>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > The Lost Jungle - April 2010 > The Lost Jungle - Matte Painting

Old 27-04-2010, 04:20 AM   #16
Androgs
Digital Artist

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
another update. hmm..however I'm not satisfied with the result..maybe gonna start again with the new one.

Androgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 09:02 AM   #17
Androgs
Digital Artist

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
ok..I start a new one now

Old 27-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #18
Androgs
Digital Artist

Awards Showcase
Old 27-04-2010, 12:17 PM   #19
BBB
BBB

Awards Showcase
Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: won the 3rd place in Armageddon matte-painting challenge 
Hi Androgs, in the first matte try to avoid the simmetry. In the second, try to move the mountain in the middle. It's better for the composition if this mountain is in one side of the image.
Old 27-04-2010, 03:27 PM   #20
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Send a message via MSN to chunkymunky
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
The latest image posted looks like it'd be pretty good, there's certainly potential there, but dude you really gotta get a move on, there's really not alot of time left at all now!
chunkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 11:13 PM   #21
Androgs
Digital Artist

Awards Showcase
BBB & chunkymunky, thank you so much for such a kind critiques and comments

Here's the update so far, decided to keep the mountain at the center but smaller in size.

Old 28-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #22
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Send a message via MSN to chunkymunky
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
That's working pretty nicely for you.
chunkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #23
Androgs
Digital Artist

Awards Showcase
Thank you , chunkymunky..I hope can make it well until the deadline. Here's another update..

Old 28-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #24
thefmilyofblood
Threadjacker

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 3
Wow, once the trees are corrected in the foreground I think this will look amazing! (well, it does right now, too, but you get my meaning right?)

Fight in the Dominance war!
thefmilyofblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 06:43 AM   #25
rofiqalfata
five years old boy...

Send a message via MSN to rofiqalfata
Awards Showcase
Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: I've won a 3DTotal alien t-shirt! photo. Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in The Lost Jungle matte painting challenge Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge ''a new beginning challenge'' 
be careful with the light....
rofiqalfata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #26
Androgs
Digital Artist

Awards Showcase
thefmilyofblood, Thanks for your kind comment , I do hope this one can count..

rofiqalfata, Thank you for remind me, I change the light source after read your comment ..it made me realize..

Hope this one is proper

Old 29-04-2010, 06:27 PM   #27
Jaxko

This is looking brilliant, the only thing that is catching my eye and pulling it into the centre is that wave cutting through the image. It might be best to cover/fix that up. I think colour correcting the water may look good as well.
Jaxko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 07:39 PM   #28
Androgs
Digital Artist

Awards Showcase
Jaxko, thank you so much for addressing that

here's the update again:

Old 30-04-2010, 04:03 AM   #29
rofiqalfata
five years old boy...

Send a message via MSN to rofiqalfata
Awards Showcase
Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: I've won a 3DTotal alien t-shirt! photo. Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in The Lost Jungle matte painting challenge Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge ''a new beginning challenge'' 
foreground and background image have different horizon position, i think you should fix the foreground....
rofiqalfata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #30
Androgs
Digital Artist

Awards Showcase
Thanks rofiqalfata !!

here's an update at the moment