>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 20-05-2009, 08:50 AM   #181
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
@DELTATHUND3R wow awezum ztuff

@Fellipe Lopes *goes and hides under the bed

@Freespace-3DT i meant is it ok , if i bring dragonbase twise into z brush , box will be pedestal only ,just 2 dragons, ill be using the gven mess only, is it ok.?

@Slashmore keep track of time duh , keep a stop watch or use ur cell phone.
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #182
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Slashmore: There's no official way of keeping time. Every artist keeps time in his own way. I'm sure you'll do great.

aby arty: Well show me what you're trying to do, and I'll tell you if it works for Final Submission or not.

Great stuff, people! So many entries, so many dragons, we can build a huge army here.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #183
Lord McGoat

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 2nd Place 
Total Awards: 2
slashmore - I like http://www.online-stopwatch.com/ for time keeping.

Some lovely work going on here, looking forward to seeing more.
Lord McGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #184
Fellipe Lopes

Send a message via MSN to Fellipe Lopes
Talking HY!!!! Thanks to all!!!

XADA - Thanks man!!!! I think that need some details on skin. I have 20 minutes !!!

Bgen - Thanks man, Im very happy that you like it!!!

Aby Arty - Hahaha You are funny man!!!!! Thanks so much!!!
Fellipe Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #185
bgen
- Modonaut

Send a message via MSN to bgen
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 7
Fellipe Lopes - i guess everybody appriciates someone that appricates his artwork in a good way, but ure pic is ace
aby arty - cheers for the welcome back - had a lot to do @ uni. so wasn't around as much.

got 2 hr work into my own dragon today. hit the half mark.
4 hrs to go.
Attached Images

Last edited by bgen; 20-05-2009 at 01:18 PM..
bgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #186
liquidbear

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: i won second in the heat is on speed moddeling 
Total Awards: 2
i love it bgen keep it up

DOM WAR THREAD PLEASE SUPPORT
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82649

THE MORE SUPPORT I GET THE MORE THE BANANA DANCES
liquidbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #187
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
@freespace sir

sorry for not bieng clear
here is the idea.

and similarly would 1 dragon with many pedestal be fin too?
the pedestals would be dragons attire in that case?
Attached Images

aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 04:31 PM   #188
RHedendahl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating the topology resource thread! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 3
Here is my start, about an hour:
Attached Images

Old 20-05-2009, 04:44 PM   #189
XADA

WOW! kirgan, such a good start! I love it too!
Old 20-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #190
bgen
- Modonaut

Send a message via MSN to bgen
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 7
nice to see ya kirgan, nice start - i like that u go stylized 2 !!
uncle scrooge as a dragon
Old 20-05-2009, 05:55 PM   #191
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 5
he guys... so nice new entries here!!

here is my dragon after 6h so far. hope u like it !?
Attached Images

Last edited by CHAO5; 20-05-2009 at 06:05 PM..
CHAO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #192
RHedendahl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating the topology resource thread! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 3
Thx XADA and Bgen
CHAO5: Great work, loving the arms.
Here is one more hour (2h) on my dragon.
Attached Images

Old 20-05-2009, 10:45 PM   #193
maxxeh

Unfortunately, I have alot of work in the next few days, So i may not be able to continue untill the weekend, perhaps as late as monday!

I have decided to stray away from the feng zhu concept, and have drawn up a dragon of my own. I will probably try to mix between the 2.

Would I be allowed to start the sculpt from scratch for this reason?
I feel I have lost my momentum!

kirgan, I love your design, he looks really sneaky!
CHAO5, The details on the scales really make it pop. nice work
Fellipe Lopes, I really like the pose and the style, almost T-Rex like.. but more badass
DELTATHUND3R I like how you chose to have yours flying, It looks alive!
and bgen, yours still makes me smile

You're all doing really great work! It inspires me to try my hardest when I get the time!
maxxeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 11:13 PM   #194
VersionThirst
Falling with Style

Send a message via AIM to VersionThirst
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: First place in the thai monastery photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won 2nd in the 'Bench' Low Poly weekly photo modeling challenge. Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won 2nd in the 'Tomb' Low Poly weekly photo modeling challenge. Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Won third place for the low-poly undead rockstar comp Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge ''goofy gun'' 
Total Awards: 8
Awesome sculpts so far, might jump in if I can get inspired.

Fellipe Lopes - Great sculpt, McFarlane used as reference? If not, wow, it's pretty dead on.
Attached Images

VersionThirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 01:09 AM   #195
Fellipe Lopes

Send a message via MSN to Fellipe Lopes
Yep!!! Thanks!!!

Yes, I used the dragon of the photo! I liked this dragon. the pose, the feature of it. Thanks for the compliment! and how my teacher ever said: always use reference for a good result.

Last edited by Fellipe Lopes; 21-05-2009 at 01:16 AM..
Fellipe Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote