>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > Matte Painting Challenges

Old 20-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #16
abaluta

Hi there I m in to.Very nice challenge!
good luck to everyone!
abaluta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2007, 06:40 PM   #17
Alletun

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 1
Nice. Count me in aswell
Alletun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2007, 07:18 PM   #18
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 3
eyecon> yes, you may remove the bike.
Suirebit-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 05:01 PM   #19
otas32

Send a message via ICQ to otas32 Send a message via MSN to otas32 Send a message via Yahoo to otas32
Ok, I'm gonna be a nag and add another question to the project specs...

It will be done for Christmas time, so... can we add stuff in accordance to the holiday season? Or at least some snow? I ask this because snow would also accumulate on rooftops. (I know, I've read the part about not modifying architecture, but I'm asking anyway)
Old 21-11-2007, 05:14 PM   #20
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
that's for another challenge, shush...you ruin the element of surprise
Old 21-11-2007, 05:18 PM   #21
eyecon
Matte what?

Send a message via Yahoo to eyecon
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a matte painting challenge! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge  Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
holy S***t! The masters are joining! This will be a definite challenge! Good luck to all!

My CGportfolio and Deviant
CGsociety Deviant

2008 Mattepainting Reel : HIGH RES Low Res
eyecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 11:55 AM   #22
Berseker

oups, can we get a definite answer for the snow.
Berseker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 12:00 PM   #23
Nocturn8
Ssssshhh!

Send a message via Yahoo to Nocturn8
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Matte Painting Second Place - Underwater Ruins Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: inner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge ''SMC 68 A place to hide:'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge 'Weight for it.'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the New SMC's - 028 - Music to your ea Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb green?'' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 12
what the:

Suirebit-3DT

i'm really sorry with the Christmas bit thing. did'nt read it before i submitted my WIP. guess that's a cue to stop aint it? anyway, thanks for the challenge and it's a real nice one.
Nocturn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 12:04 PM   #24
Nocturn8
Ssssshhh!

Send a message via Yahoo to Nocturn8
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Matte Painting Second Place - Underwater Ruins Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: inner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge ''SMC 68 A place to hide:'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge 'Weight for it.'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the New SMC's - 028 - Music to your ea Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb green?'' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 12
Unhappy what to do now?

Suirebit-3DT

i'm really hoping to continue with the challenge. thanks
Nocturn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 01:05 PM   #25
Berseker

i supposed that adding snow would be ok as it doenst change the architecture, what will it be suirebit??
Berseker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 01:22 PM   #26
eyecon
Matte what?

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a matte painting challenge! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge  Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
sorry guys, i'll speak in behalf of suirebit, since I did see his response to the same query...

The snow is not allowed, and I guess that might include your lights Nocturn8, but I guess you have to ask suirebit about that.

I'm pretty excited about this! But I can't do anything not after december 10... so good luck to all!

CGsociety Deviant

Old 22-11-2007, 01:46 PM   #27
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
the topic is day to night, not season change - this will be the topic of another challenge so no snow, mkay?

But don't worry, you'll be able to paint snow pretty soon if you want it so much (maybe even at the next challenge )

Nocturn8> you may continue with those lights. Artificial lights are actually a requirement and those xmas decorations can be considered to fall under this category

Last edited by Suirebit-3DT; 22-11-2007 at 01:58 PM..
Old 22-11-2007, 01:51 PM   #28
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
Important: The winners will get the opportunity to publish on-site and in the magazine a making of article (if they want to). Considering this, please keep wips if you intend to create such an article.
Old 22-11-2007, 03:22 PM   #29
eyecon
Matte what?

Awards Showcase
wow! thats cool suirebit! Is that applicable to the previous challanges too or is it going to start on this one? I would surelly love to read a few tutorials of some of the Mattes submitted...

CGsociety Deviant

Old 22-11-2007, 03:29 PM   #30
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
starting now