>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > Matte Painting Challenges

Old 22-11-2007, 04:12 PM   #31
Nocturn8
Ssssshhh!

Send a message via Yahoo to Nocturn8
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Matte Painting Second Place - Underwater Ruins Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: inner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge ''SMC 68 A place to hide:'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge 'Weight for it.'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the New SMC's - 028 - Music to your ea Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb green?'' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 12
Talking Artificial Lights

Yay! thanks.
Nocturn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 07:48 PM   #32
arkantos_cg
Monem

i have a question.... if i add some little parts to the building, will it consider as a changes in the main structure or is it ok? (like fire holders, lamps, something like this)

thanks
arkantos_cg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 08:30 PM   #33
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 3
Try to use what's in there. If you really must you may add a lamp here and there, but I prefer not to.
Suirebit-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 11:39 PM   #34
everlite

Hey guys, does anyone recognise where this church is located? what part of the world it sits in?

Thanks, Dave.
Old 23-11-2007, 01:49 AM   #35
eyecon
Matte what?

Send a message via Yahoo to eyecon
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a matte painting challenge! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge  Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
everlite: if you ever find which church this is please tell me, i'm looking for it too...

My CGportfolio and Deviant
CGsociety Deviant

2008 Mattepainting Reel : HIGH RES Low Res
eyecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 07:42 AM   #36
Yona
Registered User ++

Ok, after a very long search, I found what church this is - The Church of St Catherine, in Vilnius, Lithuania!
So far I only found pictures from diffrent angles, like this one: LINK But no images show what's around it...
I did find a picture of it at night though, which is pretty cool ANOTHER LINK
Yona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 02:06 PM   #37
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
hey don't cheat (PS: as you can see in that photo, the oranges are still there *hint* *hint* )
Old 23-11-2007, 02:32 PM   #38
eyecon
Matte what?

Send a message via Yahoo to eyecon
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a matte painting challenge! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge  Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Talking

thanks Yona and suirebit for the HINT HAHAHAHAHAH!

My CGportfolio and Deviant
CGsociety Deviant

2008 Mattepainting Reel : HIGH RES Low Res
eyecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 09:44 PM   #39
everlite

Well done Batman How did you manage to come up with the name? i found another:

http://www.pbase.com/lithuania/image/84274866
Old 24-11-2007, 02:39 AM   #40
RQuack

Great contest idea, sounds like fun and great practice. and away I go!
RQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2007, 06:03 PM   #41
arkantos_cg
Monem

another question: may i adjust the dimensions of the image or i must use it as is? sorry for my questions but it is my first time to join this competition.
arkantos_cg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2007, 01:54 PM   #42
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
it's your problem how you use the image as long as you follow the rules and deliver a final of at least 1280 px for web and full size for magazine
Old 27-11-2007, 08:59 AM   #43
arkantos_cg
Monem

last question: where can i post my finished work? in this thread or where?
Old 27-11-2007, 06:19 PM   #44
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
FINAL IMAGES thread:

http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread...336#post592336

Last edited by Suirebit-3DT; 27-11-2007 at 06:31 PM..
Old 30-11-2007, 12:03 PM   #45
stephendm
That's me!

Hey Suirebit,

I hope to and might actually get time for this one since the deadline is still a few weeks away. As usual though, I have a question...

Can the perspective (camera distortion) be straightened and fixed - this wouldn't be changing the architecture at all so I want to be sure...can you confirm if it's ok or not to straighten?

I can't really see this being used in a film at this distorted angle - imagine someone walking over to the door on the left...the further away from the camera they get, the more slanted they would be walking - it just wouldn't be right at all...pretty funny though! (unless, of course, it was for a film where odd perspective was wanted...but since we didn't get any kind of brief on the 'imaginery film' this is for, I don't know!)

I'll do my best to enter either way but just so I know where to start..

Cheers

Stephen