>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > After the Smoke Clears - Jan 2010 > After the Smoke Clears - Speed Modelling

Old 05-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
DainR

SMC M#03 - DainR - All Terrain Armoured Vehicle - Forsaken

I won't have a good concept drawing this time. I'll probably end up doing a paint over type of thing in Photoshop later to develop my idea. I'm going to go with the lonesome anti-hero. I'm thinking of something similar to the Punisher movie, where he takes a car and modifies it to his needs. This will be a somewhat modern car. This is going off of how the 40 year old car stored in the barn runs perfectly even though it's only had 5,000 miles put on it during the year it was made. So, the driver of this newly modified vehicle would be the son of a deceased Ford factory worker. Being a man that stood by American made products, he of course has a Ford truck in the barn for hauling cargo. The son, being like his father, had ample knowledge of vehicles and could build anything if he put his mind to it. So he took this vehicle and modified it to fit war and scavenging needs. I was kind of thinking of Resident Evil: Extinction scavenging style. Since it's in the future, I figured a diesel truck would work with all of the unleaded fuel being consumed by the masses.

So, I'm going to take a 70's Ford truck as a base reference and put on some plate armor on it. Rivet on some bulletproof glass windows and weld on some crazy weapons for good measure. I was thinking that the truck already had a lift kit, big duel chimney exhaust kit, full hood brush guard, rear bumper guard, nerf bars, off-road light setup, etc. Whatever I can fit into 240 minutes. This is going to be my favorite challenge yet, I love modeling vehicles.

Hopefully I can get to work on this as soon as I come back from class

Most recent update:
Attached Images

Last edited by DainR; 05-01-2010 at 08:56 PM..
DainR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
DainR

I did a quick thing in photoshop to get a general idea of what I want. My dad just took that picture for me today I want it to look kind of like sheets of metal were cut and bolted on to the truck to give it the armor. When I start modeling, I'll do the body first and post it.

And of course it needs some type of plow on the front... Forgot to add that.

If you couldn't tell, I just watched Gran Turino a couple nights ago, so my story is most likely heavily influenced by it :P

Last edited by DainR; 05-01-2010 at 09:39 PM..
Old 31-01-2010, 01:23 AM   #3
DainR

Getting a late start... Made the tire and wheel though. I don't really like the bolt texture at the moment.
Attached Images

Old 31-01-2010, 05:12 AM   #4
DainR

Didn't have time for rivets and a bunch of other stuff. Now I have to unwrap this beast...
Attached Images

Old 31-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #5
DainR

Final Entry
Dain Rochowiak
W.I.P. Thread
Attached Images