>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 01-10-2008, 10:01 PM   #16
jomuller11

oh man, i realy enjoy this sculp challenge!....for now i´m just an espectator of those amazing artist, but with more free time i´ll surely be one of those....
Good luck to everyone.....

Jose

PS: Sorry for my english
jomuller11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:01 AM   #17
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Jose, nothing's stopping you from popping up a sculpt of your own. This is all in the name of fun and learning. So when you've got a couple of hours, put your favourite music in winamp, and give it a try.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:37 AM   #18
mdale13

Send a message via AIM to mdale13
does the 5 hours include any sketches or conceptual stuff?
mdale13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:39 AM   #19
DELTATHUND3R

hi all.
Freespace=ty
Classicgamer=ty
longhi=ty cant wait too see what u think of.
Jose=jump in, grab the bull by the horns.best way to learn..
heres another wip shot.
This time i got into the main Demonicstaff.
Cobra head.I intend on having eyes inside the fans of cobras representing seeing all from a distance.same as on staff.
still heaps of time for the fun stuff.
I cant wait too see what some of you have done or are doing.
Attached Images

DELTATHUND3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:42 AM   #20
skulll_monster

Send a message via MSN to skulll_monster Send a message via Yahoo to skulll_monster
WOW ! im in !
the prizes are great ! but what about "Digital Art Masters" ?

DELTATHUND3R...grat work !
skulll_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:34 AM   #21
strict9
xyz to uv YO

Okay i have given it a start.
didn't use a concept, all i knew was that i wanted a wooden carved staff...just started clay brushing and went with the flow.
after 20 minutes i knew wich way i was going...a plan formed to put a trinket in the mouth...but it might look like big teeth with a stupid grin.
have some plans for changes as wel....i want it to look a bit sad and will try and drape some vines down the staff for a bit more entertainment.(elemental)
don't think i will use trinkets..hehehe mostly cus i'm lazy...preparing for printing.......all ready done..it's one closed mesh hehehehe (not assuming i will win,,,but so far only 2 participants.
and i do feel we need more wips....common people
so far 1.5 hours spend on zbrush..oh wait heres my wip...
Name:  staff.jpg
Views: 1610
Size:  153.8 KB
strict9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #22
jomuller11

well thanks i´ll try to get some free time in the next one and give it a try....

great progress DELTA....you are going fast!

strict, good start, but for me looks like he is laughing....

Jose
jomuller11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #23
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdale13 View Post
does the 5 hours include any sketches or conceptual stuff?
Hey there mdale13. The five hours include direct sculpting. Any concepts, sketches or reference gathering is not in the five hours given. Good question.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #24
strict9
xyz to uv YO

concepting shouldn't be part of the time limit...it's sculpting time limit.
normally i guess you would get a concept and you go sculpting from there.......now you get a description...so now you have to be the concepty as well.....anyway my 2 cents
couldn't help myself,,,crawled back behind the computer:
add 30 minutes to the sculpt please hehehe:
Name:  staff2.jpg
Views: 1450
Size:  156.6 KB
strict9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:04 PM   #25
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
I like how the staff's shaping up, strict9. The ram horns are a cool touch. Looks like a nature magic oriented staff, to me.

However, maybe there's more to do with the mouth. It looks a little empty as it is now.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:10 PM   #26
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
well here is mine, magical Dragon Staff.

Delta _ looks great.
Strict9_ coming out nicely.
Attached Images

M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:50 PM   #27
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
Flamin', Cederstrom!

Old 02-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #28
mdale13

Send a message via AIM to mdale13
wip_1

hey guys!

this is my first entry in the sculpting challenge! i am very excited to be a part of this!

this is my staff so far. i am going for like a troll-witch doctor type staff (notice the somewhat shortened proportions) it will eventually have shrunken heads or skulls on it or something using the 3 allowable trinkets. so far i have the basic forms of a knarled staff. let me know what you think!

edit: oh yeah and about 45 minutes into the 5 hours
Attached Images

Last edited by mdale13; 02-10-2008 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: additional info
mdale13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:25 PM   #29
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
thanks Freespace, I had to work quick on it so I can get Back to the concept work for Unearthly Challenge. LOL
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:08 PM   #30
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
mdale: I like the area where the troll would hold the staff. Now you just need to give the staff something special, with trinkets. You've got the base done, give it life. Welcome to the challenge.

Cederstrom: The faster you're done, the faster you get to do other things. I want a staff like that for myself, though.

Tags
3dtotal, challenge, magical, print, sculpt, speed, staff