>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Atomhawk Challenge (Sponsored by Wacom)

Old 31-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #91
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapix View Post
Hi,
I am planing to enter this challenge and I hope I not to late.
I Also have couple of questions.
Do I have to start a WIP thread to participate?
Does the WIP thread has a impact on final judgement?
I have been seeing a lot of threads have like second title besides like "Atomhawk - judgement day" or something, can poster be simply named Atomhawk ?
yes please create one so we can see this your original current work, but no it doesn't affect the judging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasiq View Post
What is the attatched logo of the atomhawk design doing? are we supposed to use it???(its attached in the brief)

Also... is there a restriction to the type of text we will use??? Fonts??

Thanks in advance for the reply
No don't use the logo it's just there to promote the thread, no restrictions on text or fonts
Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatTom-3DT! Thank you:
wasiq (31-03-2011)
Old 31-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #92
wasiq

thanks tom for the reply. one more thing... it says in the brief to submit our final work in a thread which does not exist at the moment.
will this thread be created on the date of submission? if so...
do we only submit our final work in that thread and not in our WIP thread?
wasiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 11:36 PM   #93
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
it would be a bad thing to post your final work in your wip thread, as well as in the Final Entry thread.

Keep your eyes open for the final entry thread, it should be up soon.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatBiG ToE-3DT! Thank you:
wasiq (01-04-2011)
Old 01-04-2011, 06:28 AM   #94
wasiq

thankyou big tow appreciate it a lot
wasiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #95
Fri94

Had to sign up for this good luck to everyone and thanks for hosting the awesome comp
Fri94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #96
nano.uk

can I put my real name or just my 3dtotal user in the billing block? also, can I put my website in it?

PS: "fonts must be credited to their creators" Where? in the poster? or in the wip thread?

thanks
nano.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:30 AM   #97
grapix

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 2
Uhhh it's getting close, any chance for deadline extension
grapix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #98
TKSDeadly

A lil bit of deadline extension will be great any news if that possible?
Old 11-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #99
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKSDeadly View Post
I'm not sure, don't think its possible but will have a chat to the team tomorrow.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:06 PM   #100
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
final entries thread is there now.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #101
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by nano.uk View Post
can I put my real name or just my 3dtotal user in the billing block? also, can I put my website in it?

PS: "fonts must be credited to their creators" Where? in the poster? or in the wip thread?

thanks
3dtotal user name is fine for now, no website, credit in wip thread for now only

Thanks

Tom
Old 12-04-2011, 06:18 AM   #102
ipranawake
Compositor, Sri Lanaka.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
is it ok to do a landscape design in 40w X 27h ????
ipranawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #103
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKSDeadly View Post
OK lets give everyone a couple more days, the new deadline is

Monday 18th April 12.00 midday GMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipranawake View Post
is it ok to do a landscape design in 40w X 27h ????
sorry brief states standard movie poster ratio of 27w 40h
Old 12-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #104
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
Total Awards: 8
ooh, I might come back into this, been very busy but a few days might just cut it
Tarik2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:50 PM   #105
elgama

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 2
Suggestion: the entry submission thread should be formatted so it could actually be viewed without extreme zooming out and high loading times.

- A small preview of the poster 800x570
- Wip image preview 800x570
- A link for the highres image
- A link for the wip image
- Original wip thread

Hope this helps!
elgama is offline   Reply With Quote