>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 10-08-2008, 06:22 PM   #61
WildWire

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #6 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #7 - 2nd Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place Sculpting Challenge #17 
Total Awards: 3
Hello, here is my Pirate. I use all the time and I only sculpt the front.
The hook is made from two cubes. I use the Unify command to bring the cubes
in the center of the ZBrush workspace, then you can work with symmetry and
the Deformation tools like radialFlatten. The hook itself is bend with transpose.
The coin is from the second eye and the eye patch is from the third cube.
Hope you like it.

Ralf Stumpf
Attached Images

WildWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:49 PM   #62
funkdelic
3D Dude!

Send a message via ICQ to funkdelic Send a message via MSN to funkdelic
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: the 2nd place at the 22nd LowPoly Contest  
Total Awards: 3
really cool stuff Pedro and Ralf, congratulations!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #63
DELTATHUND3R

Shivers me timbers.Ralf thats so dam good.Really nicely done .
Pedro..Thats one sick looking Pirate..Both sculpts are very impressive.I havent had time too start mine.Kids keep me rather bizzy.
DELTATHUND3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:53 PM   #64
Longhi

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge  ''After the smoke clears'' The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge ''jack 'o lantern third place'' 
Total Awards: 13
Hello folks
about one hour of blocking the shapes, and more 20 min working on the face....
yes, I love this concept of pirate
Amazing work pedro and Ralf....really like these scuplts...
see ya
Attached Images

Last edited by Longhi; 10-08-2008 at 08:57 PM..
Longhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:55 PM   #65
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
5 Hours. Done.

Post some different views later. Gotta go for now.
Crispy4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:17 PM   #66
bgen
- Modonaut

Send a message via MSN to bgen
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place 
Total Awards: 7
still got 20 min. left - but i will make another pirate....
great works from everyone so far. gn8....
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2008, 10:36 PM   #67
capitan_popo
3d junkie

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature 
Total Awards: 1
GREAT WORK PEDRO, RALF, and BGEN
Pedro: looks really piratey without the classic pirate characteristics!!
RALF GREAT work as always, the hook is impressive, how did you do that, to get it so clean? u should make a tutorial!
BGEN love the character design the beard is great! would work on the hands a bit though
Old 10-08-2008, 11:52 PM   #68
Longhi

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge  ''After the smoke clears'' The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge ''jack 'o lantern third place'' 
Total Awards: 13
Still have 30 minutes to finish, but it's almost done!
Attached Images

Longhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:24 AM   #69
Virtuosic

2 hours left

Virtuosic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:50 AM   #70
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
"Behind every great man, there is a great woman. Behind every great Captain there is a great Quarter Master."

The Back Story
Attached Images

Last edited by Crispy4004; 12-08-2008 at 04:03 PM..
Old 11-08-2008, 06:08 AM   #71
bgen
- Modonaut

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place 
Crispy4004 - simply bautifull my favorite so far. now someone just need to do a pirate hooker since u made a beauty.

Ralf - awsome work as allways. i love ure unique style and cleanliness.

Pedro - he's one ugly pirates - great job. i bet he has a hard time running after someone .

Longhi
- welcome to the forum. nice sculpt. the dreadlocks suit him, the smile too.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:09 AM   #72
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Thanks Bgen. I like Le Chuck a lot too. You definitely captured his character while adding your own touch. Man I really miss those point and click adventures.

Anyways, I hope someone does a pirate tramp too. Slangford's woman, while definately more dominatrix than mine, is still classy. I could see a blatant hooker making for a pretty interesting sculpt, partially because it'd be crossing a line that many here wouldn't touch with a 10 foot stick. (that includes me )

WildWire - Outstanding work. I would have never thought to use the deformation tools to make that hook. Way to think outside the box.

Last edited by Crispy4004; 11-08-2008 at 07:14 AM..
Old 11-08-2008, 07:21 AM   #73
Christian M.

I must go out now and I've got only 45 min left
and so many stuff to correct...

I think I'll do ears,hands,those ugly arms and the decapited head hair pose,
and finally I'll see if I can rush the gun out of it's lack of shape if there is any time left...

Damn! I shouldn't have taken so much time on the attitude,
I know I won't be able to work on the clothes or add further detail to the decapited head...

But I'm confident I'll be faster next time.
Attached Images

Christian M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #74
bgen
- Modonaut

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy4004 View Post
Thanks Bgen. I like Le Chuck a lot too. You definitely captured his character while adding your own touch. Man I really miss those point and click adventures.
cheers, i deffenitly miss those games as well, the only good adventure game close to that was Jack Keane - i have played it and it was nice. But nothing comes cloes to Day of Dentacle, Indy 3,4, Monkey Island, Loom series. The modern game have nice graphic but lack the fun factor and the orignality.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #75
jayjartog

wow, a lot of good works already. the fat pirate looks awesome!
jayjartog is offline   Reply With Quote