>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > AVATAR

Old 28-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
elenadintroia

AVATAR 2D elenadintroia Undead Countess

Hello everybody,
I'm elenadintroia and this is my first post.
I've created two characters for this competition, but I'll post the last one I did. It was hard for me to decide because it's such an interesting competition. I'll start with the final image and then I will post the stages of my work.
It is done entirely in Photoshop.

It'a about an undead countess wich looks like a gosth of a vampire. She's also a vampire and a gosth because she just can't die.
She killed herself long time ago because of a great pain that hurt her soul (in her hand you can see the bottle of poison that she used).
She became a vampire after she was inlove with a foreign prince that ruled the country at that time, who betrade her trust. He was a vampire from an old family of vampires and transformed her also.
So, she was buried without a priest or ceremony. That's why she got back to that old castle in the underworld and got stucked in that room where she found her death... but in the mirror she sees herself young and beautiful again like she used to be 300 years ago.
Near her is the monster gargoyle, who now is just a bronze figure, but in the old days he accompanied her in the dark places that her soul was travelling.
The gargoyle's grotesque form was said to scare off evil spirits so they were used for protection.

Attached Images

elenadintroia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
elenadintroia

[IMG]D:\work\vampira[/IMG]
Old 02-03-2009, 01:28 AM   #3
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Hi elenadintroia, so you have started 2 threads didn´t know witch to use so I took this one.
Anyway, you have a nice idea and a lot of nice detales in the image, love the wallpaper except the pattern is a bit tight in the upper right corner, other than that there is nothing to crit at the moment, waiting for some more.
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
elenadintroia

hi

yes, thanks.

I must say that this is actually my second digital painting. I am a bachelor of arts, painting, but untill now I've painted only with real media, not digital.

Since 2003 I am a graphic designer, I make graphics for print and also I did magazine design, graphics for web sites, logos, yhat's the way I earn my living, it's my daily job.

So, digital painting media is kind of new for me, but I love it and I think I will try to do more works and hope I'll improuve my style.

elena
Old 02-03-2009, 11:09 AM   #5
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Well one can see that you have a good eye for the layout and it feels like you're real media art is coming through the digital with the textures, it looks really good.
My favourite part with digital against real world painting is the undo button, if someone could just invent it for real life I would probably go back and do more "real" paintings
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #6
Jibberwocky

Looks pretty sweet. I like the blend of Victorian style (in both design and presentation) and modern techniques. Very cool.
Jibberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:42 AM   #7
elenadintroia

thanks!

I'm glad you like it, it's exaclly what I wanted to inspire
Old 03-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #8
elenadintroia

Wip Sheet

The stages of the work

WIP sheet
Attached Images