>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > The All New Speed Modelling Challenges

Old 07-04-2016, 02:05 AM   #61
Black
Unpopular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashika-3DT View Post
Hello again. It has been a few years. 5, or 6 I think. I am yearning for some speed modelling, and learning again, since I've decided to resurrect my dream of doing this for a living. Now to brush up on my skills, and learn as much as I can! I recognize a few names still out there, and would love to get together again and pick your brains.

I'm not sure I'm still eligible for this -3dt, however. mostly still -2dt material at best. but if anyone needs help while I have it, let me know.
For me too was this the first visit after years past.
Even more than yours most apparently... But aside from a few names; So little is left knowledgeable for me.
Not to mention the strong sense of being forgotten1 I had to re-upload an avatar image even.

I plan on a comeback to the forums and communities... Now that I have chosen to part from the movie industry so as to have a life; I thought I would first pay my visit to a place I was about all too often. Even had had been a moderator for at the time and had spent many countless hours on trying to model a darned subject in less than an hour.

Appears I was too away for too long.
Glad though that I am not alone on the blue for the emptiness here.

Black

Christopher Reeve

25 September 1952-10 October 2004
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:18 AM   #62
Black
Unpopular

Just for a quick note...
SHALL the competitions ever restart: I think I can persuade my group to contend.
Or at least can try to.

But as I read around: Tom seems he has little to no interest on revival.

Christopher Reeve

25 September 1952-10 October 2004
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:10 PM   #63
mr_lemon
Continue?...9..8..7..

Send a message via MSN to mr_lemon Send a message via Yahoo to mr_lemon
Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 1
i've come here after...ages, it's strange to find many familiar faces, hunger like me for the speed modelling contest, again. Hope they'll come back as they always done keep up the good work ClassicGamer, you're a veteran

----- Some of my previous post to speed modelling challenge -----

Finally the final :

http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=56459

My Gallery:

http://positivedope.deviantart.com/gallery/
mr_lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2016, 05:02 PM   #64
mimi01
weird girl

Send a message via MSN to mimi01
Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge!''Continuum Tranfunctioner challenge'' 
Total Awards: 2
Hello, Hello!

I too take a look at these challenges now and then to see if they finally start again. One more to enter if they ever will.
Glad to see you, Mr. Lemon, and Mr. Black

My deviant space: http://mimi01.deviantart.com

If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.
=Weinberg's Second Law=
mimi01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:45 AM   #65
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
{Sighs} it saddens me to see theses forums so dead, once upon a time they were so alive with entries new and old taking part in these challenges.

The main explanation for me leaving is two parts

Part 01 - I genuinely don't have the time anymore to dedicate the time and effort I used to in moderating and creating challenges, this is also down to having a wedding to plan for next year and enjoying quality time with my fiance and family.

Part 02 - Unfortunately my diabeties has caused problems in the last few months before christmas whereby I had to undertake laser surgery to my eye balls due to blood vessels bursting from high blood sugars, these have now been burnt away using the lazer, but also i have what is known as Macular Edema which has left my vision blurring and patchy in places and also I find somedays it almost impossible to focus properly, it's got so bad that I have now had to resort to claiming beneifts as I cannot work, as you could appreicate attention to detail is key to a graphic designer/3D artist and so until the eyesight get's better i'm a little lost.

At the most my eyesight is stabilsing but not got any better, i'm unsure if it ever will, I can see but reading is difficult etc., my diabeties is very well managed now and has been for some time, but it's the case that the damage was already done.

So believe me, if I could bring these challenges back I would, i miss them and i miss modelling.

But also don't be hard on Rocneasta, he is a busy man too with a full time job, it's just unfortunate that the delay has been this long though, i fear we have lost some participants now and forever

I do hope things pick up in the near future
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2016, 04:12 PM   #66
tokai
binaryriot

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 7
Hi folks,

I'm also an old-timer, did quite some speed challenges here like 10 years ago. I always had fun and learned a lot.

I missed quite some development regarding to raytracing technology... you know how it is when life comes along and eats all your free time. But, I'm trying to get back into the game and catch up with some of the new stuff and what better way to do this by participating in some speed challenges, right?

So, I'm also a bit bummed about the current situation…
Old 25-10-2016, 11:51 AM   #67
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
I fear this site has lost it's mojo and these challenges, if they ever do come back it will take some constant monitoring to get it back to it's hayday..... sad to see
Twitter
Old 12-11-2016, 06:21 AM   #68
DarkBoost

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in a speed modeling challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in SMC #87 
Total Awards: 13
I continue to check this page to see if the challenges have kicked off again - once they officially do I will participate again.

@ClassicGamer-3DT : how are you doing these days - hope you're well!
DarkBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:29 AM   #69
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
@DarkBoost - yeah 'my doing pretty well thanks matey, things are slowly getting better health wise, I'm getting married in July 2017, and we are looking for a place of our own and looking to start a family so all good things here
Twitter
Old 04-03-2017, 10:40 PM   #70
kudagras

Awards Showcase
Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Avengers Mash Up Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 4
It feels like a ghost town.

So are the challenges no more? It's been some years since I was last here. Just want to know what's the haps.
kudagras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 05:03 PM   #71
McFly
Monogon

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 10
Some could say SMCs are dead in the water. Some would say 3dt forums are dying. And it would not be far from the truth.

My WIP dump
McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 05:06 PM   #72
kudagras

Awards Showcase
Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Avengers Mash Up Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
That's rough.
kudagras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:43 PM   #73
Segreto

Send a message via MSN to Segreto
Sad to see the forums so quiet nowadays :/ Artstation and Facebook seems to be taking a lot of traffic from the various 3d forums out there.
Old 16-03-2017, 08:30 AM   #74
Garner
modonuaght

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
I keep checking back too, i need some SMC in my life (

just an idea but if its the social networking part of this thats the trouble, and i am in no way a scoial media guru, but cant we merge the two,a 3dtotal facebook smc page, sames rules etc.. just use facebook???
Garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 04:17 PM   #75
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Very very sa to see the forums like this, I honestly thought the challenges would be re-opened by now. I keep checking back when I can, but I remember when these forums were rammed with entrants and some much creativity.

I fear it would take a small miracle top regain the popularity these challenges once had....sad to see.

If i had the time I would bring these challenges back in a heartbeat!

But i'm getting married in july this year and have problems with my eyesight so it makes it hard to model or read, but I do miss it so so much!
Twitter