>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 27-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #16
mike_k

Another cool topic. Gonna be an interesting one again I think :P Time to get thinking!
Old 27-05-2008, 07:12 PM   #17
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
bgen - beautiful start already and impressive for 42 mins love the style you're going fo

CG.
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 09:14 PM   #18
NeoGeo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
yay sculpting challenge here some eye candy
50 min so far
Attached Images

NeoGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 09:15 PM   #19
katana

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 

ObJ file....

Can we detach a part of the mesh and reattach it elsewhere to make the sculpt easier? I figure as long as it's the same mesh, it shouldn't make a difference...
katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 09:25 PM   #20
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
katana, this hasn't been brought up before, and even though you're right it is the same base mesh, I wouldn't really agree with detaching-moving-reattaching, because it's something that most other people won't do, and we've got the whole "advantage" thing going again.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 09:47 PM   #21
Intervain

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Goblin mechanic made it to the frontpage! 
sure sounds like lots of fun again! will definitely find those 4 hours
Old 27-05-2008, 10:16 PM   #22
NeoGeo

Awards Showcase
last one for today gtg to bed

oops correction 1 h 52 min
Attached Images

Last edited by NeoGeo; 27-05-2008 at 10:44 PM..
NeoGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #23
katana

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespace-3DT View Post
katana, this hasn't been brought up before, and even though you're right it is the same base mesh, I wouldn't really agree with detaching-moving-reattaching, because it's something that most other people won't do, and we've got the whole "advantage" thing going again.
Ok...maybe I can extremely pull it, so that I have as little waste as possible...
katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 02:02 AM   #24
MGery
Pancake Crusher

Send a message via AIM to MGery
Getting started is the toughest challenge I think. After that, it's nothing but fun!

My Website
MGery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 03:03 AM   #25
pap87

Yes! This is gonna be awesome! Think I might try something strogg-ish like in quake.
pap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 03:09 AM   #26
AA-ron
Double-A

Heres what I have so far, not easy pushing all those points around. I think Im about 30 minutes in. My Super Soldier is going to have some gnarly bulky and chunky armour Id say the Starcraft Terran Marine was a heavy influence in this...hopefully I can do idea and sculpt justice!
Attached Images

AA-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 03:15 AM   #27
ibru

Send a message via Yahoo to ibru
nice start bgen!!
ibru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 04:46 AM   #28
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
cool
i am thinking on the lines of friezas henchmen or may be goku as a commando.

well heres a request for the masters ,if u think u can then please someone try the crysis soldier. iwould love to see that thing hi res.
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 05:02 AM   #29
gumby666

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Supersoldier

Is this limited to modern/futuristic soldiers? Was thinking of doing something historic but all posts seem to be future focussed. Couldn't see any rules to say I can't do a historic supersoldier but just thought I'd check before I kick off my sculpting.
gumby666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 05:44 AM   #30
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
gumby666: The theme probably has a sci-fi focus, but I don't find it wrong if you try something historic. Go for it!

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
challenge, sculpt, speed, supersoldier