>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 24-06-2008, 07:12 AM   #661
pap87

Here's the final update of Asterix. I've pulled down the moustache as far as the geometry around it will permit. Thanks to those that suggested it, and also thanks so much for all the positive feedback on the sculpt.

By the way, good luck to all! There have been some outstanding sculpts here so far.

EDIT: Dope I am, forgot to upload the pic!
Attached Images

pap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 09:19 AM   #662
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathe View Post
Sigh, can a mod please sort out nellemento's 46 final submissions
Don't worry Sathe, we got this.
Old 24-06-2008, 02:31 PM   #663
Sandpiper
It's for the children...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 10
Porky Pig

I did my entry last night and never had a chance to post any wip, but here's my final entry - Porky Pig.

This was my first time to do a speed challenge. It was quite a whirlwind of fun and a great challenge to clock yourself with 4 hours.

I hope to enter more in the future!

Jesse
Attached Images

Sandpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 04:00 PM   #664
chrisskinner

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Great work everybody!

Sorry I just had to write something here so that I can vote...
chrisskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 04:07 PM   #665
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisskinner View Post
Great work everybody!

Sorry I just had to write something here so that I can vote...
Sandpiper. Fab job on Porky Pig. Props for the real-world twist.

Pap. Looks beautiful dude.

chrisskinner - Sorry man, doesn't work that way. You either have to have 50 posts or have to have submitted an entry to the comp yourself to be eligible to vote. Sucks. But I don't think it's fair for us to make exceptions here.
Old 29-06-2008, 12:28 AM   #666
Sethos21

Send a message via Yahoo to Sethos21
Late, but had to do it

I know the deadline passed but this challenge prompted me to try my first speed sculpting challenge. I'm new at sculpting with Zbrush but as the saying goes, there's no time like the present, right? So, here it is, my first attempt at it. Apocalypse in three hours and forty five minutes. I could use any pointers. And look forward to getting involved more. Thanks 3dtotal/Threedy for getting me off my butt and back into art.

Sethos21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:07 AM   #667
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
Sorry I missed this Sethos. You should definitely come on board with some of the other challenges. It's amazing how fast you learn.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:29 PM   #668
manny

eka great yubaba its awesome i think your model is awesome you nailed her. great great job. very nice
Old 02-08-2008, 02:41 PM   #669
manny

donshole great sculpt my friend you just made me want to watch the whole series again. very nice.