>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 21-08-2008, 10:39 PM   #16
oddity
Banned.

I Grek - To be honest I find it hard to believe you did that detailed sculpt in 5 hours, but I'll trust you did The facial features could use some work, but the pose and cloth work are excellent.

II Pedro - it's a great quality sculpt, but I have problems with the concept. It's not logically consistent, since such a fat person could not have those sharply cut lean arms with protruding veins, and also a lot of the fat deposits are arbitrarily placed and don't make sense.

III MRP3D - Love the design. Would look great as a 3d print.
oddity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 04:49 AM   #17
JHarford
Director@Airship

Send a message via MSN to JHarford
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Posting a video in the Sculpting thread The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My skateboard model was featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Whipslash bane featured on top row The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Female thread up on plug bar The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Rick whipslash bane was on the top row of the forums The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 11
Oddity - why would you think grek didnt do it in 5 hours, it's hardly a detailed sculpt..:S Yours is more detailed and anatomically correct overall, and would take just as long. I'm still voting you first because I love it.

Pedro Toledo

Hope it's okay to just vote for two. Too many others tie for third IMO

*Edit by 3DT: Vote not counted due to only 2 votes, not three*

Last edited by Lynette-3dt; 28-08-2008 at 10:50 AM..
JHarford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 05:22 AM   #18
Pedro Toledo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challeng  #007: 'Pirates - Past, Present & Future The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 5
Oddity - Very well done. I don't dig the overall concept much... He doesn't seem to have much of a "piratey" attitude, but the sculpting is really nice.

Crispy4004 - I think her face looks a bit unfinished, and her left hand could probably be in a better pose, but I think you did a sensible work on her body.

Juhone - I really like the face you did. Nice lines.

Manufato
Pedro Toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 09:15 AM   #19
Dunric

Send a message via ICQ to Dunric Send a message via AIM to Dunric Send a message via MSN to Dunric
1.Pedro Toledo - Great sculpt , awesome gravity influence .
2.WildWire - Very clean , i just love it !
3.Sandpiper - I chose between Sandpiper and oddity . But nevertheless has chosen Sandpiper .
Dunric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 10:10 AM   #20
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Send a message via MSN to Neil_F01
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #61 -  
Total Awards: 9
1st: grek28 --- 2nd: pedro --- 3rd: slangford

*Edit by 3DT: Vote not counted due to post count under 50 and not a member for six months*

Last edited by Lynette-3dt; 28-08-2008 at 11:02 AM..
Neil_F01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 12:00 PM   #21
MRP3D

1st - oddity the idea is very simple with a wonderful sculpt, I like it very much.
2nd - Pedro Toledo nice concept, but I would like to see the arms with more fat
3rd - Abelion funny cartoon face
MRP3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 01:16 PM   #22
SeveredSon

1. grek28
2. Pedro Toledo
3. Crispy004

Lots of great entries. Can't wait til the next challenge.
SeveredSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #23
Milan

Send a message via Yahoo to Milan
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges no. 73 ''life on a farm'' 
Total Awards: 4
WildWire
Pedro Toledo
kazmamurat
Old 22-08-2008, 02:17 PM   #24
dyb3k

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: Won on Speed Animation challanges 'Fishing' 
Total Awards: 3
1. Pedro Toledo
2. slangford
3. SeveredSon

*Edit by 3DT: Vote not counted due to post count under 50 and member less than 6 months*

Last edited by Lynette-3dt; 28-08-2008 at 11:03 AM..
dyb3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 04:47 PM   #25
xxandrejxx

1. Pedro Toledo
2. SeveredSon
3. WildWire

*Edit by 3DT: Vote not counted due to post count under 50*

Last edited by Lynette-3dt; 28-08-2008 at 11:03 AM..
xxandrejxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #26
Helioz

1. oddity
2. Pedro Toledo
3. WildWire

*Edit by 3DT: Vote not counted due to post count under 50 and member less than 6 months*

Last edited by Lynette-3dt; 28-08-2008 at 11:04 AM..
Helioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 05:55 PM   #27
Stylus

1. WildWire
2. slangford
3. Sandpiper
Stylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2008, 07:24 AM   #28
capitan_popo
3d junkie

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature 
Total Awards: 1
1st Juhone love the style, awesome character
2nd WildWire awesome clean character as always great work
3rd GREk 28 like the character although a bit unfinished but thats why its a speed sculpting challange
Old 24-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #29
HighPolyBear

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 1
  1. Pedro Toledo
  2. Oddity
  3. Sandpiper
HighPolyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #30
WildWire

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #6 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #7 - 2nd Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place Sculpting Challenge #17 
Total Awards: 3
1. Crispy 4004

2. Abelion

3. Pedro Toledo

Honorary Mentions: Slangford, Sandpiper, Severed Son, Grek 28 and oddity.

The ideas and quality of the most sculpts are on the same level this time.
But the overall quality would be better and more interesting if there is more
time to improve pose and details. Five hours are ok for a bust with eyes but
for arms, hands, interesting pose and additional props it's too little.

Hopfully the mods think about this item for the next challenge.

Cheers

Ralf Stumpf
WildWire is offline   Reply With Quote