>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > Matte Painting Challenges

Old 01-04-2009, 10:15 PM   #31
jfmgraphics
Generic User Title

I don't have the time to do any more work on mine, and I rushed it to get something entered before the 31st.

In the interest of fairness, I think we all had the same deadline. However, in the interest of having more entries I guess it makes sense to extend.
jfmgraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:50 AM   #32
eyecon
Matte what?

Send a message via Yahoo to eyecon
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a matte painting challenge! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge  Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
as for me (I will hate myself for this) do not want this prolonged. I think it will be unfair to those who rushed their work and really took the time to finish it. But whatever the general consensus would be then that would be great. And if its extended, then I may be able to send my entry.

My CGportfolio and Deviant
CGsociety Deviant

2008 Mattepainting Reel : HIGH RES Low Res
eyecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:36 AM   #33
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 3
That's why I called for a vote, so for now there are 3 for extending and 2 for not.
Suirebit-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #34
eyecon
Matte what?

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a matte painting challenge! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge  Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
No problem suirebit... that was a good call you made. And I (though I was not favorable to it) am glad that it will be extended. Deep inside I wanted it to be extended

CGsociety Deviant

Old 02-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #35
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Ok, I'm prologing this until April 10th. To make this fair, those who got their entries ready on time will receive a bonus prize and may edit their entries further until then.

Looking forward to more entries (hopefully)

I mean come on guys...it depends on you whether we will have more challenges in the future or not...The plan was to have in the future an uber challenge sponsored by nvidia and others, but if we have such low participation, it will be done for other techniques and not matte painting

Last edited by Suirebit-3DT; 02-04-2009 at 01:28 PM..
Old 02-04-2009, 02:07 PM   #36
thee

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
sorry i was on vacation, hope to complete my entry soon.
Thee
thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #37
eyecon
Matte what?

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suirebit-3DT View Post
Ok, I'm prologing this until April 10th. To make this fair, those who got their entries ready on time will receive a bonus prize and may edit their entries further until then.

Looking forward to more entries (hopefully)

I mean come on guys...it depends on you whether we will have more challenges in the future or not...The plan was to have in the future an uber challenge sponsored by nvidia and others, but if we have such low participation, it will be done for other techniques and not matte painting
Really? DAng! Okay! I'll get into drawing now!

CGsociety Deviant

Old 02-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #38
MatejaPetkovic

i am here...

.... to suport this

M
MatejaPetkovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:21 PM   #39
kaustavsinha

Send a message via ICQ to kaustavsinha Send a message via AIM to kaustavsinha Send a message via MSN to kaustavsinha Send a message via Yahoo to kaustavsinha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suirebit-3DT View Post
Hi Suirebit,

NVidia-sponsored Challenge? That's great! Plz guys, come-on, participate in large numbers & make this future challenge possible!

I assure you Suirebit, you'll surely have my entry for this future challenge (though I dunno how good my entry will be )! I just love the art of Digital Matte Painting very much & Challenges! Can't see it not getting priority!

www.imdb.com/name/nm3457720

"Let's Paint The World With Peace"
kaustavsinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:52 PM   #40
jfmgraphics
Generic User Title

Well April 10th is good. I might have some time to do some additional work on mine. Either way, it's my first time entering a contest like this, so I'm not expecting much.
jfmgraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:52 PM   #41
voil

Hi my name is Przemysław Drzewicki and I'm from Poland.
This is my first challenge in this site and I had a lot of fun when I do this image.
All picture was create in photoshop 7. It take my a one week to finish image.
This is my WIP thread : http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=65392
and the fullsize picture (day) : http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2291/morningday.jpg,
and night : http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2310/morningnight.jpg.

Last edited by voil; 04-04-2009 at 09:40 PM..
voil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:32 PM   #42
MatejaPetkovic

to voil

I see wip, but i can't see those hi res images

M
MatejaPetkovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #43
eyecon
Matte what?

Awards Showcase
to voil, same here... no hi-res images for me to see... can you repost

CGsociety Deviant

Old 08-04-2009, 03:22 AM   #44
kaustavsinha

Send a message via ICQ to kaustavsinha Send a message via AIM to kaustavsinha Send a message via MSN to kaustavsinha Send a message via Yahoo to kaustavsinha
Hi Suirebit,

I've updated my Final Entry! Can you kindly have a look at it & tell me weather the gate is now alright or not?

www.imdb.com/name/nm3457720

"Let's Paint The World With Peace"
kaustavsinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:36 PM   #45
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
kaustav it's ok now

eyecon we're waiting for you! :P