>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Coming of the Ice - Feb 2010 > 'The Coming of the Ice' - Sculpting

Old 10-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #121
Dack

ok Thanks

So I fix the topology by projection a plan or something on the areas that are screwed up? Ill look up a tutorial on it becuase I've never done that before.
Thanks for the help by the way,
-Dack
Dack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #122
TerraBite
Master In Training

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Hi guys! Thank you for the support ^__^ I've been having some trouble the past few days regarding a virus on the laptop I'm working on...so my pace has slowed quite a bit. I will finish this challenge but it might be a week till I update again. I'm also having trouble saving my recordings of the sculpt, I've lost a few video files because they go corrupt, so I'm recording as much as possible when I do sculpt. I'm also going to try and enter the snow creature challenge, since I only have 10 hours max for this and I've got some spare time.

Here's only about 2 hours of total work, 8 to go. I really hope I don't have anymore issues. Focus is mainly in the overall form and face. I'm going to create the hands separate, since zspheres were not very nice to me. Colours are not polypaint, just photoshop, so you can get an idea of the concept to it. Let me know what you think so far

TerraBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:11 AM   #123
Stoneking

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dack View Post
So I fix the topology by projection a plan or something on the areas that are screwed up? Ill look up a tutorial on it becuase I've never done that before.
Thanks for the help by the way,
-Dack
Hey Dack,
I might be whrong but i think what was adviced to you is what
is shown in this tutorial bellow that i found in the internet,
Actualy it is the way i use to do my retopologies,
I really like ZBrush's retopology tool,
Cheers
Fernando

The link:

http://www.jcappelletti.com/z3tut03/

www.stoneking.com.br
Stoneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:37 AM   #124
Appr_oved
Yojimbo level Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraBite View Post
Hi guys! Thank you for the support ^__^ I've been having some trouble the past few days regarding a virus on the laptop I'm working on...so my pace has slowed quite a bit. I will finish this challenge but it might be a week till I update again. I'm also having trouble saving my recordings of the sculpt, I've lost a few video files because they go corrupt, so I'm recording as much as possible when I do sculpt. I'm also going to try and enter the snow creature challenge, since I only have 10 hours max for this and I've got some spare time.

Here's only about 2 hours of total work, 8 to go. I really hope I don't have anymore issues. Focus is mainly in the overall form and face. I'm going to create the hands separate, since zspheres were not very nice to me. Colours are not polypaint, just photoshop, so you can get an idea of the concept to it. Let me know what you think so far

this is coming out great! best entry so far imop
Appr_oved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:33 AM   #125
Dack

Sweet

Stoneking- Once again Stoneking you are the MAN! I saw the tutorial and normally this would be great but since im not as fast or used to using it ill just wind up wasting more time then it would be worth doing becuase I'm already at 2 hours with the base mesh and I cant even use the thing for sculpting since I screwed making the topology. Its going to be faster for me to remake the base mesh in 3dsmax and just use my old base mesh as a reference. I really appreciate the help you have been fastest person to ever re spawn to my questions since I've started doing the monthly sculpts. I did find the tuptiral very useful becuase I was not aware of that tool at all and I can use it to make base meshes out of some high sculpted models I did in the past.
Thanks a lot for the help

Last edited by Dack; 11-02-2010 at 03:01 AM..
Dack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:22 PM   #126
Stoneking

Awards Showcase
Hey Dack,
I'm glad it helps, thanks for the kind words,
I still have so much to learn also, so i like to share
the tutorials that was nice to find and usefull for me also

Very nice works Appr_oved! keep it comming

Mine is finaly finished,
i whish i had more time to do some more refining but time is up,
I'll post more pics at the final presentation,
there's also the links for the 3 videos at VIMEO, played at 8x

Hope you like it!

Links for the videos

Part 1
http://www.vimeo.com/9364564
Part 2
http://www.vimeo.com/9364835
Part 3
http://www.vimeo.com/9365654
Attached Images

www.stoneking.com.br
Old 11-02-2010, 08:19 PM   #127
.seven
game artist

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: ''Mitch and Floyd'' art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
sketched him out... I think this is where I'll be going with this.

Last edited by .seven; 11-02-2010 at 08:21 PM..
.seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:27 PM   #128
MightyReg
Artist In Progress

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: fan art 
Total Awards: 2
Stoneking: Nice work! I wonder to which creature that big bone is from!

seven: Thats one hell of a nice sketch! I like his face
MightyReg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:46 AM   #129
mastein

Send a message via MSN to mastein
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: The Almighty Thor has been plugged to the top bar! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My Show Time sculpt has been plugged on toprow. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place on Abominable Snowman sculpting challange! 
Total Awards: 17
Some nice stuff around here !!

I wish soooo much to join this one!! But i think i wont be able to do it =[[[
mastein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:42 AM   #130
AndrewQ

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
So, first I did a pretty vague humanoid basemesh. Threw it into zbrush and kinda sketched around. It's sort of a mix between a goat and a chimp. Next is to go back to maya and fix some topology stuff. Nothing major.

Comments and critiques please!

About 2 hrs in
Attached Images

AndrewQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:48 AM   #131
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Stoneking - You have a nice model going there

Terrabite - Very smooth and nice The shader looks cool as well.

.seven - Great idea, nice sketch as well

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:07 AM   #132
grapix

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
I am about to enter this challenge but i have some doubts regarding that camtasia recording idea.
Is that really necessary to because it slows down my system and prevents me to sculpt fluent. Also if recording i should stop all my PM activities as well as internet surfing, searching for references while sculpting and so on.......hmmmmm.............
.........that does not work for me.
So again is it really necessary?
Ok, i see this question has been answered in previous post, sorry.

Last edited by grapix; 12-02-2010 at 11:44 PM..
grapix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #133
Stoneking

Awards Showcase
Hi guys

Seven- great sketch, really beautifull
Terrabite- nice design and execution
Hey Mighty- Thanks a lot, LOL , the bone is a femur from the snow creature
i'm doing trying to do something good enough to enter the low poly contest aswell
Andrew- nice start, keep it coming
Hulahuga- Thanks a lot, appreciated

Cheers
Fernando

www.stoneking.com.br
Old 12-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #134
grapix

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
I cold not resist such inspiring topic, i am in.
here is first hour of my work:
grapix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:39 PM   #135
Stoneking

Awards Showcase
Looks really great Grapix

www.stoneking.com.br