert! me too

Anyway, I say loose the tip of it, and make it more whip like
We shall defend our forum, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the polys, we shall fight on the vertex channel, we shall fight in the riging and in the skining, we shall fight in the texture; we shall never surrender.

"<NyseriA> Things I've learned about war from videogames: If you find yourself mortally wounded by an enemy sniper be sure to let him know that he is a faggot."http://www.bash.org/
V3N0M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 11:08 PM   #69
Agent-X

Awards Showcase
LOL. Well one things for sure that is no dildo. LOL. If it were your ass would explode. LMAO. That would be a site. Quite B L O O D Y!
Old 18-02-2007, 11:11 PM   #70
ThatDon
iCreate

Send a message via AIM to ThatDon Send a message via MSN to ThatDon
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Wolverine was linked from the frontpage! 
indeed
ThatDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 11:14 PM   #71
Agent-X

Awards Showcase
I am going to keep the tip, because I wanted to have it as some kinda blade tip, and the effect that is around it is an energy effect. I am going to keep the long handle also. I dont like short handles. I like having a little more to grab. Hehe. Yeah, thats what she said. Hehe.
Old 18-02-2007, 11:18 PM   #72
Agent-X

Awards Showcase
Hell I wish I could have two of these, whips, but I dont have enough polygons for that. It would look to blocky if I did. For my next weapon I plan on making a gun. maybe something like a cyber Ingram pulse blaster or something. We shall see what I come up with.
Old 18-02-2007, 11:25 PM   #73
V3N0M
Dawg of War

Send a message via Yahoo to V3N0M
Hmm... yeah well the enrgy field looks a wee bit to thick to me, but maybe you could do just a little shot of the whip bending for refference.
We shall defend our forum, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the polys, we shall fight on the vertex channel, we shall fight in the riging and in the skining, we shall fight in the texture; we shall never surrender.

"<NyseriA> Things I've learned about war from videogames: If you find yourself mortally wounded by an enemy sniper be sure to let him know that he is a faggot."http://www.bash.org/
V3N0M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 11:48 PM   #74
Agent-X

Awards Showcase
yeah, I am going to try deleting every other row of edges on the whip and see if it still looks good. If it does then hell we will see what else I can get. Maybe I can have two whips. We shall see.
Old 19-02-2007, 01:34 AM   #75
Agent-X

Awards Showcase
Do you guys think I should stick with the whip that has more divisions or do you think I should stick with this new one where I deleted like every other edge loop? Here is a look with every other edge loop deleted. Tell me what you guys think. If I use this whip the way it is I still dont have enough polygons for another whip. But I have more polys to make a more detailed gun if I wanted to. Give me your thoughts and oppinions.