>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 07-08-2008, 06:38 PM   #31
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgen View Post
awsome - i am i big pirate fan since the old school computer game "Monkey Island"
- arrrr ya scummbags - there is a three headed monkey behind you !!!.
great starts from you both ,slangford and MonteCristo.

here my first wip. barrly scratched 1hr.mark
Oh no! LeChuck!

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:12 PM   #32
L3XICON
3d Artist

Send a message via MSN to L3XICON
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime style'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 8
LeChuck! lol so who's gonna be the one to sculpt Guybrush to combat the undead menace?
L3XICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:23 PM   #33
ianchaos
Keep me from the rats.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art ''goofy gun'' 
Total Awards: 2
Alright...I'm about 3 hours in and here's what I've got.

I've still got one of the boxes left to work with. Used one box for his peg, one box for his cane and one eye for his hat.

I haven't done any work on his arms yet, so if I've got time after that and posing him, I might use the last box to make an eye patch.

ianchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:57 PM   #34
slangford
Mover of Verts

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #9 - 2nd Place 
ianchaos.. good start but you might want to spend alittle more time on the main portion rather than the props. Gather up some 'fat guy' references and take a stab at reworking the pecs and stomach. I think it would help alot.

Man I love this challenge!!! Heres mine at 4 hrs
Attached Images

Last edited by slangford; 08-08-2008 at 01:36 AM..
slangford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:40 PM   #35
Daye
aka Nehumanuscrede

Send a message via Yahoo to Daye
Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: SMC # 27 - Air Fresheners - Second Place Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: SMC # 28 - Juke Box - Second Place Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3XICON View Post
LeChuck! lol so who's gonna be the one to sculpt Guybrush to combat the undead menace?
Hehe. Were my thoughts as well
Old 08-08-2008, 01:16 PM   #36
Pedro Toledo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challeng  #007: 'Pirates - Past, Present & Future Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 5
This is a much better mesh for this purpose.I was always finding myself fighting the edge loops on the previous one.

Anyways, here is my first wip. I still don't know if I'm going for a past or future pirate... Thoughts?

2:30 hrs.
Attached Images

Manufato
Pedro Toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:37 PM   #37
M3N7H0L5
eatin' ain't cheatin'

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
awesome,pedro!the gravity effect is cool!best 1 so far
Old 08-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #38
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
Fantastic work, Pedro! He actually looks "piratey" even without any decoration or clothing! Very nice start, looking forward to seeing more from you. Keep up the great work everyone!!
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:30 PM   #39
cojoMan

Send a message via Yahoo to cojoMan
@slangford : she sure does floats my boat
nice work
Old 08-08-2008, 06:38 PM   #40
slangford
Mover of Verts

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #9 - 2nd Place 
Thanks Cojo!

So I have to be honest... I ran out of time before I could finish the arms, so they are still pretty bad. I think Im going to take another shot at this challenge since there is so much time left. I would like to try for a 'complete' one with more character.
Attached Images

Last edited by slangford; 08-08-2008 at 08:10 PM..
slangford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:27 PM   #41
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Been a while since I've done a lady. Figured this was a good opportunity. Good excuse to take a break from my Joker too . 1:30 min.

Oops just noticed I had the perspective off. No wonder it looks so flat.

Last edited by Crispy4004; 08-08-2008 at 07:38 PM..
Crispy4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #42
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
There, much better. 2h 15 min.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:03 AM   #43
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Crispy, what is she holding in her right hand?

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:12 AM   #44
Loafie

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 1
looks like a hankie!
Loafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:47 AM   #45
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Yeah, it's a hanky. Thinking about changing it. Maybe a treasure map, idk. Wish I could do something like a rapier or dagger, but that'd be a bit of a stretch for the box. Then again slangford was able to make a gun.