>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 22-10-2008, 12:00 PM   #16
silvaticus

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge No. 10 Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
Unfortunately I missed most of the previous sculpting challenges. No time.
I hope I can make something for this one. The pumpkin below was made in an hour(and it looks like one made in an hour).
Attached Images

silvaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 02:29 PM   #17
capitan_popo
3d junkie

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature 
Total Awards: 1
love the theme for this one!!! if I dont participate in this one I will shoot myself!!!!! I think we should stick to the halloween deadline, just because its jack-o-lanterns and it feels approriate for it to end in halloween, but on the other hand more poeple will probably participate if it goes on till the 5th, which would be cool 2, so haha not sure at the end hahahaha haha not much help
Old 22-10-2008, 03:11 PM   #18
engy27
Michael Engstrom

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My Fortress Giant was featured on the frontpage! 
Hey there,

Great entries so far!! Thought I would give it a blast, this took about an hour and a half.

engy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 04:20 PM   #19
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
great work everyone, i'm glad you're all getting stuck in! i'm even tempted to have a go myself - you guys are making it look like so much fun! hope to see more WIPs soon - keep 'em coming!

as for the deadline, I'm going to leave it set for Halloween as I think that's just rather cool. if for any reason it is felt that the deadline should be extended later on, I'll consider it next week and keep you guys updated. but for the meantime, keep working to Halloween as your deadline - not alot of time for this challenge, so don't leave it till tomorrow - sculpt now!
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 07:45 PM   #20
Jeriko

Send a message via ICQ to Jeriko
Here is mine five cents.
Attached Images

Jeriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 02:47 AM   #21
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 7
Well, here is mine. Sweet work every one.
Attached Images

M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 11:38 AM   #22
MadComputerUser
Call me Keeghan

Send a message via MSN to MadComputerUser
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
wow, nice stuff people, puts my work to shame... any way, i saw this post and decided to have a go and sign up to the forums. So i have spent about 2 hours on my model, its my first proper sculpt in blender(we can use program other than Zbrush and mud-box, right?) apart from the odd tutorial or 2. Enough ramblings, here's my pic(not great, but something)
Attached Images

Last edited by MadComputerUser; 23-10-2008 at 12:02 PM..
MadComputerUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #23
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
Quote:
(we can use program other than Zbrush and mud-box, right?)
Welcome to the forums, MadComputerUser!
This challenge is all about sculpting, so if you can sculpt in Blender (can you...? not sure - not too familiar with this software!) then all is OK. the easiest thing is if you tell us how you modelled your pumpkin and we can then say whether it's OK or not
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 08:42 PM   #24
MadComputerUser
Call me Keeghan

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
thanks, yes, blender has a quite powerful sculpt tool, with same tools Zbrush and mudbox have, move, magnify, textured brush(like Zbrushes alpha), draw, etc. So all i did was import the .obj into blender, apply multires, and start sculpting like in any other tool, sculpt, add detail level, sculpt etc.
Old 23-10-2008, 09:22 PM   #25
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
hey Madcomputeruser welcome good start, one suggestion that i have is when sculpting really try to free you mind (O and something is alway better then nothing)
Old 23-10-2008, 09:26 PM   #26
MadComputerUser
Call me Keeghan

Awards Showcase
hi, thanks. And i tried, lol i actually tried to do something similar to what you did, all evil kinda. I also thought of giving it horns, and making it a devil, but i couldn't manage it
Old 23-10-2008, 09:28 PM   #27
GMGraham

Leather Face style Pumpkin

Had to try something, I love halloween. I don't get much time outside of work to do things like this . Used Mudbox 2009, under 4 hours.

[IMG][/IMG]
GMGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #28
MadComputerUser
Call me Keeghan

Awards Showcase
wow, great pumpkin.
Old 24-10-2008, 12:10 AM   #29
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
sweet pumpkin Staleflesh.
Old 24-10-2008, 02:19 AM   #30
bryzol
Konrad Kielczykowski

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #8 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: I was second place in the Lost Jungle Sculpting Challenge (Amazon Warrior)Challenge. The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 4
And here is mine Jack. I've got one and a half hour to go, so maybe I will do something more with him... I hope you like it
Attached Images

bryzol is offline   Reply With Quote