>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > After the Smoke Clears - Jan 2010 > After the Smoke Clears - Speed Modelling

Old 27-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
RoDr1
Digital Artist

Send a message via MSN to RoDr1
Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
SMC M#3- RoDr1- AP-TP Walker

Hi there guys!!
here is my piece: an AP-TP from Star Wars Ep 5.
i hope u like it

Software: 3d Max 2010
Time: Full Time
Attached Images

RoDr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
bakuryu06

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 1st Place SMC #91 Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #03 After the Smoke Clears 
Total Awards: 3
Very nice model! Just one thing though... does this really constitute as a All Terrain key word vehicle? I mean it is something that is already created.
bakuryu06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 10:25 PM   #3
JAPO

Send a message via ICQ to JAPO
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge!  
Lieutenant RoDR1. You are to report to Lord Vader on board of his ISD Garret. Your shuttle is waiting. I have been informed it concerns your wrong identification of Imperial vehicle AT-PT (All Terrain Personal Transport).

Oh yes, your next of kin have already been informed.

very nice model

ps...
AT-AT is All Terrain Assault Transport (the walker from Episode V)
AT-ST is All Terrain Scout Transport (bipedal walker from Episode VI)
AT-PT is All Terrain Personal Transport (from no episode, but appeared in one SW game and is listed in that SW vehicles guide book I have. Those small walkers acting as support of AT-ATs in battle of Hoth are actually AT-STs)

I should end here, or you find out how deep my nerdness runs.

Last edited by JAPO; 27-01-2010 at 10:51 PM..
JAPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #4
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
Total Awards: 8
NICE work
Tarik2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 10:44 PM   #5
RoDr1
Digital Artist

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Sorry JAPO, the name is, as you write before, AT-PT.
Are u sure that this model doesn´t show in Ep V?
cause at this moment i thing it does, but i´m not really sure...
my memory is a mess...
Old 27-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #6
RoDr1
Digital Artist

Awards Showcase
Last render for today:
Attached Images

Old 27-01-2010, 11:13 PM   #7
JAPO

Send a message via ICQ to JAPO
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge!  
I am sure its not there. I actually checked if it does not appear in the remastered version, but it doesnt. At least not on battle of Hoth. There are only 2 scenes featuring other imperial walker than AT-AT and those are both AT-STs. In this episode they are walking very fast compared to Return of the Jedi, and the walk is more confident compared to the chicken walk in episode 6, so it is a possible reason for confusing those walkers. I take it AT-PT has been designed after the original trilogy either for TV series, or as a visual representation of walkers appearing in the books by Timothy Zahn (didnt read those). After all, there are many Star Wars vehicles fans take for granted, while they never made appearence in any of the films. For example imperial Interdictor Cruisers, Vicory Class Star Destroyer, TIE Advanced, or Z-95 Headhunter.

As for qualifying with the rules, I think this one is all terrain all right. You may have problem with weaponry, as AT-PT has no long range weapon. Only the twin laser for close encounters. Its ineffective against armored targets. After all AT-PT is sort of an armored jeep for one, maximum 2 people. But do not worry. This is awesome model.

And dont be sorry. Lord Vader does not like to see weakness. Hey, if hes in good mood, you may end up guarding wookie slaves in Kessel mines

Last edited by JAPO; 27-01-2010 at 11:21 PM..
JAPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 11:58 PM   #8
RoDr1
Digital Artist

Awards Showcase
Wow, u really know a lot about this stuff!!!!
whether this model can not participate nothing happens, what matters is how much fun it was and how much i learned doing it.
there will be revenge ...
next month!!!

P.D:if someone could clarify this would be helpful.