>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 03-03-2009, 08:03 PM   #91
darkmonk

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 1
me again :D

hi guys,

ok, heres another one i have done during my lunch break at work, its not finished but i dont like the look of the clothing so im going to move onto another model as these are great practice for me and its rare i get any time to model character stuff just now so i am enjoying doing these quick sculpts, i will probably come back to these after the comp and finish it off.
This model is only 50min of modeling.

WildWire:- very nice as always, you have a great style to your work, i really like the hard edge's you have in your models, this is something i rarely do in my models but i might give it a go.

Jam-I-Am:- great model, very recognisable
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2009, 12:38 PM   #92
DeadlyFreeze
Not a zombie.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For throwing one hell of a good suggestion out there. You suggested the sculpting challenge, and we ran with it. The community loves it. Nice one! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: your testicles Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''Death Match'' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Low POly Comp #22 Washed Up super Hero 
Total Awards: 10
Nice morpheus darkmonk

I went for everyone's favorite red headed freak.
Attached Images

The mysterious guy behind you...
DeadlyFreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #93
AlexM

Hi, guys! Nice works, I really enjoy it! So much celebrities and done really interesting and cool.
Darkmonk- very nice!!!)
and here my entry of "Lady Croft", it's after 4 hours))
Attached Images

AlexM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #94
AlexM

Step by step 4 hours of work...
Attached Images

Old 05-03-2009, 12:46 PM   #95
AlexM

Smile

Adding some details, giving pose and 5 hours of work)
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2009, 01:00 AM   #96
frebel
Felipe Rebelo

Send a message via MSN to frebel
hello for all ^^

here is my contribution Angelina Jolie , tomorrow i will make another caricature
i spent 4 hours int his sculpt
Attached Images

http://frebell.cgsociety.org/gallery/
frebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:56 AM   #97
adrianBenjamin

long time browser...first time poster , going to try and get in on these more often...

just a wip, 2 hours or so in... crits are always welcome....the accessories are not looking to hot >.<

the original doctor of gonzo journalism
Attached Images

Last edited by adrianBenjamin; 06-03-2009 at 08:19 AM..
adrianBenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:30 PM   #98
Lord McGoat

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 2nd Place 
Total Awards: 2
julienN - Glad it worked man! Lovely sculpt, nice one.
darkmonk - Both very nice sculpts, very recognisable.
cmarcus - Solid effort for your first time in zbrush, and a great choice of celebrity to do too.
adrianBenjamin - You chose a damn hard one man, I don't think most people would recognise a photo of Hunter Thompson. I think you're making life even harder with the hat, since his large forehead/receding hairline is quite distinctive. Cool idea for a sculpt mind you...
AlexM - My what a fullsome pair of funbags she has. Do you have perspective turned off for those pics? When she's posed the distant shoulder doesn't seem to be affected by perspective, which hurts the pose.

Anyway, here's mine, 5 hours all used up.

Will try and find time to do another next week.

Last edited by Lord McGoat; 06-03-2009 at 05:31 PM.. Reason: Dodgy upload again
Lord McGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #99
AlexM

Lord McGoat- this is caricature, the tits can be fun. About perspective I just forgot to turn it on, I did it in this entry))
frebel- why do you change celebrity, you've done a good job.
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2009, 12:14 AM   #100
Lord McGoat

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 2nd Place 
Total Awards: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
Lord McGoat- this is caricature, the tits can be fun.
Haha yes, it was intended to be a compliment to her
Lord McGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:46 AM   #101
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Hey everybody,
Great to see the challenge gathering so many celebrities. Keep 'em coming, and keep sculpting till your tablets crack. Good luck!

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:47 PM   #102
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 5
adrianBenjamin - welcome no ssc! great model, nice sculp
darkmonk - good morpheus darkmonk, you have a great style!
Ralf Stumpf - nice work on pavarotti! excellent excellent excellent

Last edited by CHAO5; 07-03-2009 at 05:02 PM..
CHAO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:16 PM   #103
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
he guys

heres another one... 1h so far.
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2009, 04:40 AM   #104
Pedro Toledo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challeng  #007: 'Pirates - Past, Present & Future Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Cool stuff guys

When I saw this comp going on I knew exactly who I wanted to make.
He was able to make you laugh doing nothing, saying nothing, just by the way he would stare at the camera or scene partner.

Loved his films...

Hope you like it.

2:30h. Still some time for some refinement.
Attached Images

Manufato
Pedro Toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #105
frebel
Felipe Rebelo

Send a message via MSN to frebel
Lord McGoat : very nice sculpt
Pedro Toledo : amazing sculpt man
CHAO5: this last sculpt is will smith ?

http://frebell.cgsociety.org/gallery/
frebel is offline   Reply With Quote