>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Animation

Old 12-12-2005, 11:57 PM   #46
R7 Productions

Well I'm actually more experienced in props using 3D Max but i started doin some organic modeling lately using Maya after I finished the Maya course. I'll send u some of my stuff and u tell me wat u think ok?
can i have ur mail again plz.?
my mail is crazysoul2@hotmail.com
R7 Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 07:39 AM   #47
Holo
Rusty Wireframe

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
I think maybee the best thing to do would be for me to model the entire Matte, Buildings/Mountains/Grass etc...im trying to think realistically here, and i cant see anyone doing a realistic Matte painting in a reasonable short amount of time.
Its very maticulous, and time consuming work, and even the pro's can take months to complete one.

let me know what you think, i can do preety much all the fire/smoke effects as well as a Dramatic looking Dark Sky.

either way, ill keep you posted here, ill work on some test animations in the meantime.

*Lightwave User*
Holo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 10:30 PM   #48
RickStefani
delinquent account

Most pros do not "paint" matte paintings much anymore either. They are photos, renders and then paint. the paint is really just to pull the elements together and to make small changes. They just hold their name from the original guoache paintings that were done on set. You live in a beautiful part of Canada. Get the dig camera out and go take some photos at early dawn and dusk. As for the area they are going for, you are very close in enviroment.
Old 14-12-2005, 03:38 AM   #49
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 4
Holo, Rick is right and he gave you a good ideea. Indeed, most of the matte paintings are pictures and renders. I saw 'tho some gnomon videos with a matte worked from the ground up and was an impresive thing. You say it can take months? I say it can be done in hours or days the most. As I sayd, the burning and smoke effect will be rendered and added as a layer in AfterFX. All we really need is a really good sky. So, can you try yourself on a really good sky?
"There will be a time when heroes will be diminished and the great glory of Man shall be just a dim star reflected in fading waters of time, when no life nor sacrifice shall be required for the honor of such title, but just the empty banner of a victory."

Locarn D'Arcy, Master Paladin, last Avatar
"Of Heroes and their passing"

www.avatarart.com
http://www.avatarart.com/shards/
Avatar-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2005, 04:25 AM   #50
Ilkejav mk5
Marquis of Montréal.

Send a message via MSN to Ilkejav mk5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar-3DT
Well, I'm the only 2d guy in my team so far but that doesn't soped me
Hey, I'm reasonably good at pencil-drawing, and I'd love to contribute in any way. So if you ever need some complimentary art, or maybe some photoshop matte paintings, or even just a different perspective in terms of concept art, please let me know.
Ilkejav mk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2005, 07:46 AM   #51
Buzzy
Quadcore

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DomWar4 work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: 'Bronze Age Barbarian' was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Starlet thread was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge 
Total Awards: 11
Awesome thread so far guys. I'd be glad to help with animation and rigging when you get that far. If you want to look at some of my animation tests, go to my website here Click ME

The concepts and characters you have are great. I think it'd be a ton of fun to animate undead characters....I've never tried it before but I think it'd be a good challenge.
Buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2005, 01:14 PM   #52
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Ilkejav, you have experience both in 3d and photoshop. So what would you say if I would propose you to give us a hand with the textures? Its gonna be a challenge, hm?
Buzzy, I know your animations. Yes, sure you would be welcomed aboard, especially since would be an adventure to pass from cartoony animation to something more realistic. But aldo different as style, its obviously you have the skills so will be fun.
"There will be a time when heroes will be diminished and the great glory of Man shall be just a dim star reflected in fading waters of time, when no life nor sacrifice shall be required for the honor of such title, but just the empty banner of a victory."

www.avatarart.com
Old 14-12-2005, 09:34 PM   #53
Josiah
Aka: Joser

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 5
Man....what a team you guys have here

Good luck!!

Josiah

---------------------------
----------------------------------
-----------------------------------------
omfg ps3 is teh w1n

Yeah. It says in the Bible to only judge an opinion by its production value.
I'm shutting it down. Like some kinda...thread stopping ninja.

-----------------------------------------
----------------------------------
---------------------------
Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2005, 02:00 PM   #54
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
The best of the best.

www.avatarart.com
Old 16-12-2005, 06:06 AM   #55
Ilkejav mk5
Marquis of Montréal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar-3DT
Ilkejav, you have experience both in 3d and photoshop. So what would you say if I would propose you to give us a hand with the textures? Its gonna be a challenge, hm?
Help with the textures eh? having worked without the 3dtotal textures CDs for some time, i've learned to use my camera and google a lot, and texturing has never been my favorite part of 3d... but i'm more than willing to give it a go, sound like a good challenge... And I'm happy to contribute to this project in any way...
Old 18-12-2005, 05:01 PM   #56
frostsnake

This is soo cool! I saw this half bodied undead on another thread, and it looks amasing. This would be really cool to join.
frostsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2005, 11:36 PM   #57
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
TIC-TAC, TIC-TAC - Two days untill the first big upate on what's done so far. So gather around boys and girlz. Ilkejav, Buzzy, still waiting an answer from you guys. Check the PM.

www.avatarart.com
Old 19-12-2005, 01:23 AM   #58
Ilkejav mk5
Marquis of Montréal.

um I did answer you know... did you get my PM?
Old 21-12-2005, 08:08 AM   #59
R.Kamal

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
wow...This is going to be so awesome!cheers
Old 21-12-2005, 02:07 PM   #60
OnyxIdol
Geek and proud of it

Send a message via ICQ to OnyxIdol
Can't wait to see it finished!