>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 17-02-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
L3XICON
3d Artist

Send a message via MSN to L3XICON
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime style'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 8
DWIII - 3d - L3xicon - Goliath Of Nature

here are the final sheets to be submitted. I will submit tonight, so If any of you guys see any glaring errors or problems please let me know!

winning sheet:

beauty sheet:

construction sheet:

texture sheet:

concept sheet:

Last edited by L3XICON; 11-04-2008 at 12:24 PM..
L3XICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #2
L3XICON
3d Artist

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime style'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
ok, playing around with concept ideas, so hopefully have some stuff to show real soon. for now to put something in an empty thread.... here's what I have so far... a head ;p
Attached Images

Old 17-02-2008, 06:01 PM   #3
L3XICON
3d Artist

Awards Showcase
ok, so with this current concept I am moving towards a warrior priest / templar kind of design. want to choose soon which 'power' he has, as it could drastically alter the design ;p will see were it takes me

thoughts about a back story for the character are starting to develop also. I want the armour to be rusted old metal. a suit of armour that has been handed down from warrior to warrior throughout the decades. perhaps with traces of the ancient technology now destroyed (flaking paint / symbols etc)

any thoughts or suggestions would be gladly welcomed
Attached Images

Old 17-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #4
NeoGeo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
epic artwork gazillion stars
NeoGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #5
markus_omega
certified madman

awsome. i love it. i make me think of the warrior priest from warhammer. those guys are freaking awsome.

keep it up i cant wait to see more.
markus_omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 06:14 PM   #6
L3XICON
3d Artist

Awards Showcase
lol NeoGeo thanks

aye markus_omega can't lie and say I'm not using the warhammer priests as a large part of the insperation they are awesome, and browsing the internet for general ideas, I came across an awe inspiring picture of one. so with other elements I want to do, it is in there too
Old 17-02-2008, 06:38 PM   #7
Fenixy
Threedy Spy Master

Send a message via ICQ to Fenixy Send a message via MSN to Fenixy
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge #17 The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: The Sculpting Challenge # 18 Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art #18, well done! 
Total Awards: 4
warhammer style, awsome! you will be our healer on bettle fields
Fenixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 06:44 PM   #8
Robbiek1000
Glatinum

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 6
Ahhhh, Warhammer, very nice. Yeah I most definitely get that feeling with I look at it. Concepts lookin' pretty good so far...I love the detail!

"Wait, your in Canada?"

www.robbiek1000.com
Robbiek1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 07:57 PM   #9
L3XICON
3d Artist

Awards Showcase
hmmm the 3dt blues kinda clash with the red of the armour lol.. any ideas if it has been finally decided on logo and colours for team?

should I change the red armour colour to blue maybe?
Attached Images

Old 17-02-2008, 08:14 PM   #10
lampshadehead
<B>BOLD</B>

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
This is awesome. He really looks battle hardened/weathered. Keep it up!
lampshadehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 08:31 PM   #11
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
I think the forums colors will stay the way the webpage shows them, but the way you have that Threedy triangle thing works for me. You could always use a blue glow on any glow stuff you might have, incase you think you need a more threedy feel.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 08:53 PM   #12
Perversonality
Nick/Spud/Spudmonkey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: or Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' 
You horribly talented swine! Nice work
Perversonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 08:53 PM   #13
bb0x
Artificial Soundwave

Send a message via MSN to bb0x
afaik youcould changethe color of the logo. The logo just has to be the same shape and stuff.

Looks cool i like the concept so far!
Old 17-02-2008, 09:17 PM   #14
L3XICON
3d Artist

Awards Showcase
hey guys, thanks for the comments

bbox I think I may do just that and change he logo colour, but keep the shield colour at least similiar to how it is )

BiG ToE Great idea, I was leaning towards the artifact weapon being a kind of flanged mace, with a glowing crystal between the flanges. great place to add some of the 3dt colours there :P
Old 17-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #15
katana

Awards Showcase
I think move the red hue over to a more deep purple/ crimson blend...then you'll be able to blend the Threedy blue into the purple...
katana is offline   Reply With Quote