>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Stylized Challenge

Old 02-06-2008, 10:32 AM   #1
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
May 2008 - Carnivorous Plant! - VOTING

Hello All,

This is the new VOTING thread for the CARNIVOROUS PLANT SUPER STYLISED CHALLENGE!!

IMPORTANT: Now has come the time for the following artists to post their fantastic final images in this very thread.
GekuL [posted 31/5]
Ridhwan [posted 31/5]
xxxcubanxxx [posted 31/5]
Shahin_fj [posted 30/5]
penguins [posted 30/5]
Daniela Blanco [posted 29/5]
Eyesight [posted 29/5]
Tony Clifton [posted 28/5]
HA-Jassar [posted 27/5]
Nocturn8 [posted 27/5]
DaddyDoom [posted 27/5]
The following artists unfortunately missed the deadline (sorry!), but we can accept the images that they posted prior to their finals, as follows:
3DGURU [posted 25/5]
grafixsuz [posted 26/5]
Please note: we will not accept the final images posted on 1st June 2008, after the deadline.
800 or 1024 sized images are fine for this stage (but high-res versions are good for 3DCreative magazine!)

Please post all entries in THIS THREAD before 8th June 2008 10:30AM GMT.
Only entries posted in the 'May 2008 - Carnivorous Plant! - VOTING!' thread before this date will be eligible for Voting!

Voting will then start immediately afterwards and will run until 15th June 2008 10:30AM GMT.

We will post to commence the Voting on the 8th June. Voting will be the same as last month, with each voter putting forward their top 3 entries, in order: 3pts for a 1st place, 2pts for 2nd, and 1pt for 3rd. This means that we will all have to choose very carefully!

Please feel free to give reasons for your selection, as it will be good feedback for everyone!

Thanks again for the great work that you have all put in. We look forward to this month's entries! Good luck, everyone!

Many thanks for all your hard work!

Lynette-3dt
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
Honki
if you're horni

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: For creating his wonderful  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
So it does.... My bad.

Honki's helpful thread of uselessness.

something wrongI think

Last edited by Honki; 02-06-2008 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: dumbass
Honki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:02 AM   #3
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
Hi Honki,

Voting starts on 8th June, after the final images have been posted in this thread. Thanks for supporting the challenge!

Lynette
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:23 AM   #4
HA-Jassar
Traditional Digital

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in the stylized animal ''Carnivorous Plant'' 
Total Awards: 5
And so it begins!

Good luck to all
Old 02-06-2008, 11:26 AM   #5
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Send a message via MSN to DaddyDoom
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre 
Total Awards: 11
Good luck to all!
Great work
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2008, 11:35 AM   #6
Nocturn8
Ssssshhh!

Send a message via Yahoo to Nocturn8
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Matte Painting Second Place - Underwater Ruins Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: inner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge ''SMC 68 A place to hide:'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge 'Weight for it.'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the New SMC's - 028 - Music to your ea Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb green?'' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 12
Lynette-3dt: Mam, thanks for another awesome competition.
Honki: thanks for the early vote sir, I appreciate it very much.
DaddyDoom: you, Tony, and the rest of the forums members...man, do i owe you a lot. thanks again. win or loose, i'm happy with it (personal progress thing) i owe my progress to you all, oh and the moderators too.
HA-Jassar: looks like another competition ended...hope to see you soon and the others too. it's really nice to meet friends here. good luck to us all.

The rest of the gang... i hope to see you all again and new faces in the next challenges. It's really cool to know that we'll always have someone to help us all out with our personal progress, dudes, it's a job well done to us all.

Here's my entry...
Attached Images

Last edited by Nocturn8; 02-06-2008 at 11:46 AM..
Nocturn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:04 PM   #7
Eyesight

here is mine ..... good luck to all !

Eyesight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:57 PM   #8
justus_jonas

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
So many great entries this month. This one will be hard to decide. Great job guys!!!!
Cheers

Winner
Pocket inventions!

Runner Up
Don´t sneeze!
Light in the darkness!
Take a closer look!

Honorable Mentions
Afraid of the dark!
They´re so pretty!
Pimp my sleigh!
It´s in the post (revisited)!

Does a falling tree in the forrest make a sound when there is no one to hear? - T. Pratchett
justus_jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:13 PM   #9
TonyClifton

Awards Showcase
Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: First Place in: May 2008 - Carnivorous Plant, Stylized Challenge 
Total Awards: 1
Great work everybody! Cheers, Nocturn8! Good night, and good luck!
Old 02-06-2008, 01:20 PM   #10
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
Well what can I say, this is my first time joining in and it sure won't be the last. I had a blast with all you guys and girls. I want to thank all the 3dtotal staff members that make this possible. Best of luck to everyone.

Sincerely

xxxcubanxxx.

SKETCHES & WIPs

Last edited by RogerP; 02-06-2008 at 01:26 PM..
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:54 PM   #11
3DGURU
Blender user :)

and here is mine , posted on 25-5 , LOL ....
yeah those exams made me very busy !!! <<< finding an excuse , lol ...

i hope you all like it
and i hope that you all take 1st .

*EDIT*
oh , after missing the deadline , i can't alter the brightness of my piece , so alter the brightness of your monitor if you think that's it's dark [embaresing ... ]
this challenge was really fun .

Hey Banana , let's rock , rock 3D rock

~~
~~

Last edited by 3DGURU; 02-06-2008 at 01:56 PM..
3DGURU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:59 PM   #12
Daniela Blanco

Send a message via MSN to Daniela Blanco
Good luck to all of you!!!!!!!!!
See you guys on next challenge......

Last edited by Daniela Blanco; 14-01-2009 at 01:00 AM..
Daniela Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:01 PM   #13
disco stew

eyesight your concept is killer i love it!
nocturn very nice use of motion blur and neat modelling
i especially like the bunnies!
daddy doom great idea to add little flowers as eyes
ha jassar very nice mood in the rendering especially the roots!
the head is maybe a bit too colourfull
the tone you gave the tongue works better i find

Last edited by disco stew; 02-06-2008 at 04:09 PM..
disco stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:05 PM   #14
Ridhwan
RED_1

whatever the result is, knowing such people was enough to say: I WON

my final image
Attached Images

Ridhwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #15
Shahin_fj
Totally 3D

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Ok, and Here is my Final image...
Good Luck Everyone..
Attached Images

Shahin_fj is offline   Reply With Quote