>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 17-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #16
omnicypher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
its comming along great, it has alot of character and detail.
omnicypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 09:51 PM   #17
Tank[NL]
New goal: Platinum spam

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 3
l3xicon, damnit, stop owning at everything you do

looks awesome man. great detail and sweet vibe. great stuff.
Old 17-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #18
Incredibo

great concept so far. I'm looking forward to seeing the completed version and the 3d model should be sweet
Incredibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2008, 12:05 AM   #19
L3XICON
3d Artist

Send a message via MSN to L3XICON
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime style'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 8
thanks for comments guys, you are all being very kind

Tank[NL] lol, I wish i did

another update - still wip atm, but thinking more about smaller details while I continue to block in the main armour elements. wondering about ways to bring across the characters 'power' which is almost certainly going to be light / holy for this clericon character suggestions welcome
Attached Images

L3XICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2008, 12:15 AM   #20
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 14
Nice work bro. Really digging the way you got the logo into it.
Old 18-02-2008, 12:24 AM   #21
Tekei

Send a message via MSN to Tekei
Real nice!
Can't wait to see it in 3d.
Tekei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2008, 01:45 AM   #22
L3XICON
3d Artist

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime style'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
last update from me for the night. almost done, but just can't stay awake any longer!

thanks again for all your comments
Attached Images

Old 18-02-2008, 02:01 AM   #23
omnicypher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
very cool looking, the torso area seems a little thin, with that many layers of clothes it would probably puff out a bit more around the ribs. the belts could use a few more buckles, and you could always throw another 3DT symbol on the blue ****** cloth. i cant wait to see it modeled!
omnicypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2008, 02:15 AM   #24
akimba

Send a message via AIM to akimba
This is really looking good man! The color scheme is lookin good, try to incorporate more reds into his lower half too. Keep it goin!
akimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2008, 05:50 AM   #25
McKronic
Lighter/Compositor

Send a message via MSN to McKronic
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the Low-Poly Challenge #28B - Vehicle 
wow looking very cool, you got alot of details which make the character quite complex, I like

2009 Demo on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QaxYcy6VBI
McKronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2008, 05:54 AM   #26
anima3d
teh nabcake

Send a message via Yahoo to anima3d
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge week 38 ''triped'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge week 52 ''It's our birthday'' 
Total Awards: 5
just amazing. I wish i could draw like you
Old 18-02-2008, 06:03 AM   #27
killadee

very nice work indeed.
Old 18-02-2008, 06:36 AM   #28
Tank[NL]
New goal: Platinum spam

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
ok, i just showed your art to some of my classmates. they want to hit you....

looks great man. nice way to work in the logo.
Old 18-02-2008, 09:54 AM   #29
L3XICON
3d Artist

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicypher View Post
very cool looking, the torso area seems a little thin, with that many layers of clothes it would probably puff out a bit more around the ribs. the belts could use a few more buckles, and you could always throw another 3DT symbol on the blue ****** cloth. i cant wait to see it modeled!
completely agree on all three points! watch this space

Quote:
Originally Posted by akimba View Post
This is really looking good man! The color scheme is lookin good, try to incorporate more reds into his lower half too. Keep it goin!
Yah, colour wise I agree, it is looking a bit unbalanced top / bottom. Thinking about some armour plates hanging from the belt to protect the upper legs, and the boots will be the mucky red too methinks

McKronic, anima3d, McKronic and killadee Thanks! glad you like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank[NL] View Post
ok, i just showed your art to some of my classmates. they want to hit you....
oh heck lol. thanks I think :P

Last edited by L3XICON; 18-02-2008 at 10:12 AM..
Old 18-02-2008, 10:10 AM   #30
Mr.T
lost souvlaki..

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Looking great!
Mr.T is offline   Reply With Quote